Another respiratory virus from China (Coronavirus Megathread)

mibro

NES Member
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
In Soviet Union there were no fishermen or mermaid on the bottle, it was just a brown bottle that stank like ass and my mother had to threaten me to get a table spoonful. I remember it well.
Same in the UK. Brown glass bottle. Never bothered me to take it, I quite liked it.

allen-1

NES Member
Rating - 100%
4   0   0

MaverickNH

NES Member
Rating - 100%
6   0   0

Strategic National Stockpile again...more about the Lazy Grasshoppers dividing up what the Industrious Ants produced.

Obama’s former team critical of Trump for not doing what Obama talked about doing but didn’t do. Perhaps if Trump talked about doing it but didn’t they’d be satisfied?

MaverickNH

NES Member
Rating - 100%
6   0   0

Silly scientist tries to expose political shenanigans, gets fired, accused of malfeasance and predatory stalking. I learned long ago, that when you walk into a meeting and you’re the only one carrying a bundle of facts, data and analyses, you have to set it on the floor, sit down, smile, and shut up. The decision was already made and the meeting is just about swearing an oath that you’re in.

SpaceCritter

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

jpk

Rating - 100%
3   0   0

I'm cynical enough to believe this was the INTENT.
'
The "Cure" is worse than the "Disease"

I'm sufficiently skeptical based on the endless string of lies/false information/etc that have come from politicians and "Medical Experts" embedded in state/federal gov as well as big business like Gates that there actually is a conspiracy afoot......a real attempt to create a scream test or test to see what the public would tolerate

I say they all need to be fired......starting with Fauci, Birx and Chan here in NH.....throw in the leadership of HHS at fed/state levels too for crimes against citizens

We need a tabulation of how many people have died/been harmed because of the over reaction and their inability to get to medical services due to shut down.....not to mention loss of income/etc

If we fail to hold the "Experts", politicians and bureaucrats accountable then they WILL do it again....its just a matter of time

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Dershowitz - you have no right NOT to be vaccinated.

Wow - power of the state in the name of health...

View: https://youtu.be/bLbp2uw5sZQ

and from Wikki...
Alan Morton Dershowitz is an American lawyer and academic. He is a scholar of United States constitutional law and criminal law. He has also been described as a noted civil libertarian

[puke]

Spanz

NES Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
humor....thank god [rofl]

Don't think anyone is suggesting wearing masks will stop the thing. If the R0 is 4 and masks cut it down by half thats a big deal. Combine that with some other common sense measures and it can be controlled.
They are saying picking it up from touching things does NOT spread the virus. So breathing it in is pretty much it. So a PROPERLY worn good mast should nearly eliminate new cases

GomerPile

NES Member
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I heard there was a study on the touch thing....have you found a link to it?

They are saying picking it up from touching things does NOT spread the virus. So breathing it in is pretty much it. So a PROPERLY worn good mast should nearly eliminate new cases

Rating - 100%
3   0   0

ront02769

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
gotta read the whole thing and not just headline. cdc message sounds to be not LIKELY to get it from contaminated surfaces, person to person main vector......but then of course they go on to say but ya gotta go on disinfecting those surfaces anyway? Plot by manufacturers of Lysol wipes!

Choctaw

NES Life Member
NES Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

Strategic National Stockpile again...more about the Lazy Grasshoppers dividing up what the Industrious Ants produced.

Obama’s former team critical of Trump for not doing what Obama talked about doing but didn’t do. Perhaps if Trump talked about doing it but didn’t they’d be satisfied?
China seizes control of PPE factories, sparking fear of new coronavirus wave

China’s Communist Party is again seizing factory lines churning out the world’s supply of medical safety gear — sparking fears the country is preparing for a second wave of the coronavirus, American traders in China told The Post.

New Yorker Moshe Malamud, who has done business in China for over two decades, was moving tens of millions of pieces of protective gear to the U.S. at the height of the crisis but said suppliers in recent weeks had been overwhelmed with orders from the Chinese government.

What is the U.S. going to do about China?
“I was placing a larger order with one of the bigger distributors and he tells me, ‘I can complete this order but after this we’ve been contracted by the Chinese government to produce 250 million gowns,'” said Malamud, who lived in China for a decade before founding aviation company M2Jets.

He said he heard a similar story about another manufacturer making thermometers.

“We hear how China is up and running and the virus is past them, so I asked, ‘What are they ordering 250 million gowns for?’ and of course no one is talking.”

“I’ve been hearing this a lot from other manufacturing institutions that say, ‘We can give you a little bit, but basically we’re concentrated between now and the end of the summer manufacturing stuff for the Chinese government in anticipation of a second wave,’” he continued.

Last month, leading U.S. manufacturers of medical safety gear told the White House that China had prohibited them from exporting goods as the crisis mounted, a Post report revealed.

