Another respiratory virus from China (Coronavirus Megathread)

cmcgraw2

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its a more than a little odd that this is a supposedly new virus and every other day we're hearing about some treatment for completely unrelated ailments that are somehow promising for this particular virus which no one really seems to know much about.
I imagine that lab scientists are simply throwing everything at the virus in vitro to see if anything works.
  • Ivermectin is an inhibitor of the COVID-19 causative virus (SARS-CoV-2) in vitro.
  • A single treatment able to effect ∼5000-fold reduction in virus at 48h in cell culture.

Reactions: TLB

TLB

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I imagine that lab scientists are simply throwing everything at the virus in vitro to see if anything works.
  • Ivermectin is an inhibitor of the COVID-19 causative virus (SARS-CoV-2) in vitro.
  • A single treatment able to effect ∼5000-fold reduction in virus at 48h in cell culture.
These are in vitro tests only it appears. Still early to get excited about it.

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
It's impossible to read, or follow, this thread.

Anything useful gets buried within seconds in a pile of hundreds of posts that are sh*t.

You all need to take a day off front this thread, stop freaking out, go outside for a walk, get some fresh air. The world outside is not radioactive, you will be fine.

Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Meanwhile, behind the scenes, TPTB are still ripping off the world economy!

Report on THAT, newsf***s..in other news..funny I dont recall China doing these so called timelines that our immune betters are doing, we have an amazing government and local government, not only are they saving me from the deadly Crock of Shit Virus they can predict its movement, we are not worthy of their talents, give them a raise.

NHCraigT

NES Member
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
It's impossible to read, or follow, this thread.

Anything useful gets buried within seconds in a pile of hundreds of posts that are sh*t.

You all need to take a day off front this thread, stop freaking out, go outside for a walk, get some fresh air. The world outside is not radioactive, you will be fine.
Have another bourbon, and you'd be surprised how this quazi screwed up forum, and this completely screwed up world.... is maybe, just a little bit more tolerable...

😁😉😁

Spartan65

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Broccoli- Agreed, spent the day taking loads of brush to the local compost site and bring a load of compost back to over seed the lawn each trip. Human interaction= 0 chances of contracting the virus = minimal. Seems like life goes on.

Cowgirlup

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds like they have found a cure in Australia, an anti parasite drug that is already FDA approved.

“We found that even a single dose could essentially remove all viral RNA by 48 hours and that even at 24 hours there was a really significant reduction in it.”
Also used for chicken parasites. I have a giant container of that stuff because you can't buy a small one.

vicorjh

NES Member
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
lol. Has to be the same group that discovered the hospital named the "Corona Regional Medical Center" in Corona, CA. That's no coincidence people 😄

And, they discovered triage tents that were EMPTY (before they were even open for business). Also some amazing work finding the cordoned off seats in a hospital lobby that had signs on them saying, "not for patients" but were, omg, also EMPTY!

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We get it, it's nothing. However, contrary to your anonymous e-posters, I have 2nd hand direct information (not talking directly to my BIL, leaving him alone, talking to SIL) from an ER in the second hottest zone in the country. So, you do you. Run around like it's nothing. Chances are, by percentage, you won't die from it. No one is holding a gun to your head to come into this thread and post your self righteous crap. I'm sure there's a Glock 40 thread somewhere.

Rating - 100%
8   0   0
We get it, it's nothing. However, contrary to your anonymous e-posters, I have 2nd hand direct information (not talking directly to my BIL, leaving him alone, talking to SIL) from an ER in the second hottest zone in the country. So, you do you. Run around like it's nothing. Chances are, by percentage, you won't die from it. No one is holding a gun to your head to come into this thread and post your self righteous crap. I'm sure there's a Glock 40 thread somewhere.
I love it when I touch a nerve, whats the matter did I ruin your CNN fantasy. Sorry if Im not conforming like a good little pansy, perhaps ill do better. None the less ill continue to question everything weather you like it or not.

