Another respiratory virus from China (Coronavirus Megathread)

Spanz

NES Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
That was an inference from a change in text on the CDC’s web page that emphasized airborne transmission and de-emphasized contact transmission. It’s not the thousands who might touch a subway railing, it’s the thousands blowing droplets everywhere.
Do you really expect the CDC to admit "hey, remember all that bullshit earlier on where we told you wearing a mask would do you no good, especially if it was an N95 mask"?

Well....all that "advice" was pure misleading bullshit. Thousands of folks who believed it, died following that advice

Woodsloafer

NES Member
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Do you really expect the CDC to admit "hey, remember all that bullshit earlier on where we told you wearing a mask would do you no good, especially if it was an N95 mask"?

Well....all that "advice" was pure misleading bullshit. Thousands of folks who believed it, died following that advice
The CDC has blood on their hands for telling people in the beginning they did not need to wear masks or face coverings - and their supposed to be the world's experts in communicable diseases??? If everyone had worn some type of face covering right from the get go perhaps full scale lock downs would not have been necessary and many more lives would have been saved.

jpk

Rating - 100%
3   0   0

Dr Chan today made a claim that wearing a mask wouldnt protect the user unless they were wearing it in a medical facility/environment........

drgrant

NES Member
Rating - 100%
59   0   0
Dr Chan today made a claim that wearing a mask wouldnt protect the user unless they were wearing it in a medical facility/environment........
Shit, even if I was FTF with her I would instantly blurt out "So can you enlighten us, what kind of gnomish mysticism a hospital has that makes a mask work and why its suddenly inert outside of a hospital or clinic etc? " About the only plausible argument she could make is if it was proven somewhere that "casual mask wearers (eg, people not familiar with PPE protocols) actually ended up just infecting themselves with rona that was on the outside of the mask" etc. That strikes me as something that would be exceptionally hard to test for in some kind of a
study.

-Mike

hminsky

NES Life Member
NES Member
Rating - 100%
60   0   0
The CDC has blood on their hands for telling people in the beginning they did not need to wear masks or face coverings - and their supposed to be the world's experts in communicable diseases??? If everyone had worn some type of face covering right from the get go perhaps full scale lock downs would not have been necessary and many more lives would have been saved.
A more likely outcome would be that the rate of infection would indeed be lower for a little while, then Fox News would start pushing the
idea that since nobody was getting sick, you don't need masks and they are some kind of Democratic Party move to smear Trump,
so people would stop wearing them and we'd be in the same place as we are now anyway.

Woodsloafer

NES Member
Rating - 100%
13   0   0

HARRYM

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pardon me but I'll stick with the actual results of all the predictions, models, projections, opinions, need more ventilators, more hospital beds, millions will die.....I could go on but in the end every single one has been wrong.

grey

NES Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Which way does the mask work again? In or out? If I put the mask on inside out does it reverse the virus flow or no? And does putting a tampon in the blow out valve really work? Forget it, I'll just knit one thanks

MaverickNH

NES Member
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
My Progressive/Liberal friends were puzzled by the below Pew Research survey that showed a large uptick in trust of Medical Scientists by Dem/Lean-Dem 2019 to 2020. While initially in denial, they eventually agreed it's a Trump thing. If Trump wasn't pushing on NIH's Fauci and CDC's Redfield so hard they wouldn't have any more trust in them in 2020 than they did in 2019. With Lib/Prog Dems, everything is explained by Trump-Hate. Everything...

1590152076861.png

Of course, the Mostly Negative Overall Views of Medical Doctors/Scientists in the lower left chart below is explained by the 7%'rs on NES.

1590152688148.png

jpk

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Shit, even if I was FTF with her I would instantly blurt out "So can you enlighten us, what kind of gnomish mysticism a hospital has that makes a mask work and why its suddenly inert outside of a hospital or clinic etc? " About the only plausible argument she could make is if it was proven somewhere that "casual mask wearers (eg, people not familiar with PPE protocols) actually ended up just infecting themselves with rona that was on the outside of the mask" etc. That strikes me as something that would be exceptionally hard to test for in some kind of a
study.