Junior314

NES Member
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
China seizes control of PPE factories, sparking fear of new coronavirus wave

China’s Communist Party is again seizing factory lines churning out the world’s supply of medical safety gear — sparking fears the country is preparing for a second wave of the coronavirus, American traders in China told The Post.

New Yorker Moshe Malamud, who has done business in China for over two decades, was moving tens of millions of pieces of protective gear to the U.S. at the height of the crisis but said suppliers in recent weeks had been overwhelmed with orders from the Chinese government.

“I was placing a larger order with one of the bigger distributors and he tells me, ‘I can complete this order but after this we’ve been contracted by the Chinese government to produce 250 million gowns,'” said Malamud, who lived in China for a decade before founding aviation company M2Jets.

He said he heard a similar story about another manufacturer making thermometers.

“We hear how China is up and running and the virus is past them, so I asked, ‘What are they ordering 250 million gowns for?’ and of course no one is talking.”

“I’ve been hearing this a lot from other manufacturing institutions that say, ‘We can give you a little bit, but basically we’re concentrated between now and the end of the summer manufacturing stuff for the Chinese government in anticipation of a second wave,’” he continued.

Last month, leading U.S. manufacturers of medical safety gear told the White House that China had prohibited them from exporting goods as the crisis mounted, a Post report revealed.
This is a wake up call that will sadly fall on deaf ears in America and elsewhere. Doing business with the CCP is suicide.

SpaceCritter

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Connecticut 5/21:

CTWuhon20200521.jpg
CTWuhonPCT20200521.jpg
CTWuhonCases20200521.jpg

191 (!) new cases, over 5729 tests. New cases / new tests averages 9.9% over the past 14 days, and 8.2% over the past week. Hospitalizations dropped 71 (a new record), meaning 816 beds (9.2%) are occupied by virus patients.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Not learn its f***ing lesson I'm sure.

We need a law mandating that a certain reserve for PPE and critical meds MUST be made in the US and certain strategic reserves MUST be kept at certain levels. It's sad and pathetic that it took something like this for us to realize how dependent we are on a hostile communist shit hole country like China. There's no f***ing excuse for it after this, not that there ever was.

new guy

NES Member
Rating - 100%
58   0   0
Which governor tyrant will be first to be impeached, imprisoned by barr or to have a spectacular accident

It's suspicious (it's not) how all these leftist governors are coming out now, around the same time, and declaring that things can't get back to normal until some sort of vaccine is developed that guarantees an end to the virus. Everyone knows a vaccine is a long shot that's a long way off if it's coming at all, so what they're saying is that they don't intend to let go of the leash and the power that comes with it unless and until they've lost their last conceivable argument for holding onto it. There's no defaulting to people being free to live their lives, tyranny is the default.

SpaceCritter

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Which governor tyrant will be first to be impeached, imprisoned by barr or to have a spectacular accident

Someone will (sooner rather than later) file the right motion with the right judge, and get all the EOs kicked. The Donks will then pretend they never happened, and that all the economic damage they inflicted on their states is somehow Trump's fault. Not quite sure what Chris "Mr. Dumass" Sununu or that other RINO across the river are going to do.

jpk

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
It's suspicious (it's not) how all these leftist governors are coming out now, around the same time, and declaring that things can't get back to normal until some sort of vaccine is developed that guarantees an end to the virus. Everyone knows a vaccine is a long shot that's a long way off if it's coming at all, so what they're saying is that they don't intend to let go of the leash and the power that comes with it unless and until they've lost their last conceivable argument for holding onto it. There's no defaulting to people being free to live their lives, tyranny is the default.
I suspect that there is an underlying effort to try to get trump/barr to intervene to gin up a political kerfluffle

The RIGHT response on behalf of Trump/Barr is to file suit in court under guise of 14A violations on part of governors

Although I suspect a great many people would like to see one/more than one of these tyrants removed from office

SpaceCritter

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I suspect that there is an underlying effort to try to get trump/barr to intervene to gin up a political kerfluffle
Well, the United States is Constitutionally obligated to "guarantee to every State in this Union a Republican Form of Government" so they're actually not only well within their rights, they're required to do so, insofar as a gubernatorial dictatorship is NOT a republican form of government. Reasonable people make exceptions for bona fide emergencies. Month after month after MONTH isn't an emergency, especially when the stated reason - swamping the health care system - never happened nor came close to happening. Surely the legislature could have been called in, during all those months, for an emergency session.

SpaceCritter

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ohio Gubernatorial Tyrant slapped down by the courts

Yay, Wisconsin, Oregon, Ohio.

Oh, Mr. Barr...