Rating - 100%
8   0   0
lol. Has to be the same group that discovered the hospital named the "Corona Regional Medical Center" in Corona, CA. That's no coincidence people 😄

And, they discovered triage tents that were EMPTY (before they were even open for business). Also some amazing work finding the cordoned off seats in a hospital lobby that had signs on them saying, "not for patients" but were, omg, also EMPTY!
Lets get a look at your source of which you discribe above.. Im not posting for anyone approval but ill question everything..Dont like it to bad..

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love it when I touch a nerve, whats the matter did I ruin your CNN fantasy. Sorry if Im not conforming like a good little pansy, perhaps ill do better. None the less ill continue to question everything weather you like it or not.
Glad your life is so simple that this makes you feel better.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Was that pricing for ‘used’ masks? That’s what that listing is for apparently.
What? The Amazon listing is currently only showing "used" masks because there are none in stock. The CamelCamelCamel link shows the pricing history of new masks from that Amazon link.

vicorjh

NES Member
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Lets get a look at your source of which you discribe above.. Im not posting for anyone approval but ill question everything..Dont like it to bad..
Such as, this sums up the critical thinking going on in those forums:
View: https://youtu.be/5pIMD1enwd4

You're either a) all about it or b) will find it to be comedy gold.

Last edited:

10thSFFD

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The scientific paper does not list the dosage for humans because it was not tested on humans yet.
For dogs 12 pack for 51-100lbs dog is $97.99.

What would you guess? 2 dosages for a man?

Is side effect a random barking on people?

bigpick

NES Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
wife and i are awaiting repeat PCR testing so we can resume work
courses were incredibly mild to say the least
neither of us even had a fever
part of me is doubtful our whole family had nCoV but it’s hard to argue with known exposure followed by positive PCR

I still believe prevalence is far higher than confirmed cases
possible a few orders of magnitude higher
if true, good for time-to-herd-immunity
still doesn’t change the fact that healthy young people and Hospitals are getting rocked
we are still on track to oversaturate the medical system at which point mortality jumps

in 2 weeks our hospital has 10x the number of current nCoV admissions and units are totally full

confirmed cases is a function of testing, not actual cases
most countries have tiny #’s of nCoV because they’d rather not test for it
if you don’t test for it, there can’t be a problem
not much has changed in past 100 years, same reason H1N1 got called “Spanish”
Glad to see you all are doing well.

Sauer Grapes

NES Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Sounds like they have found a cure in Australia, an anti parasite drug that is already FDA approved.

“We found that even a single dose could essentially remove all viral RNA by 48 hours and that even at 24 hours there was a really significant reduction in it.”
Ivermectin is the active ingredient in heart worm preventative meds for dogs, i.e. Heart Gard. I hope the loonies don't start chewing their dog's meds. 🤪
(Didn't read the other response to this)

Zappa

Road Warrior
NES Member
Rating - 100%
27   0   0

This is good news for guys in WA, one less thing they have to listen to women bitch about. [wink]
It's also good news for people who are making their own face masks from pads and panty liners.

Brucewillis4316

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just put this one on ignore, he's either a troll or simply a few sandwiches short of a picnic.
He’s one lemur short of a conspiracy...

• Gorillas: a band
  • Hippopotami: a bloat
  • Hyenas: a cackle
  • Jaguars: a shadow
  • Jellyfish: a smack
  • Kangaroos: a troop or mob
  • Lemurs: a conspiracy
  • Leopards: a leap
  • Lions: a pride
  • Moles: a labor
  • Monkeys: a barrel or troop

10thSFFD

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ivermectin is the active ingredient in heart worm preventative meds for dogs, i.e. Heart Gard. I hope the loonies don't start chewing their dog's meds. 🤪
(Didn't read the other response to this)
You should read the paper first. It is FDA approved for humans already.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0

This is good news for guys in WA, one less thing they have to listen to women bitch about. [wink]
It's also good news for people who are making their own face masks from pads and panty liners.
So much for the Republican 'war on women'? It's another case of Dems actually doing what they accuse Reps of.

Top Bottom