Another respiratory virus from China (Coronavirus Megathread)

Atlantis

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh no shit. Good on you!

One graph I was hoping to find was the number of new cases per day over the previous day. Maybe since you have all the data entered it might be an easy formula for you?

Example: Monday there were 375 cases. Thursday there were 500 cases. So new cases over previous day is 125.
Let me see if I get this. If there was 100 new cases every day, you would want a graph that shows 0 everyday. Until one day there were 110 new cases, and that day you would want to see 10?

If you just mean new cases per day, the first graph in each category labeled Daily Testing is the new tests performed each day and the new cases each day.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No doubt that it’ll take time for us to shift production out of China either back home or at least to a non communist totalitarian nation.

Much will change over the next few years.

I think when this is all over, the American people will view China in a much different way.

It won’t be so much ‘buy American’. It’ll be more ‘don’t buy chinese’.
About the only thing I can't find 'Made in China' is electronics. Now, are these products actually made in China and relabeled? That I don't know. Yes, I pay a little more. But I have pants that are 10 years old and look almost new.

Right now the world death toll stands at around 67,000 dead.
Not to sound overly morbid, but there should be a literal explosion of deaths soon. That, or the treatments they are throwing into the field are actually working and will mitigate the final death count. I'm not sure people thought that a malaria drug might be the savior of a 'flu' epidemic. That could be a huge wild card that simply wasn't put into the mix.

I think people think 'experts' know everything. They don't. Experts know a lot about a single topic, but the knowledge of others isn't added into the overall picture. The expert is thinking 'poop, this gonna be ugly', then out of left field, <insert common ingredient> is the Achilles Tendon to the bug. I hope this oversimplification is true. We may have dodged a huge bullet.

Waher

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Boston Gun & Rifle and Braintree Rifle & Pistol

IE BEATDOWN: Tim Blair Delivers An Old-Fashioned Fisking to the Chinese Propaganda Apparat, And It’s Brutal.
The Daily Telegraph this week received a letter from the Australian Consulate General of the People’s Republic of China, who took gentle issue with our excellent coverage of the coronavirus crisis.
Following is a point-by-point response to the Consulate General and China’s communist dictatorship:
Recently the Daily Telegraph has published a number of reports and opinions about China’s response to COVID-19 that are full of ignorance, prejudice and arrogance.
If a state-owned newspaper in China received this kind of complaint, subsequent days would involve journalists waking up in prison with their organs harvested.
Tracing the origin of the virus is a scientific issue that requires professional, science-based assessment.
Sure it does. How professional and science-based was the claim published on March 12 by China’s foreign ministry spokesman Zhao Lijian that “it might be US Army who brought the epidemic to Wuhan”?
The origin of the virus is still undetermined, and the World Health Organization has named the novel coronavirus “COVID-19”.
The World Health Organisation also appointed Zimbabwean murderer Robert Mugabe as its Goodwill Ambassador and declared on March 2 that the “stigma” of the coronavirus “is more dangerous than the virus itself”.
The World Health Organisation does a lot of stupid stuff.
So what is the real motive behind your attempt to repeatedly link the virus to China and even stating that the novel coronavirus was “made in China”?
Our motive is accuracy. That’s why we don’t link the virus to Bognor Regis or state that it was “made in Panama”.
The people of Wuhan made a huge effort and personal sacrifice to stop the spread of the epidemic.
Wuhan’s Dr Li Wenliang indeed made a huge effort to warn people about the coronavirus outbreak. Then, as the New York Times reported: “In early January, he was called in by both medical officials and the police, and forced to sign a statement denouncing his warning as an unfounded and illegal rumor.”
And now he’s dead, so that’s “personal sacrifice” covered as well.
Nevertheless, in order to capture attention and gain more internet hits, you called Wuhan the “Zombieland” and Wuhan seafood market the “bat market”. How low can you go?
In the civilised world, “Bradman bats and bats and bats” is a famous newspaper banner:
In Wuhan, it’s the name of a restaurant.
The effectiveness of China’s epidemic prevention and control has fully underlined the people-centred philosophy of the Communist Party of China and the strong advantages of the Chinese system.
In 2018, Amnesty International reported that China executed more citizens than the rest of the world combined.
Please tell us more about your “people-centred philosophy” and how many bullets it requires...........

Last edited:

SpaceCritter

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not to sound overly morbid, but there should be a literal explosion of deaths soon. That, or the treatments they are throwing into the field are actually working and will mitigate the final death count. I'm not sure people thought that a malaria drug might be the savior of a 'flu' epidemic. That could be a huge wild card that simply wasn't put into the mix.
There won't be. Cuz spring. People are getting out.