May 11, 2020

The Hon. William Barr
Attorney General of the United States
U.S. Department of Justice
950 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW
Washington, DC 20530-0001

Mr. Barr:

Earlier in the year, when the Wuhan coronavirus first began spreading across the globe, images out of hard-hit countries like Italy, and unknowns about lethality and contagiousness, made an (over)abundance of caution seem prudent. Experts predicted over a million US deaths and an inundated health care system, with insufficient mechanical ventilators and patients dying untreated in hallways.

None of this has come to pass. In fact, the impact of this pandemic in the US is markedly similar to those in the fairly recent past, including the H2N2 pandemic of 1957-58, or the “Hong Kong Flu” of 1968. In neither case were there widespread shutdowns of entire industry sectors with the associated economic damage. In fact, today they are widely forgotten.

Here in “hard-hit” Connecticut, no more than 1972 out of 8847 staffed hospital beds were ever occupied by virus patients – and that 8847 does not include any of the special facilities hastily built to accommodate an expected surge of cases – and that census has been steadily dropping, 1212 as of today. Beyond virus patients, not many more beds are occupied, due to cancelation of “elective” procedures (often to the detriment of the health of the patient).

Yet many governors – including Ned Lamont – carry on with emergency powers and closures. A state of emergency requires a bona fide emergency to exist, and not merely in the mind of the executive. That was posited to be the possibility of collapsing the health care system under the weight of virus patients, a fear that was not only unfounded but ridiculously so. Yet the closures are in place, creating both an economic and health care (for other than the virus) catastrophe of epic proportions. Neither do these governors show any signs on relenting – they are speaking of keeping restrictions in place for months – nor is there rhyme or reason behind many of these restrictions: they are in many cases textbook capricious and arbitrary.

Article Four, Section 4, Clause 1 of the United States Constitution states: “The United States shall guarantee to every State in this Union a Republican Form of Government[…]” A gubernatorial dictatorship is NOT a republican form of government.

Furthermore, the damage done by the response to this virus threatens to eclipse the damage of the virus itself, in spheres personal (untreated illnesses, increases in suicides and substance abuse, etc.) and economic (many businesses simply will not survive being shut down for months). These very personal tragedies, when summed, become not only a national tragedy but a threat to our national security.

Nor is there reason to believe these restrictions are at all effective. There are differences in response in the United States – and internationally – and in many cases those places that took de minimis action are no worse outcome, and in many cases are better off, than those that imposed draconian restrictions.

Therefore, I am imploring you to put the full force of the United States Department of Justice behind compelling these governors – including Ned Lamont – to rescind their executive orders.

Respectfully,

The SpaceCritter, author of such classic children's books as What Stinks? and Your Granny's A Tranny!

Cc: The Hon. Ned Lamont, Governor, State of Connecticut
The Hon. Eric C. Berthel, Connecticut State Senate
The Hon. David K. Labriola, Connecticut House of Representatives
Waterbury Republican-American newspaper, Waterbury, Connecticut
file

Enclosures:
Chart: Connecticut COVID-19 New Deaths and Hospitalization Changes
Chart: Percent of Connecticut Hospital Beds Occupied by COVID-19 Patients
Chart: Daily New COVID-19 Cases in Connecticut

jpk

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I suspect we have at least one Vitamin D early adopter here that will sieze upon this OR may have already read it

Vitamin D Deficiency Linked to Positive COVID-19 Test

Multiple variables were analyzed in this study. The researchers found that people with vitamin D deficiency at the last testing, and who did not receive higher doses of vitamin D (keeping them deficient in all probability), are much more likely to be infected with the virus than those with probably sufficient levels. The corresponding rates of infection were 22% vs. 12%.

The prevalence of vitamin D deficiency decreased with higher vitamin D dosage, but the latter was not linked to positive testing for COVID-19.

drgrant

NES Member
Rating - 100%
59   0   0
Another indicator the whole thing is overblown- if it truly spread by surface contact to a great degree, one would think that exponentially more people would have become
infected and fallen ill. The media and various experts had been making it sound like it was the virus mandy used on david palmer in 24.... [laugh]

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0a9qmc9ju4U

SpaceCritter

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I suspect we have at least one Vitamin D early adopter here that will sieze upon this OR may have already read it

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KqpXzSHJaag

MaverickNH

NES Member
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
That was an inference from a change in text on the CDC’s web page that emphasized airborne transmission and de-emphasized contact transmission. It’s not the thousands who might touch a subway railing, it’s the thousands blowing droplets everywhere.

SpaceCritter

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That was an inference from a change in text on the CDC’s web page that emphasized airborne transmission and de-emphasized contact transmission. It’s not the thousands who might touch a subway railing, it’s the thousands blowing droplets everywhere.
Or: let's further absolve blame from Cuomo, in this case from his filthy trains.

The Donks are still positioning Cuomo as the next POTUS.

Top Bottom