Another small score

majspud

NES Life Member
NES Member
Picked up an original two-tone pinned Colt .45acp magazine today for $40. It is not a key hole, and as pinned - if I remember - it is early Springfield made. Also scored an original twin mag pouch to complete my M1911 rig. The pouch is marked B & B inc., 1942, for $30. Can anyone tell me what is the actual company name; Samandglove maybe?

MS

Last edited:
Majspud,

I know nothing about these, but I used some google-fu and came up with this.

WW2 .45 Pouch Lot - FIELD & PERSONAL GEAR - U.S. Militaria Forum
The known markings on WWII .45 pouches are, as far as I know:
Avery (Avery Mfg. Co. New York)
B.B., Inc. (unknown)
Boyle (Boyle Leather Goods Co. Inc., New York)
Boyt (Boyt Harness Co.. Des Moines, Iowa)several 1944 and 1945 USMC contracts for the .45 Pistol-M1 Carbine double use pouches
Ero Mfg. Co. (location unknown)
Hoff (The Hoff Mfg. Co., location unknown)
R.M.Co. (Russell Manufacturing Company, Middleton, Connecticut)
S. F. Co. (Sam Froehlich Co., New York)
V.B.Co. (unknown)

There are a few other collector forums that mention the "B.B Inc" contract, and they also say it is unknown. That's all I could find.

Old North,

I tried both my Google-Fu and Bing-Fu last night last night as well after I posted. Pretty much found the same thing...ah, a mystery...

MS

Here are close ups of the magazine. They also had another two-tone in lesser shape; welded, 'Colt 45 acp' on the bottom. Wonder if I should have gotten that one instead.

MS

Edit:

I did get it right. this is a type IV pinned magazine made by Colt from SN 130K to the end of WWI.

http://coolgunsite.com/pistols/Magazines.htm

Last edited:
Pouch came today; fast shipping and very presentable. Took new pics and replaced the old ones in the first post. I put the WWII mags in the pouch and will use the two-tone in the pistol. A little wiggling to get the mags in, probably been a while since it held magazines, but the fabric 'remembered' quickly enough.

No help on the maker on four other forums; GB American, GB military handguns, Colt forum, and CMP forum. Probably will never know the maker; but can assume Brydon Brothers, CA.

MS

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom