Another respiratory virus from China (Coronavirus Megathread)

hminsky

NES Life Member
NES Member
Rating - 100%
62   0   0

On the one hand, kudos for trying to reduce dependence on China. On the other hand, right now is absolutely not the best time
to keep tariffs on anything that is needed by the medical supply chain. How about in a couple of months when the surge in
hospitalizations is over?

10thSFFD

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

SpaceCritter

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OK, you're definitely autistic. I mean that in the best possible way, I'm a bit of a 'tard myself.
Actually, I was trying to find an AitF "Rabinowicz Rabinowicz and Rabinowicz" clip - "seven savage Jews" or "the Three Wise Men" - but I guess that's now too un-PC for YouTube.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dude, I hope you've got some sleep already. Italians were fighting in Africa before Hitler and let's not forget this:

View: https://youtu.be/8ocJoLmTKpk

View attachment 342095
Comma onna mana, youa can'ta takea aa jokea?

But they also surrendered en masse instead of fighting it out. I think the 'little guy' knew they were on the wrong side of history.

I also think they should clump the entire EU together for the basis of relevant numbers. Italy is like the greater New York/New Jersey area in population. Either way, we're in first place, unless you're playing golf.

Waher

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Boston Gun & Rifle and Braintree Rifle & Pistol
Truckers are saying “f*** the log rules, I’m hauling” and they’re getting supplies to the stores. People are stocking the shelves all night and letting old people shop first. Folks are buying meals for truckers, who (obviously) can’t go through the drive-ups. Asking ’em what they want, then buying it for them.

Carnival Cruise Line has told Trump “We can match those big Navy Hospital ships with some fully staffed cruise ships”.

GM and Ford have said “hold our cars and watch this — we can make ventilators where we were just making car parts, starting next week” — by re-engineering seat ventilators which their engineers hacked together for a new purpose. In under a week.

In a project with which I’m loosely associated, a very-effective agricultural disease-control agent was re-purposed and re-labeled specifically for Corona-virus control by the FDA and EPA in under ten days, from initial request to distribution.

Restaurants and schools have said, “we’ve got kitchens and staff; we can feed the poor kids who used have school lunch.”

NBA basketball players have said, “Hold our basketballs while we write checks to pay the arena staff.”

Construction companies are saying, “Here are some high-end masks for medical staff and doctors”.

Distilleries are making sanitizer out of distilling “heads and tails” which are normally discarded. Nasty shit to drink, but effective sanitizer.

People are tipping grocery check-out clerks and thanking them for taking the risk.

Local, state, and county governments are taking control of everything the feds cannot do. Some are doing it wrong, but for the first time in decades … they’re doing it. Federalism is re-emerging, and the smallest unit of government is the individual and the family. This, too, is re-emerging after decades of dormancy.

As Japanese Admiral Isokuru Yamamoto said, after Pearl Harbor … “I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve.”

I sense this has just happened. We have a wonderful country, the greatest single force for good in all human history. We have closed our borders, with good reason, yet we have top medical people now assisting North Korea in their response to the virus.

Many things have been re-set, and will never be the same.

By microbiological accident, we are living in profoundly transformative historical times.

-Bart Hall

Varmint

NES Member
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Ar you Chinese? Several NESrs are. If you are, and can report, great. If you are NOT, I'd like to hear from THEM.
No, but my wife talks to her coworkers in China all the time. They're back in the office and returning to normal - although they say there's news reports of a resurgence in the virus.

Admin

Staff member
Administrator
NES Member
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
No, but my wife talks to her coworkers in China all the time. They're back in the office and returning to normal - although they say there's news reports of a resurgence in the virus.
A friend of mine, former Marine officer, posted this on another forum.

People I know who work in China say bullshit.

And China is locked down hard.

One member of a household is allowed to leave the house every three days go out for food and meds.

And yes, the “workers” are going back to the factories.
Another one in that thread posted this.

We have offices in China...Company wide Townhall yesterday and the China contingent said they are still working from home

Varmint

NES Member
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Storie(s)*

It’s been reported by multiple outlets. What’s the motive to falsely report it? Keep in mind some of these outlets are very friendly towards the Chinese regime.
A lot of stories have a kernel of truth, it can totally believe people's phones would get confiscated when they go in for quarantine. The idea that millions of people got incinerated and nobody but a few websites know about it is absurd.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
you know China is not like NK or the Soviet Union, you can actually go there and see that's it's not the boogeyman. You might then notice that everyone is on social media over foreign VPNs. It's not exactly locked down. They're probably reading this thread.
Ok. Maybe you’re right.

Can you explain to me how 1.4 billion people, essentially more than 4 times, almost 5 times as many people as we have, have so few deaths? Because it sure looks like we’re gonna surpass China’s deaths in less than 2 weeks.

Something doesn’t smell right.

Waher

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Boston Gun & Rifle and Braintree Rifle & Pistol
A lot of stories have a kernel of truth, it can totally believe people's phones would get confiscated when they go in for quarantine. The idea that millions of people got incinerated and nobody but a few websites know about it is absurd.
China buries crashed bullet trains like a major accident never happened.

Remember the massive port explosion a few years back that vaporized a few hundred firefighters and G-d knows how many other people? Yeah... neither does the CCP.
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7hVEtcXXipo

There's no fricken way tiny little Italy has more cases and deaths than China does with multiple 10+ million person cities, with poor hygiene, crap medicine, packed denser than anywhere in the world, with tons of pollution, at the height of a holiday travel season.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I’m really not sure how absurd that is. China has the technology and the police state to really shut information down.

It doesn’t pass the sniff test for me at all.

Varmint

NES Member
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Ok. Maybe you’re right.

Can you explain to me how 1.4 billion people, essentially more than 4 times, almost 5 times as many people as we have, have so few deaths? Because it sure looks like we’re gonna surpass China’s deaths in less than 2 weeks.

Something doesn’t smell right.
I think there's a few possibilites.

1. They're lying.
2. They suffered badly due to SARS, so were better prepared for Covid 19, had more respirators. We know they had a protocol in place already. They responded very quickly with severe lockdowns, they took people out of their homes and put them in a hospital, reducing community spread. And they sent doctors and equipment from all over the country to Wuhan in a mass mobilization. This quelled the outbreak quickly.
3. Both are true!

cmcgraw2

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve been racking my brain for awhile now trying to come up with a plausible explanation as to why all these cell users suddenly dropped their service.

I can’t come up with one, other than they no longer exist. What about you?
The posted article speculates that all the migrants that left town during New Year's never went back.

Junior314

NES Member
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Ok let’s go down this line of thinking.

So you find it believable they would confiscate those who went into quarantine. Why would they do that?

Varmint

NES Member
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
The reason I think China probably isn't lying is that I believe this pandemic has been super hyped, and is statistically misleading.

We hear about all the deaths in NYC, but today in the news they had doctors and nurses saying people are dying cause they don't have respirators for them. This is not a lethal virus, it's poor preparation and a crappy health care system - just like Italy and Iran. Why are there no respirators? Because we've hyped up this disease so bad, that people come in scared out of their minds and end up on a respirator once they test positive.

Last year, people would get pneumonia and stay home. I got pneumonia - I had trouble breathing at times, but I just stayed home. Today, I'd go to the hospital and end up taking up some 80 year old's respirator.

If this virus is so bad, how come Japan, Singapore, Taiwan etc have barely been touched? It's hype and poor preparation driving this virus. 80,000 people died in 2017 of flu. We've lost 1000 so far, and many due to lack of ventilators, which is our own fault.

Top Bottom