Another respiratory virus from China (Coronavirus Megathread)

Rating - 100%
17   0   0
I’ve been racking my brain for awhile now trying to come up with a plausible explanation as to why all these cell users suddenly dropped their service.
I can’t come up with one, other than they no longer exist. What about you?
Well, if the numbers I saw elsewhere are at all accurate, there's still far more telephones in-service than population. Could it be that if their economy is in the crapper, people just didn't bother to renew extra telephones?

Varmint

NES Member
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
I’m really not sure how absurd that is. China has the technology and the police state to really shut information down.

It doesn’t pass the sniff test for me at all.
More fear mongering. I was in China for work, logged into VPN and posted on NES. What about Japan? 1000 cases. Singapore 700 cases. Taiwan, 250 cases. Are they in on it too? This is ridiculous.

You're sucking on the media fear mongering machine.

you and others have a misunderstanding of China - you think it's some third world bunghole, so it should be having numbers like Iran or Italy. No, it's more like Japan, Taiwan or Singapore.

xtry51

NES Member
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
China buries crashed bullet trains like a major accident never happened.

Remember the massive port explosion a few years back that vaporized a few hundred firefighters and G-d knows how many other people? Yeah... neither does the CCP.
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7hVEtcXXipo

There's no fricken way tiny little Italy has more cases and deaths than China does with multiple 10+ million person cities, with poor hygiene, crap medicine, packed denser than anywhere in the world, with tons of pollution, at the height of a holiday travel season.
Do you remember Tiananmen Square? Yeah neither does the CCP and they make sure no one else does too.

SpaceCritter

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The reason I think China probably isn't lying is that I believe this pandemic has been super hyped, and is statistically misleading.

We hear about all the deaths in NYC, but today in the news they had doctors and nurses saying people are dying cause they don't have respirators for them. This is not a lethal virus, it's poor preparation and a crappy health care system - just like Italy and Iran. Why are there no respirators? Because we've hyped up this disease so bad, that people come in scared out of their minds and end up on a respirator once they test positive.

Last year, people would get pneumonia and stay home. I got pneumonia - I had trouble breathing at times, but I just stayed home. Today, I'd go to the hospital and end up taking up some 80 year old's respirator.

If this virus is so bad, how come Japan, Singapore, Taiwan etc have barely been touched? It's hype and poor preparation driving this virus. 80,000 people died in 2017 of flu. We've lost 1000 so far, and many due to lack of ventilators, which is our own fault.
You SURE you're not Chinese? [thinking]

As to those places: gut instinct still is telling me this thing doesn't like the sun. Or maybe it doesn't like those of us vitamin D deficient. Dunno.

hminsky

NES Life Member
NES Member
Rating - 100%
60   0   0
Be there or you’ll let the virus win.
You think that's joke, but some in Newton thought it was a great idea

I saw this at the beginning of the month outside Newton City Hall. I said "what kind of idiot
stands in a crowd for a rally against a virulently transmissible disease?". I was told that is racist.
Not racist, I would have said the same thing if there were a virus burning through Denmark or Australia, it's just common sense.

SpaceCritter

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I saw this at the beginning of the month outside Newton City Hall. I said "what kind of idiot
stands in a crowd for a rally against a virulently transmissible disease?". I was told that is racist.
Not racist, I would have said the same thing if there were a virus burning through Denmark or Australia, it's just common sense.

I would call it "retarded" but that would disparage the ACTUAL retarded who have much more sense. [thinking]

Varmint

NES Member
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
What does that have to do with anything? You're an expert on the subject because you logged into a website from China? :rolleyes:
As I said before, if people can VPN and log into any website, how locked down are they? Yeah, I couldn't log into Facebook. That's cause my company blocks it.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0

It’s Newton. A town full of brainless f***s. They would t get the joke either 🤪

Chevy 2 65

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

This world is doomed

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think there's a few possibilites.

1. They're lying.
2. They suffered badly due to SARS, so were better prepared for Covid 19, had more respirators. We know they had a protocol in place already. They responded very quickly with severe lockdowns, they took people out of their homes and put them in a hospital, reducing community spread. And they sent doctors and equipment from all over the country to Wuhan in a mass mobilization. This quelled the outbreak quickly.
3. Both are true!
As I said before, if people can VPN and log into any website, how locked down are they? Yeah, I couldn't log into Facebook. That's cause my company blocks it.
Then don't post in the thread. I was able to find videos, maybe not great sources of info, but they were out there in the beginning. Then nothing. Even the anti-CCP stuff is f'ing hard to find and you know you have to take it with a tub of salt, even if I might agree with them.

SARS was minor league contagion wise compared to how fast this spreads. It died on it's own and we didn't even do anything about it. It's spreading like fire in a refinery and we have a 1/3 of the world's population on 'lock down'. I'm not saying it's killing the majority, but the numbers may well end up huge. I'd like just the interest off the national debt, just one or two percent. My entire gene pool would never have to work again.

The CCP liquidated more people in history than almost anything else combined. They have absolute control over the main servers. Your VPN isn't going to do jack if the servers refuse to let the information through. Unless you sat linked out, but then again, that isn't a VPN, that's a sat link.

Others have stated major events that no longer exist in the PRC. You expect me to believe they couldn't hide a few people in a country that size?

Varmint

NES Member
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
There's no fricken way tiny little Italy has more cases and deaths than China does with multiple 10+ million person cities, with poor hygiene, crap medicine, packed denser than anywhere in the world, with tons of pollution, at the height of a holiday travel season.
Why do you think their health care is crap? Have you been to a Chinese hospital? And they've been on total lockdown for over a month, not Italian-style lockdown.

