Another respiratory virus from China (Coronavirus Megathread)

djbradles

NES Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Given that mass has added 1k+ new cases most days over the last week I would have expected higher numbers

How many of the above facilities are at capacity .....particularly wrt ICU?

Given that Mass has announced plans for rationing I have to believe most hospitals are at capacity
We are getting to capacity fast. Only problem is how many staff are available. There is the space and materials but not the staff if we begin to see 10’s of 100’s more.

Actually today we received inquiry of how many medical gas hookups and vacuum we have in our X-ray rooms. That shows we are nearing some troubling times.

10thSFFD

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It looks like all number in Europe and China are up again today.

Some smaller countries in Europe has decided to do "smart quarantine". Teams of medics are sent out to test the entire population for Covid. Those tested positive are recorded in the database and asked to quarantine at their homes without any walking outside of their homes.

djbradles

NES Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
One thing I havent seen any info/data on is frequency with which a person that goes on a vent actually recovers.......and how long the average person who recovers was on a vent
I might be able to find that out tonight. I would guess even the nurses caring for these patients who are intubated can only give vague estimates.

cmcgraw2

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With ventilators running out, doctors say the machines are overused for Covid-19

"What’s driving this reassessment is a baffling observation about Covid-19: Many patients have blood oxygen levels so low they should be dead. But they’re not gasping for air, their hearts aren’t racing, and their brains show no signs of blinking off from lack of oxygen. "

"One reason Covid-19 patients can have near-hypoxic levels of blood oxygen without the usual gasping and other signs of impairment is that their blood levels of carbon dioxide, which diffuses into air in the lungs and is then exhaled, remain low. That suggests the lungs are still accomplishing the critical job of removing carbon dioxide even if they’re struggling to absorb oxygen. That, too, is reminiscent of altitude sickness more than pneumonia."

Last edited:

rkwjunior

NES Member
Rating - 100%
35   0   0
There's a reason you earned the nickname mao/mengele junior.....

I've never personally known anyone I thought that was defective enough upstairs to enguage in corona challenge behavior.....until I interacted with you.

Best of luck to you
Practice what you preach.
Stop washing your hands raw, just a ",flu.

jpk

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Practice what you preach.
Stop washing your hands raw, just a ",flu.
Hey, next time you play in traffic please post pics

In the meantime I've got more interesting things to do than banter with someone clearly on the spectrum......

Best of luck to you

HARRYM

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Please realize that we will never know the true death rate percent. We will only know the death rate percent of those actually tested. This Covid 19 has a rate between 20% and 25% of those who would test positive but will have never been tested because they were asymptomatic so they had no clue they had anything. So, for example, out of a million people, you would have 200,000 to 250,000 of them walking around saying I'm fine. The asymptomatic people and they are out there, and if known, would thereby be factored into the total positives and by virtue of that lower the death rate as it stands now.

Reactions: jpk

Zappa

Road Warrior
NES Member
Rating - 100%
27   0   0

jpk

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Please realize that we will never know the true death rate percent. We will only know the death rate percent of those actually tested. This Covid 19 has a rate between 20% and 25% of those who would test positive but will have never been tested because they were asymptomatic so they had no clue they had anything. So, for example, out of a million people, you would have 200,000 to 250,000 of them walking around saying I'm fine. The asymptomatic people and they are out there, and if known, would thereby be factored into the total positives and by virtue of that lower the death rate as it stands now.
If Fauci and his cabal get their way everyone will be locked away in their homes until they come up with an antibody test

And only people who pass the test will be CERTIFIED to be permitted to be in public

Now the bullshit is really flowing......."models of (failed) models"

Fauci also suggests that americans should never shake hands again as part of customary greeting....

In other news the second vaccine trial has begin

HARRYM

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

rkwjunior

NES Member
Rating - 100%
35   0   0

In the meantime I've got more interesting things to do than banter with someone clearly on the spectrum......

Best of luck to you
Next time you push someone into the street, post pics.
Meanwhile I have better thing to do than banter with cowards.
I cant call you jade helm anymore. Your now one of the sheeple on lockdown doing what your told.
Stay safe. Wash up.

jpk

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Next time you push someone into the street, post pics.
Meanwhile I have better thing to do than banter with cowards.
I cant call you jade helm anymore. Your now one of the sheeple on lockdown doing what your told.
Stay safe. Wash up.
[rofl][rofl][rofl][rofl][rofl][rofl]

Individualist

NES Member
Rating - 100%
45   0   0
This is huge news

Testing for covid antibodies starting today in Woburn Lab.

$60. They are booked for the next 10 days.

