Another scammer on Armslist rant

Had a guy offer me 2! Saa for 300$. Wanted bunch of info, so I started on anti middle east rant he played along for first few...after I sent him Osama Bin Ladans corpse pic and told him how happy I was he stopped sending emails, boy google is handy

i just got an email from someone about my sig p238 ad on armslist:

Re: ARMSLIST - Message from [email protected] about FS: SIG P238 TWO TONE W/VERIDIAN LASER
space.gif

hughes gray to youshow details
space.gif

Thanks for acknowledging my message, the condition of the Gun is great and the price as well. Just so you know I am located at Maryland, Baltimore , and I relocated here 2 weeks ago. I relocated for work. I have other stuffs in my old apartment which includes (refrigerator, gun wardrobe, kitchen items, grand piano, garage items, Big tires, baby stuffs, a Ruger SR40c 9mm, and a WW2 M1 carbine which they are moving for me., A FFL dealer among the pick up agent will meet with you to do a transfer to him then he will bring the gun to Me and do a transfer to Me (so its not a straw purchase). They will deliver them all together with my things so you don't have to ship it. For the payment, I will be mailing you a cashiers check and I will as well add extra $100 to the asking price if you can hold it for me till check arrives and cashed. I will send you a copy of there FFL, though he would coming to pick up with a hard copy of the FFL so you will apply signatures where necessary. we can deal with all that when its time after payment is through. If this is OK, please get in touch with your name and mailing address to send the cashiers check to. Include your phone # as well so I will be able to contact you for fluent communication. Thanks

scam!!

"Fine, but since cashiers checks can take several months to work through the process and be verified as valid, drawn on a consenting account holder, etc. I must hold delivery of goods until 6 months after the check is tendered."

Re: ARMSLIST - Message from [email protected] about FS: SIG P238 TWO TONE W/VERIDIAN LASER
space.gif

space.gif

Thanks for acknowledging my message, the condition of the Gun is great and the price as well. Just so you know I am located at Maryland, Baltimore , and I relocated here 2 weeks ago. I relocated for work. I have other stuffs in my old apartment which includes (refrigerator, gun wardrobe, kitchen items, grand piano, garage items, Big tires, baby stuffs, a Ruger SR40c 9mm, and a WW2 M1 carbine which they are moving for me., A FFL dealer among the pick up agent will meet with you to do a transfer to him then he will bring the gun to Me and do a transfer to Me (so its not a straw purchase). They will deliver them all together with my things so you don't have to ship it. For the payment, I will be mailing you a cashiers check and I will as well add extra $100 to the asking price if you can hold it for me till check arrives and cashed. I will send you a copy of there FFL, though he would coming to pick up with a hard copy of the FFL so you will apply signatures where necessary. we can deal with all that when its time after payment is through. If this is OK, please get in touch with your name and mailing address to send the cashiers check to. Include your phone # as well so I will be able to contact you for fluent communication. Thanks

scam!!

I got the same EXACT message for my hk45. Tonight.

- - - Updated - - -

Word for word!

- - - Updated - - -

I wanted to play w/the guy and ask if he willing to pay $1000 over asking price. Hahaha

space.gif

space.gif

scam!!

Geez, that email is so confusing he would scare off anyone, even if he was a legit seller, which he's obviously not. "I'm moving my grand piano from my old apartment and a FFL is going to hand-carry my 3 guns to Baltimore for me"...seriously?

space.gif

space.gif

scam!!

Im just glad that I am not the only one with a Ruger SR40 in 9mm....I thought it was defective. Also, I fancy putting on my gun wardrobe before I move any furniture or other such belongings!

space.gif

space.gif

scam!!

"then he will bring the gun to Me and do a transfer to Me"

Either your scammers name is Me, he's a caveman, or Solomon Grundy.

Sent from my SM-G928P using Tapatalk

Got a new one today from a "Marine"

"Thank you for the response. According to the description,Am okay with the price and the condition posted on Craigslist. I am ready to make instant purchase.My mode of payment would be in CERTIFIED CHECK and i will arrange for a local pick up as soon as you get the check because that is the only inconvenient means for me and due to my work frame i can not be able to get there and i promise everything will go smoothly.I really wish to be there to check out the item but i don't have chance cause am very busy person (US MARINE). Concerning the pick up, I will arrange for it after you receive the payment and it clears...Pls get back to me with below info so that i can proceed with the payment immediately if you are selling to me.

Name to be on the payment ...........

Address to mail the check to .............

City, state and Zip code .............Not p.o box

Final Asking price...................

Cell phone # to text you on ................

And as soon as this is provided, the payment will be overnight to you and i will let you know when its mailed out. Thanks and i hope we handle this in good faith while waiting to hear from you. I will add an additional $30 so that you can hold it for me till the check reach you.
Best Regards"

Had two major issues with this email.
1.) I posted on Armslist not freaking Craigslist you moron
2.) Do not state that you are a Marine. That's true scumbag level crap

My response seemed fitting, but I may have taken it a little to far...
"
All set scammer. Real low blow to state that you are a Marine. Coming from a son of a Marine that sickens me and I hope you contract multiple STD's and die a slow and painful death.

By the way. "Am okay with the price and the condition posted on Craigslist" Dude, It was posted on Armslist you ******* retard. Get a real job you worthless piece of shit. Clearly Cut and Paste is not your strongest attribute.