-Mike
Dr Chan (HE) has been flat out lying about mask use and other issues since he got his big chance in front of the camera a couple months back

The fact of the matter is that his organization, NH HHS and the hospital administrators across the state all got caught with their pants down and ZERO stocks of PPE on hand so they lied to the people and asked them to GIVE hospitals their N-95's "because they're not effective for the public".....the non stop BS that slides out of his maw is nothing less than a BS cover up

Every chance he gets he attempts to scare people with nonsense like "Out of an abundance of caution/Because we dont know/It COULD be risky" bullshit

Even reps/members of the reopen cmte are starting to push back on his BS....

He's NH's version of Fauxi

jpk

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Dr Chan, whoever the f**k that is, is LYING TO YOUR FACE!
The sad thing is that WMUR lets is slide......not a single interviewer does their job and challenges the BS coming out of his mouth

The medial lack anything that resembles critical thinking skills

jpk

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Well folks.....CDC just confirmed that the rona has a fatality rate on par with seasonal flu

Several studies have suggested that Trump was right. But, now here’s what the CDC is saying about the fatality rate the coronavirus:

• 0-49 years old: .05% (Its the f***ing Flu)
  • 50-64 years old: .2% (Its the f***ing Flu)
  • 65+ years old: 1.3%
  • Overall ages: .4%
Time to end the f***ing shut down

Additionally....Apple can go f*** themselves

SpaceCritter

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

UNICEF reported a significant delay in planned vaccine deliveries due to lockdown measures and a dramatic reduction in the number of available flights. More than 40 of Africa's 54 nations have closed their borders, though some allow cargo and emergency transport.
Thanks, Fauci. [thinking]

SpaceCritter

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

MaverickNH

NES Member
Rating - 100%
6   0   0

“On the narrow question of whether lockdowns control COVID-19, though, I rounded up everything I was aware of, including findings I very much doubt. And I did my best to dredge up more work with Internet searches, though there is so much of this stuff that the studies cited below cannot possibly be all of it...I know a lot of readers are going to go hunting for studies that support whatever they already think, so I’ve organized the research according to the conclusions it reached, from pro-lockdown to anti-lockdown. It’s the scientific method!’

This will be studied for years, with those advocating whether it worked or not parsing and analyzing data, arguing others did their analyses wrong, and advocating for better data collection systems in the future. But there will be no new grassroots advocacy groups (Moms Demand Masks), Lefist (Students for a Distanced Society), Rightist (Alt-Antilockdown) or institutions formed or reformed (NIH, CDC, Bloomberg School of Public Health - we already got ‘em).

Almost 1000 biomedical publications on the topic - mostly 2020.

09434001-B748-4BDB-8A1E-B7618D56809F.png

Last edited:
Reactions: JJ4
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Charlie Baker actually said this:

“If you don’t want to wear a mask because you don’t like wearing a mask, if you don’t want to social distance because you don’t like to social distance, please think about those families,” [Baker] said. “Those Moms and Dads, those brothers and sisters, those sons and daughters of those who lost their lives fighting for your freedom to put on that mask, and just do it for them. Socially distance for them. Wash your hands for them because if they were here they’d have done the same thing.”

yanici

NES Member
Rating - 97.2%
35   1   0
Charlie Baker actually said this:

“If you don’t want to wear a mask because you don’t like wearing a mask, if you don’t want to social distance because you don’t like to social distance, please think about those families,” [Baker] said. “Those Moms and Dads, those brothers and sisters, those sons and daughters of those who lost their lives fighting for your freedom to put on that mask, and just do it for them. Socially distance for them. Wash your hands for them because if they were here they’d have done the same thing.”

Yeah, when he said that you could even smell the $hit coming out of his mouth. He doesn't know what freedom is. What has he ever done to insure our freedom and Constitutional rights. Eff You Charlie Parker!!

Top Bottom