I'm doubting it's access to chloroquine since that simply hasn't been the case, due to "medical inertia" (we've seen several NES folks exhibit that here, which is pretty amusing especially when considering they're probably not even medical professionals) or supply problems. I'm still looking at the global map and saying this thing's retreating from the sun. Why? Dunno. Some of it could be UV (kinda doubtful), some could be people being OUT and not inside in virus-havens, could be vitamin D. Or all of the above.

And if I'm correct, as I've said before, this thing will be an ABSOLUTE NIGHTMARE in the southern hemisphere very soon.

Last edited:

jpk

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
There will be many issues to deal with for sure.

But as of now, and yes we shall see how it all shakes out, the rates of INFECTION are indeed increasing but the DEATH rate is still holding very steady at 1%

So 1 in 100 will die. Of that 1% it's something like 90+% are in their 70's, 80's and 90's with existing health issues that allowed the virus to take them down.

Of the 100 infected many of the 100 will have minor symptoms and recover quickly.

We can let the numbers speak for themselves down the road but this is how it stands to this point.
Devils in the details though right?

NY and certainly other messes are attributing ANY death to Wu Flu which is driving up the # if fatalities

On top of that they arent even testing people who show up at hospitals unless it will change course of treatment.....everyone is considered to be Wu Flu.......even if its seasonal flu/not seasonal flu(been a lot of this in 2020) ......

On the opposite end of the spectrum states are mostly/exclusively ONLY testing people who meet certain conditions.......which reduces overall pool of "official" Wu Flu positives

This in turn drives the fatality rate waaaay up.......far far above ACTUAL fatality rate

Estimates are that 5-6x the number of people in gen pop have Wu Flu and it didnt rise to level of seeking out treatment.......

Look at statements regarding Italy in last day or two

Then there's this special kind of stupid......leave it to NYPD......

Rating - 100%
19   0   0
I stopped calling it covid 19 it’s the social justice warriors at the world level that had to come up with something to call it. I saw a show how they will do this on any flu. They don’t want the stigma to be put on any country or their people will feelz bad. I go by Chinese flu or Kung Flu because that is accurate. More people are politically correct as the days go by because the main stream media won’t let it be called what it is . KUNG FLU ! The Chinese will pay, we must demand it.

SpaceCritter

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I stopped calling it covid 19 it’s the social justice warriors at the world level that had to come up with something to call it. I saw a show how they will do this on any flu. They don’t want the stigma to be put on any country or their people will feelz bad. I go by Chinese flu or Kung Flu because that is accurate. More people are politically correct as the days go by because the main stream media won’t let it be called what it is . KUNG FLU ! The Chinese will pay, we must demand it.
It's the Wuhan Virus.

That clearly identifies its origin.

I have never called it anything but.

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Sounds like they have found a cure in Australia, an anti parasite drug that is already FDA approved.

“We found that even a single dose could essentially remove all viral RNA by 48 hours and that even at 24 hours there was a really significant reduction in it.”
I know that drug. That actually freaks me the F out. If this is actually effective broad spectrum, I have to go wash off my tinfoil hat and put it back on.

Reactions: jpk

SpaceCritter

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know that drug. That actually freaks me the F out. If this is actually effective broad spectrum, I have to go wash off my tinfoil hat and put it back on.
Okay, don't leave us hanging. We've already seen an antimalarial showing promise, which is counterintuitive. Why are freaking out over this one?

jpk

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
China wanted the global mask supply for itself, so it makes sense that they told the W.H.O. to give that shitty guidance. Thing is the CDC should have known better and been honest about needing PPE for the hospitals rather than going along parroting the W.H.O.
Doesnt help when the Bush family pulls shit like this.....

Waher

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Boston Gun & Rifle and Braintree Rifle & Pistol

Looking at BNO's numbers it seems that in countries where the hospitals aren't overwhelmed the death rate is in the 1-2% range depending on the average age/health of the general population. If the hospitals are overwhelmed the death rate jumps up to 10%+. Makes sense why most western countries are in lock-down mode to try and keep the hospitals from being overwhelmed and how some of the worst case scenario models were getting into the 2+ million range for the US without any mitigation measures.

France, the UK and Netherlands are spiraling into the DOOM zone right now. Germany is too, but they are cooking their numbers to not appear as bad as they really are.

I think the EU is going to be in really bad shape after this. They are taking a much bigger beating than the US is and their economies are no where near as dynamic, nor is their population stable or young.

rkwjunior

NES Member
Rating - 100%
35   0   0
Actually its NOT a fact.....not by a long shot

Not everyone thats exposed contracts Wu Flu......you have to be exposed in a very specific manner......