Last edited:
I only buy guns from Armslist when I know the profits are going to help Nigerian Princes.

The definition of insanity is repeating the same behavior and expecting a different result, so ultimately there must be some success rate with these scammers, even if its .05 percent or they'd be done by now...

The definition of insanity is repeating the same behavior and expecting a different result, so ultimately there must be some success rate with these scammers, even if its .05 percent or they'd be done by now...

That's the winner. If it wasn't occasionally successful, they would stop. The prince scam is still around because if a fool is born every minute, there are 1400 fools born every day. Let me scribble some math, by the time the first one turns 21, 11 million more have been born. Playing those odds, there's money in those morons.

I think the key to dealing with spammers, telemarketers, etc. is to waste their time.

"Thanks for stopping by. I asked you to come out so that I could give you my do-not-call demand in person and punish you for calling me by wasting your time. Have a nice day."

Another "looks like" scammer on Armslist.
Or Maura is getting the creative in compiling the "list". :)

The email is: [email protected]
-------------CUT--------------------
Hello,

Thanks for your response .I would like to proceed with the instant purchase immediately, Am ok with the condition and the price, I just got deployed from your area that's why i wont be able to come for the pick up in person , i am planning on leaving the US military soon so decided to start a little gun shop of mine to sell guns and ammo and decided to buy some online for re-selling purpose, i can get back to you with a copy of my FFL for verification. So let me know if you are ready to proceed in receiving the payment right away, it will be in form of a CERTIFIED CASHIER CHECK which will be mailed to you via USPS or UPS 2-3 working days delivery, i can organize for a local pick up at your location at your convenient time by my FFL holder once the check is cleared,so you don't need to ship if you don't want to. So please kindly get back to me with your details as requested below.

Name to be on check...................
Full address to receive the check..........
Mobile number........................
Final asking price .........
---------------CUT------------------

As soon as responded with "ask your FFL friend to bring his LTC-A and cash" he disappeared. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Another "looks like" scammer on Armslist.
Or Maura is getting the creative in compiling the "list". :)

The email is: [email protected]
-------------CUT--------------------
Hello,

Thanks for your response .I would like to proceed with the instant purchase immediately, Am ok with the condition and the price, I just got deployed from your area that's why i wont be able to come for the pick up in person , i am planning on leaving the US military soon so decided to start a little gun shop of mine to sell guns and ammo and decided to buy some online for re-selling purpose, i can get back to you with a copy of my FFL for verification. So let me know if you are ready to proceed in receiving the payment right away, it will be in form of a CERTIFIED CASHIER CHECK which will be mailed to you via USPS or UPS 2-3 working days delivery, i can organize for a local pick up at your location at your convenient time by my FFL holder once the check is cleared,so you don't need to ship if you don't want to. So please kindly get back to me with your details as requested below.

Name to be on check...................
Full address to receive the check..........
Mobile number........................
Final asking price .........
---------------CUT------------------

As soon as responded with "ask your FFL friend to bring his LTC-A and cash" he disappeared. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'll bet the BATFE would be interested in some guy sending out FFL's and using someone else to pick up the firearms.
If it was me I'd call and ask them.

I'll bet the BATFE would be interested in some guy sending out FFL's and using someone else to pick up the firearms.

Good point! Thanks!
I'm sure the FFL is fake/stolen, so it's not likely the case you describe.
I have another listing on Armslist, so if he bites there, I'll string him along and report it.

There is a certain leeway for "W2 employees" of FFLs to possess and transport firearms on the FFLs license. The BATFE clarified this a few years ago when they tightened up the regulations to specifically exclude gun writers lacking FFLS; 1099 consultants; etc. suggesting that such persons should obtain an FFL (and, in the process, creating a BATFE endorsed reason to hold an FFL even if one is not engaged in retail trade or manufacturing)

The best part is that the guy wanted to buy firearms that are more expensive coming from a FTF and in used condition vs. buying cheaper from a distributor in new condition to sell at his shop. [lol]

I'm no super savvy businessman, but even I know that you don't buy things to sell just to break even or at a guaranteed loss when starting a business.

There is a certain leeway for "W2 employees" of FFLs to possess and transport firearms on the FFLs license. The BATFE clarified this a few years ago when they tightened up the regulations to specifically exclude gun writers lacking FFLS; 1099 consultants; etc. suggesting that such persons should obtain an FFL (and, in the process, creating a BATFE endorsed reason to hold an FFL even if one is not engaged in retail trade or manufacturing)

It's still not a legitimate FFL. It's an Armslist scammer using a fake or stolen FFL.

I'd contact ARMY CID and say you think this guy is doing something shady/ Let them get all up in his business. Hes either really in and hes a scumbag so he can go swallow his barrel for all I care for disgracing his uniform or hes an imposter who faked credentials with photoshop and he also deserves whatever is coming to him for stolen valor. F-him

It's still not a legitimate FFL. It's an Armslist scammer using a fake or stolen FFL.
Undderstood. My point was that a complaint "an FFL is having his employee pick up a gun" is not in and of itself something descriptive of a criminal act.

Scammers are easy to spot. I list no shipping, the scammer then asks you to ship. The price is listed, the scammer asks for your final price. "Final price" is a scammer keyword. A real person will ask you if you would take $xxx". kindly" is another scammer keyword. Inquiries that are clear in the add is another.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom