• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Another Suicide At A Florida Gun Range

Zappa

Road Warrior
NES Member
http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news...t-suicide-casselberry20110630,0,2522423.story

A man committed suicide this afternoon at a gun range in Casselberry, police said.
The man, whose name has not been released, apparently left a suicide note on his cell phone.

The man rented a handgun, and one other patron was at the range at the time

Previous suicides occurred at Shoot Straight in April 2009, when a Winter Springs man killed himself and, in a separate incident, an Altamonte Springs mother shot her 20-year-old son and herself.
In June 2009, a woman shot herself at East Orange Shooting Sports near Winter Park.

[sad2]

WTF why cant people just do it out of the public eyes like in the middle of the woods or driving their car into a pole............Or they can be asses n do it at a shooting range

Didn't we see this movie already? What, is there graffiti in the bathrooms in Casselberry saying "If you want to off yourself, go to Shoot Straight"?

I pity the owners and workers at Shoot Straight. (No pity for the guy who killed himself - he's beyond any need for it. The owners and workers have to deal with the aftermath, though.)

suicide is horrible and if someoone decides they are going to do it, they will. weather its with a gun or a ton of pills. cant blame the range or the gun for someone's psychosis. but i's sure some fuktarded lefty will say that stricter "gun control" would have made all the difference.

suicide is horrible and if someoone decides they are going to do it, they will. weather its with a gun or a ton of pills. cant blame the range or the gun for someone's psychosis. but i's sure some fuktarded lefty will say that stricter "gun control" would have made all the difference.

Right you are...

The family of Tommy McWilliams is shocked by his death. Relatives said the 27-year-old never showed any signs of depression, didn't have a gun, and wondered if the range made it too easy to access a gun and end a life.

"I'm very sorry my nephew chose this outlet," Tommy McWilliams grieving aunt, doesn't want to be identified, but did want to talk about her nephew's tragic and very public death.

McWilliams' aunt said she's a suicide prevention volunteer herself, but she never imagined her nephew would walk into the Casselberry Shoot Straight, rent a handgun, and turn it on himself.

>snip<

McWilliams' aunt said she's worried that another family will have cope with the same pain.

"I think it's maybe just an easy access," said McWilliams' aunt.

http://www.wesh.com/r/28414789/detail.html

[thinking]

Last edited:

Uh... lady, it's Florida - can't he just BUY a gun in a gunshop? All the paperwork required down there is a 4473, right, Skald?

You know what else is easy to access? Bridges, knives, cliffs, drugs, ropes, blunt objects, motor vehicles, overpasses, hungry gators...

Sounds like someone trying to blame the method and not the man. I think I'll make rediculous claims to the media and not attach my name to it. Everyone else is doing it afterall....

Honestly, who cares?

The boys and girls who have to clean up the mess? The folks who have to deal with all the media half-wits going "ZOMG!!!111 Guns for rent!!!1!"?

Seriously... the guy's got a right to off himself - but he becomes an a**h*** of the first magnitude when he makes others clean up his mess like that. I think Ma**h***'s got a good idea there - he should have just fed a hungry gator.

I think he wanted to save money by renting instead of buying... probably had other plans for his money. He clearly didn't think this through.

Seriously, if you want to knock yourself off, by all means do. Just don't involve anyone else. Wander off into the middle of nowhere and feed the wildlife.

Yup. One less douchebag on the planet...
I don't consider the guy a douche at all.

I'm talking about every here getting whipped into a frenzy because this guy chose to kill himself with a rented handgun.

BFD. The media sensationalsim (if there is even any of it) will die away within DAYS. Guaranteed.

Suicide lanes at Shooting ranges? Like those self cleaning bathrooms in Europe. Don't mean to be cold about it, but why leave a mess for someone else?

What a jerk! WTF brings them to a gun range to do this.... Too many other ways to do this which don't create a huge burden on innocent people.....

I feel bad for the owners and members of the range who now have to deal with not only the mess but the press....[sad2]

What a jerk! WTF brings them to a gun range to do this.... Too many other ways to do this which don't create a huge burden on innocent people.....
What on earth are you talking about?

Do you honestly think that the rest of the country is like Mass where everyone goes full retard at the mention of firearms?

Get some perspective. This happened in Florida.

What on earth are you talking about?...

I believe he means the "burden on innocent people" is the trauma to the person(s) who found the deceased, the cost to clean it up, the costs to defend the inevitable civil litigation, the bad publicity and loss of revenue for the range (they stopped renting guns for a year after the last suicide), etc.

I believe he means the "burden on innocent people" is the trauma to the person(s) who found the deceased, the cost to clean it up, the costs to defend the inevitable civil litigation, the bad publicity and loss of revenue for the range (they stopped renting guns for a year after the last suicide), etc.

But, Kevlar... this happened in Florida, not MA! Nothing BAD can happen there! Why, even the newspapers are kind, understanding supporters of the Second Amendment down there! It's only eeeeeevil papers in Massachusetts that keep stories like this alive and urge the [strike]victim's[/strike] idiot's family to file lawsuits. Why, I'll bet that you'll start seeing editorials urging the police not to close the range while they investigate... uh... whatever it is that they need to investigate after seeing a tape of the idiot eating his muzzle.
sarcasm.gif

Glad to see that someone understood what I wrote.

Honestly, who cares?
But, but, but the Brady Bunch might use this against us... [shocked]

[thinking] People - the gun grabbers don't like us. They are never going to like us because they have one or more mental illnesses causing them to have an irrational fear of firearms.

Even if no one got killed, they'd still be afraid of them (and those who seek to disarm us for power will use some other excuse). Get over it. Stop trying to win a popularity contest. They don't have to like us, we have to make them respect our rights.

Back
Top Bottom