If you have antibodies, then you should get to wear a gold star on your forehead and let everyone know you are now immune.

Or at least offer to have sex with certain non-Covs to immunize them against the apocalypse and allow them to join your herd.

Junior314

NES Member
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
There's a reason you earned the nickname mao/mengele junior.....

I've never personally known anyone I thought that was defective enough upstairs to enguage in corona challenge behavior.....until I interacted with you.

Best of luck to you
You have some serious issues you need to resolve. You're way past funny, beyond tolerable.

Best of luck to you
You need to stop this shit. Get off NES for awhile. Go for a walk. The way you treat other people is despicable.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
If Fauci and his cabal get their way everyone will be locked away in their homes until they come up with an antibody test

And only people who pass the test will be CERTIFIED to be permitted to be in public

Now the bullshit is really flowing......."models of (failed) models"

Fauci also suggests that americans should never shake hands again as part of customary greeting....

In other news the second vaccine trial has begin

I think Fauci is genuinely interested in stopping this....But I think he's 100% science brained and simply cannot see past any science into the realm on the political or economic impacts.

I think that he's pretty brilliant and has to rely on data available as it comes. As the pandemic has changed and the models have changed it's only reasonable to assume his advise or recommendations would change. Expecting him to be this all knowing god from the outset is kind of unrealistic. People seem to expect that doctors always know everything.

I DO think he's being dumb about hydroxychloroquine and that patients at real risk of death should be offered the drug if they sign a waiver....that gets real time clinical trials done, maybe not the way he and the FDA like to see them done, but it builds a bigger data set. And a patient who is looking at drowning in their own lung sauce or taking a drug that, at worst, may not work is facing an easy choice. Just give them the f***ing drug.

jpk

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
You have some serious issues you need to resolve. You're way past funny, beyond tolerable.
If you dont like the post mash the ignore button

No one is compelling you to read it

Its always amusing when someone takes issue with a response like mine while ignoring the shit poster who breaks forum rules......

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
If you dont like the post mash the ignore button

No one is compelling you to read it

Its always amusing when someone takes issue with a response like mine while ignoring the shit poster who breaks forum rules......
I'm compelled to tell you this because I like you, and I'm worried that quarantine is getting to you. Take a break, there's no argument worth debasing yourself to this end.

jpk

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I think Fauci is genuinely interested in stopping this....But I think he's 100% science brained and simply cannot see past any science into the realm on the political or economic impacts.

I think that he's pretty brilliant and has to rely on data available as it comes. As the pandemic has changed and the models have changed it's only reasonable to assume his advise or recommendations would change. Expecting him to be this all knowing god from the outset is kind of unrealistic. People seem to expect that doctors always know everything.

I DO think he's being dumb about hydroxychloroquine and that patients at real risk of death should be offered the drug if they sign a waiver....that gets real time clinical trials done, maybe not the way he and the FDA like to see them done, but it builds a bigger data set. And a patient who is looking at drowning in their own lung sauce or taking a drug that, at worst, may not work is facing an easy choice. Just give them the f***ing drug.
Agree

He's an intelligent individual but the stuff he says and advocates for are so far divorced from reality and practical solutions......and that people are literally dying and will continue to die/suffer as a result of some of the nutty professor ideas.......its like he's running a lab experiment instead of his recommendations having horrific real world consequences

We're up over 15 million new unemployment claims........OMFG!!!!

Suicide rates are thru the roof

Wait until people start being evicted/forclosed on

the list goes on and on and on

BBQ.Uncle

NES Life Member
NES Member
Rating - 100%
3   0   0

jpk

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
A picture is worth a thousands words.....

View: https://youtu.be/WZSKoNGTR6Q

Too bad there isnt an animation of how well a mask (even home made) works to minimize this

Should help illustrate how detrimental the great supermarket stamped of early/mid march was and why infection rates went thru the roof soon afterwards

Rating - 0%
0   0   0

If you watch the video you can clearly see he is joking about the situation regarding never shaking hands again. Gatewaypundit isn't too biased. /sarcasm/ JFC.

His job is to present medical advice, it is up to the rest of the administration to make policy. I want to hear his medical advice direct, not from a politician with their own agenda.

ASHDUMP

NES Member
Rating - 100%
6   0   0

One again, Fox News throwing in incorrect politically motivated medical speculation into the mix...
Did you watch the entire video? The Washington Post starts the video somewhere right in the middle. I thought Tucker made some good points about how other deaths "such as pneumonia" have drastically decreased during the Corona outbreak. Meaning people that are dying of pneumonia are probably getting a China Flue diagnosis.

Top Bottom