There's a lot about the virus which seems strange, not just China, but I think in a few months we'll get more clarity, so this speculation is just playing into the agenda of the deep state (build up another enemy to spend money fighting) and the US media (fear mongering).

Varmint

NES Member
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
You SURE you're not Chinese? [thinking]

As to those places: gut instinct still is telling me this thing doesn't like the sun. Or maybe it doesn't like those of us vitamin D deficient. Dunno.
Most US Chinese I know would not defend China, many of them hate China. Are you Chinese?

Seriously though, there's a lot that doesn't make sense til we get more info. I do believe it doesn't like the sun, like any other virus, and I also believe it's been here a year or more, masquerading as the flu.

Again, statistics and media are misleading people - NYC wasn't doing much testing til a few days ago, that's why their numbers are skyrocketing. It'll level off long before it reaches the scary numbers.

hminsky

NES Life Member
NES Member
Rating - 100%
60   0   0
I got a note from a Chinese e-bike company that I ordered from at the end of December. The bike
is completed and ready to ship. They are in the city of JinHua. They said they had been back at work since around Feb 24,
and had about a 3 week delay.

It seems pretty clear that different cities in China were hit very differently, and lockdowns with social distancing
seem to have brought things under control in a lot of places. Wuhan got screwed like NYC is about to.

Not to say they've eliminated transmission and it won't keep coming back in waves, but it seems like its possible to 'flatten the curve' and still get people back to work, no doubt with some kind of social distancing protocols in place both for home
and work. It would be helpful to find out what is actually being done over there, what is working, and how far
you can lift the lighten up and still attenuate the transmission. But the CCP made it hard to believe anything they report.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Most US Chinese I know would not defend China, many of them hate China. Are you Chinese?

Seriously though, there's a lot that doesn't make sense til we get more info. I do believe it doesn't like the sun, like any other virus, and I also believe it's been here a year or more, masquerading as the flu.

Again, statistics and media are misleading people - NYC wasn't doing much testing til a few days ago, that's why their numbers are skyrocketing. It'll level off long before it reaches the scary numbers.
Yes.

Your point about Japan and South Korea and Singapore are well taken.

They’re free states with free internet access.

They seem to have done a great job compared to us. Cultural difference? Are they just used to freak viruses out of China every year and already have protocols in place that we don’t?

Varmint

NES Member
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Then don't post in the thread. I was able to find videos, maybe not great sources of info, but they were out there in the beginning. Then nothing. Even the anti-CCP stuff is f'ing hard to find and you know you have to take it with a tub of salt, even if I might agree with them.

SARS was minor league contagion wise compared to how fast this spreads. It died on it's own and we didn't even do anything about it. It's spreading like fire in a refinery and we have a 1/3 of the world's population on 'lock down'. I'm not saying it's killing the majority, but the numbers may well end up huge. I'd like just the interest off the national debt, just one or two percent. My entire gene pool would never have to work again.

The CCP liquidated more people in history than almost anything else combined. They have absolute control over the main servers. Your VPN isn't going to do jack if the servers refuse to let the information through. Unless you sat linked out, but then again, that isn't a VPN, that's a sat link.

Others have stated major events that no longer exist in the PRC. You expect me to believe they couldn't hide a few people in a country that size?
I don't have time to keep up with 450 pages of this thread. Well, now I do, but it's buried in there.

So far the virus is tiny compared to influenza - if you look at statistics, rather than scary news stories about some teenage kid somewhere who died from it.

125 kids have died of influenza this year - imagine the news putting their faces on TV 24 hrs a day.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I don't have time to keep up with 450 pages of this thread. Well, now I do, but it's buried in there.

So far the virus is tiny compared to influenza - if you look at statistics, rather than scary news stories about some teenage kid somewhere who died from it.

125 kids have died of influenza this year - imagine the news putting their faces on TV 24 hrs a day.
263 dead Americans in the last 24 hours. Multiply that by 7, a week, you get 1841. We lose 1200 per week to influenza.

And the deaths are going to rise each day for awhile.

This is far worse than just the flu. But perhaps it won’t have the length/duration of the flu.

Already some kids have died from this. And it’s only just starting to take root.

This is far worse than the flu. I’m not sure and can’t really guess as to how much worse. But it’s worse.

Varmint

NES Member
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Yes.

Your point about Japan and South Korea and Singapore are well taken.

They’re free states with free internet access.

They seem to have done a great job compared to us. Cultural difference? Are they just used to freak viruses out of China every year and already have protocols in place that we don’t?
Yes, I think it's probably that simple - very hands-off culture vs Italy, Asians wear masks when they have a cold already, so when this hit everyone put on masks. And they listen to their governments, so a lockdown is easy and complete.

Japan shut their schools immediately - it seemed crazy at the time, but now, maybe not so much.

Varmint

NES Member
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
263 dead Americans in the last 24 hours. Multiply that by 7, a week, you get 1841. We lose 1200 per week to influenza.

And the deaths are going to rise each day for awhile.

This is far worse than just the flu. But perhaps it won’t have the length/duration of the flu.

Already some kids have died from this. And it’s only just starting to take root.

This is far worse than the flu. I’m not sure and can’t really guess as to how much worse. But it’s worse.
How many dead cause we didn't have respirators for them? From news reports it could be most of them. Flu is more spread out so it doesn't have that problem.

ProGun

NES Member
Rating - 100%
10   0   0

Ask some ER doctors in a few hot spots, and I think you'll quickly find out this is not a routine flu. I don't think you're paying attention.

Top Bottom