Its also not pure luck.....people that take precautions (mask, hand washing, santary habits, etc) contract it at rates way below people that dont......and the people who DO contract it tend to ALMOST always people with underlying issues as well as people that are older

The same flu doesnt come around every year......its variable and it mutates.....

If "immunity" from year to year were a major/significan factor then you wouldnt see a seasonal flu/death rate in africa/other parts of the world each year that exceeded 200/100k population while death rates in the US hover around 14/100k (with variability).

If "immunity" from year to year were a major/significant factor then we wouldnt need a vaccine each and every year.....and that vaccine would be a lot more effective each year.......iirc it had a fail rate of over 40% this year because they "Guess" about which strains to include in the vaccine

Africa is a perfect refutation of your assertions about immunity from year to year in the population wrt flu......
You cant be serious?
If your exposed to Corona in the manner it can be contracted, then you will get it, either your 9yrs old or 100 yrs old. If someone coughs in the face of a 9 yr old and coughs in the face of an 80 yr old, they are both getting covid19, guaranteed. FACT.
One will be more at risk than the other, fact. The severity or death rate is based on age and based on your health, and your genetic make up. Age has ZERO to do with who contracts it. We all can contract Covid, and we all can spread it, age only plays a part once you've contracted it, if your exposed, you will contract it. Guaranteed.
Yes, there are measures to take to help prevent exposure, but that has nothing to do with what happens when youve contracted it.
If your exposed to influenza in the manner it can be contracted, you wont necessarily have symptoms, yet you can spread it. Severity is also based on health, yes, but also how much immunity you've built up being exposed to the many strains that exist. The flu mutates, there are many strains of the flu, but if you've built up immunity, your immunity may cover many of the strains. I may get symptoms when someone else won't. Its immunity.
Covid19, as far as they know hasnt mutated, which is a plus, because it's a very bad Corona virus, but still it's own strain.
The flu shot is for many strains, It may protect it may not, but it's not something that guarantees you wont get it.
Exposure is the best immunity, FACT.
Age has ZERO to do with actually contracting the virus. The odds of a 40 yr old dying of covid are much higher than with influenza, FACT.
My mom is 74 with various health issues. Corona is pretty much a death sentence for her. Influenza is not, she gets the flu shot every year and at times still gets the flu. I dont believe in flu shots myself, exposure to the population is the best immunity.
Nobody on earth has immunity to Corona, how well you fight it based your age, and your health and pure luck. Perfectly healthy people have died from covid.

Are you even serious about Africa?..lol
Africa's death rate is much higher due to basic health, we are a much healthier country, look at how they live?
We get exposed to seasonal flue every winter and more often with many strains. The climate plays a huge part in the overall scale of worldwide influenza. That's common knowledge DUH.

Nothing you've said is accurate, zero. It's like you don't even have basic knowledge of the flu and common cold.

HorizontalHunter

NES Member
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Basically the book said NEVER TO DO BUSINESS IN AND WITH CHINA. It starts off well, they will start by manufacturing your design for less than you can do it here, but all they are doing is using your design to copy, over time they will re engineer it to perfect their own design, cut you out, and sell a cheap, not as good, but close enough to work, version of it. All to sell it against the product you had originally given them to make there.
I see it time and time again. It seems to be especially prevalent in broadhead manufacturing.

Bob

Spanz

NES Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Its the BLACK SHAKES!

jpk

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
If you want to pick a fight then go somewhere else because its obvious you didnt bother to read the post you responded to let alone check your facts

jpk said:
Actually its NOT a fact.....not by a long shot

Not everyone thats exposed contracts Wu Flu......you have to be exposed in a very specific manner......

Its also not pure luck.....people that take precautions (mask, hand washing, santary habits, etc) contract it at rates way below people that dont......and the people who DO contract it tend to ALMOST always people with underlying issues as well as people that are older

The same flu doesnt come around every year......its variable and it mutates.....

If "immunity" from year to year were a major/significan factor then you wouldnt see a seasonal flu/death rate in africa/other parts of the world each year that exceeded 200/100k population while death rates in the US hover around 14/100k (with variability).

If "immunity" from year to year were a major/significant factor then we wouldnt need a vaccine each and every year.....and that vaccine would be a lot more effective each year.......iirc it had a fail rate of over 40% this year because they "Guess" about which strains to include in the vaccine

www.worldlifeexpectancy.com

INFLUENZA AND PNEUMONIA DEATH RATE BY COUNTRY
Interactive Charts and Maps that Rank Influenza and pneumonia as a Cause of Death for every country in the World.

