• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Another terrible article from the Emptyprise

What I just read is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever read. At no point in the rambling, incoherent response was the author even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this forum is now dumber for having read it. I award you no rep points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

"We support the Second Amendment, but like every other constitutional right, such as abortion and speech, it has its limits. And the Second Amendment, as dictated by the NRA, has its “grievous limits.”

Right, but the limits are supposed to be on the government and not on the people.

Abortion is a constitutional right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, there was this case a few decades ago called "Roe V Wade". Maybe you've heard of it? Just like Gay marriage is a constitutional right now.

Now, how these brilliant lawyers on the Supreme court found wording in the Constitution to support these positions, well, I am apparently not smart enough to read the Constitution.

Regardless of your position on those issues, where the frack they find those rights in the Constitution is beyond me. And HOW they can't read the plain language of the second amendment and not conclude that keeping and bearing arms is a right. Well, lets just say, the world is upside down.

And don't use the word abortion. You'll get the thread locked right quick.

Last edited:
It's amazing how they find all kinds of 'rights' that aren't there, but ones that are in black and white are up for debate/limits.

How about this, to write for or own a news organization - you need to pass a background check and submit fingerprints. As soon as the press is willing - come find me, until then - NO.

My head hurts after reading that stunning piece of journalism. I am now ready to turn over everything i own to obama.
Mind_Blown.jpg

Next time there’s a mass shooting, read Jefferson’s words and ask yourself what you could have done to help prevent it.
The next time there's a mass shooting I'd kind of like to change the 1st Amendment so we can jail news idiots publishing false or misleading information to further their own private agenda.

he forgot this Jefferson quote

Extract from Thomas Jefferson to William Stephens Smith

Paris Aug. 30. 1787.
the tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots & tyrants. it is it’s natural manure.

IT kind of surprises me that all the antis seem to think the NRA is just a lobbying arm of gun manufacturers.

If that was the case they woudln't have to keep begging me to renew my membership even when its like 11 months from expiring.

It's amazing how they find all kinds of 'rights' that aren't there, but ones that are in black and white are up for debate/limits.

How about this, to write for or own a news organization - you need to pass a background check and submit fingerprints. As soon as the press is willing - come find me, until then - NO.

Pretty much perfect. Expand/invent rights they like, constrict/disregard/sweep aside as irrelevant the ones they don't.

"We support the Second Amendment, but like every other constitutional right, such as abortion and speech, it has its limits. And the Second Amendment, as dictated by the NRA, has its “grievous limits.”

Right, but the limits are supposed to be on the government and not on the people.

Which amendment addresses the right to abortion?

You joke, but some California Dems, including Pelosi, have suggested just this! Because, you know, the people who report news need to be trustworthy. I will predict now that within a decade there will in fact be licensing of journalists, blogs, regulation and oversight. You, unlicensed, will be restricted from voicing certain opinions or reporting various incidents that you've witnessed, on forums, facebook blogs etc.

Already, on this very forum, some have suggested gagging the media and not reporting the name of the person involved in a mass shooting. Sickening, but true.

Back
Top Bottom