Africa is a perfect refutation of your assertions about immunity from year to year in the population wrt flu......
You cant be serious?
If your exposed to Corona in the manner it can be contracted, then you will get it, either your 9yrs old or 100 yrs old. If someone coughs in the face of a 9 yr old and coughs in the face of an 80 yr old, they are both getting covid19, guaranteed. FACT.
One will be more at risk than the other, fact. The severity or death rate is based on age and based on your health, and your genetic make up. Age has ZERO to do with who contracts it. We all can contract Covid, and we all can spread it, age only plays a part once you've contracted it, if your exposed, you will contract it. Guaranteed.
Yes, there are measures to take to help prevent exposure, but that has nothing to do with what happens when youve contracted it.
If your exposed to influenza in the manner it can be contracted, you wont necessarily have symptoms, yet you can spread it. Severity is also based on health, yes, but also how much immunity you've built up being exposed to the many strains that exist. The flu mutates, there are many strains of the flu, but if you've built up immunity, your immunity may cover many of the strains. I may get symptoms when someone else won't. Its immunity.
Covid19, as far as they know hasnt mutated, which is a plus, because it's a very bad Corona virus, but still it's own strain.
The flu shot is for many strains, It may protect it may not, but it's not something that guarantees you wont get it.
Exposure is the best immunity, FACT.
Age has ZERO to do with actually contracting the virus. The odds of a 40 yr old dying of covid are much higher than with influenza, FACT.
My mom is 74 with various health issues. Corona is pretty much a death sentence for her. Influenza is not, she gets the flu shot every year and at times still gets the flu. I dont believe in flu shots myself, exposure to the population is the best immunity.
Nobody on earth has immunity to Corona, how well you fight it based your age, and your health and pure luck. Perfectly healthy people have died from covid.

Are you even serious about Africa?..lol
Africa's death rate is much higher due to basic health, we are a much healthier country, look at how they live?
We get exposed to seasonal flue every winter and more often with many strains. The climate plays a huge part in the overall scale of worldwide influenza. That's common knowledge DUH.

Nothing you've said is accurate, zero. It's like you don't even have basic knowledge of the flu and common cold.
If you want to pick a fight then go somewhere else because its obvious you didnt bother to read the post you responded to let alone check your facts

junior said:
Age has ZERO to do with actually contracting the virus.
ROFLMAO......immune system capability breaks down with age......well documented fact dude.....

junior said:
If your exposed to Corona in the manner it can be contracted, then you will get it,
Funny.....sounds familar.......

jpk said:
JUST LIKE THE FOOKING FLU......the virus doesnt go thru intact skin......it enters the body via mucus membrane......ie....eye's, mouth, lungs, etc....in addition......you have to be subjected to a viral load that overwhelms your immune system.......WHICH IS WHY OLD PEOPLE ARE MORE SUCCEPTIBLE

[banghead] [banghead] [banghead] [banghead] [banghead]

ASHDUMP

NES Member
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Let me see if I get this. If there was 100 new cases every day, you would want a graph that shows 0 everyday. Until one day there were 110 new cases, and that day you would want to see 10?
This is correct. Right now we are on the up. I was always curious from the beginning of this thing how many more cases were confirmed each day over the last.

Same will be on the decline.....

Don't sweat it though. I appreciate the graphs you've already put together.

headednorth

NES Member
Rating - 100%
17   0   0
Except for his periodic fits where he embraces progressive ideology that make american progressives swoon.....
Maybe, tbh I dont follow British politics at all. Just thought I recalled him being pro-Brexit and thought I heard him referred to as a Euro-Trump

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is correct. Right now we are on the up. I was always curious from the beginning of this thing how many more cases were confirmed each day over the last.

Same will be on the decline.....

Don't sweat it though. I appreciate the graphs you've already put together.
I think the largest bottleneck now is at the testing facilities, not the initial testing sites. A couple days ago, just Louisiana had something like 100k+ tests pending. So even if infection rate went to zero today, we're still going to have positives coming in for a week or so. I'd imagine New York is even further behind.

rkwjunior

NES Member
Rating - 100%
35   0   0
ROFLMAO......immune system capability breaks down with age......well documented
If your exposed in the ways it can be contracted, your getting it, you may be asymptomatic, but you will get it and can spread it. Facts. There isnt a person on earth who cant contract covid19 if they are exposed.
How you fight it after you already contracted is based on ur immune system strength alone. And that's when age comes into play, and only then is when age comes into play.
This is not the ordinary flu. Fact

SpaceCritter

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If your exposed in the ways it can be contracted, your getting it, you may be asymptomatic, but you will get it and can spread it. Facts. There isnt a person on earth who cant contract covid19 if they are exposed.
How you fight it after you already contracted is based on ur immune system strength alone. And that's when age comes into play, and only then is when age comes into play.
This is not the ordinary flu. Fact
Have we done antibody tests on all of the Diamond Princess passengers and crew, the entirety of whom surely should test positive?

Reactions: jpk
Top Bottom