Another respiratory virus from China (Coronavirus Megathread)

10thSFFD

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
you forgot the pangolin (ant eater)!
Yes I did! Thank you!

I also forgot to mention the wonderful job our well paid intelligence did in this field when Fat Kim was poisoning in front of all of us his enemies and when Putin was having fun with products from his very own labs. What the F did we do? Focus on getting Taliban from the caves to our negotiation table? Did we decide, when all of this was going on not hidden from us, that we will never need any masks, respirators and ventilators?

What the F is going on? I did not pay taxes so I can become one day a laboratory rat. I was paying taxes hoping we are ahead of these A-holes. Well, I was wrong!

Stop repeating this silly story about Chinese eating bats because if you refuse to work and if you are lazy to think on your own we will be all eating bats for years to come.

jpk

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Last I checked, Fauci still has the same job he's had since the Regan administration. He'll still be there when this is all over.
Chances are you're probably right

It doesnt hurt that Fauci has made it clear in the last 48 hrs that he's solidly on the trump train and knows who his boss is

Ultimately its almost 100% up to Fauci whether or not he continues in his current role or whether this is the end of the line under Trump

Rating - 0%
0   0   0

The nursing home situation reminds me of all the seniors who died in the nursing home that was under water during one of the hurricanes.
That poor girl never knew hardship. When it came knocking, she wasn't ready. Damn shame.

Those people died in the nursing home in NO because everyone left their posts. Cops bailed, the firefighters bailed, the nursing home didn't have a plan to deal with a flood and bailed.

I'm not saying they may not have had legit reasons to take off, it was a complete crapshoot when the levees broke. But, learn from the past, when things go ugly, they go ugly fast. This time 99% of the country isn't unaffected. No Cajun Navy coming to assist, no masses of LEO's to get deputized and go to work, this time, like the preacher in Blazing Saddles, you're on your own.

I'm writing in 10thSFFD in for President. Screw Trump.

jpk

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Early on in the thread a number of people posted links to articles that pointed to the early reports of Wu Flu seem to point back to end off Oct/Early Nov 2019

Fast forward to Jan 2020 and we all know the WHO pitched a fit over Trump's order regarding travel to US from china......

Looks like WHO has royally effed up.....

Taiwan shared their findings with WHO back in November 2019......WHO effed up and sat on their hands

This would help to explain why Taiwan has not been significantly impacted by Wu Flu........

Edit: I think we're going to need an entire thread of WHO incompetence/f*** ups related to Wu Flu alone

Sorry to quote my own WHO trainwreck post but.....

hminsky

NES Life Member
NES Member
Rating - 100%
60   0   0

Are they saying that Chinese nationals are fleeing back to China because they think they will get better medical care if they need it there? So they think the virus is better contained there than in the US. I wonder if they are getting real info through channels
besides the official CCP propaganda? Maybe friends and family are telling them it's ok ?

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Search:

Country,
Other
Total
Cases
New
Cases
Total
Deaths
New
Deaths
Total
Recovered
Active
Cases
Serious,
Critical
Tot Cases/
1M pop
Tot Deaths/
1M pop
China81,285+673,287+674,0513,9471,235562
Italy74,386+5,2107,503+6839,36257,5213,4891,230124
USA68,203+13,3471,027+24739466,7821,4522063

USA
State
Total
Cases
New
Cases
Total
Deaths
New
Deaths
Active
Cases
Source
New York32,966+6,618366+9532,492

They have 3200 ICU certified beds.

New York is about to get ugly. 20% of 32k is going to overrun their hospitals soon if not already. I think that's about 6k people who will need beds, some percentage of that 6k will be ICU. From what I'm reading, there's still people from the first cruise ship still in ICU more than a month later. These beds are not going to hot swap patients. They are there for a while.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Are they saying that Chinese nationals are fleeing back to China because they think they will get better medical care if they need it there? So they think the virus is better contained there than in the US. I wonder if they are getting real info through channels
besides the official CCP propaganda? Maybe friends and family are telling them it's ok ?
I'd like to get their names and dig DEEP into them. How many of them are 'assets' returning home. Similar to Saudi's after 9/11.

Zappa

Road Warrior
NES Member
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
That poor girl never knew hardship. When it came knocking, she wasn't ready. Damn shame.
Wow.
Beautiful girl, definitely not guilty.
But I've known a few beautiful girls that were a few cards short of a deck, and failed in spectacular fashion when it came to critical thinking in times of crisis.

[angry]

xtry51

NES Member
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
I have a customer attempting to make 20,000 ventilators for NYC in a month per the city's request. The design was created and approved in 4 days with help of a major engineering college. This customer was not a medical device manufacturer a week ago.

What does that tell you about what they expect to happen?

jpk

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Search:

Country,
Other
Total
Cases
New
Cases
Total
Deaths
New
Deaths
Total
Recovered
Active
Cases
Serious,
Critical
Tot Cases/
1M pop
Tot Deaths/
1M pop
China81,285+673,287+674,0513,9471,235562
Italy74,386+5,2107,503+6839,36257,5213,4891,230124
USA68,203+13,3471,027+24739466,7821,4522063

USA
State
Total
Cases
New
Cases
Total
Deaths
New
Deaths
Active
Cases
Source
New York32,966+6,618366+9532,492

They have 3200 ICU certified beds.

New York is about to get ugly. 20% of 32k is going to overrun their hospitals soon if not already. I think that's about 6k people who will need beds, some percentage of that 6k will be ICU. From what I'm reading, there's still people from the first cruise ship still in ICU more than a month later. These beds are not going to hot swap patients. They are there for a while.
Doesnt/Didnt have to go that way......

Ounce of prevention vs pound of cure

Get NY'ers to wear masks when out along with social distancing and the xmission rate will drop to near nada........and then hospitals arent overwhelmed

Masks are out there......especially if you're a state entity willing to buy and distribute them

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Doesnt/Didnt have to go that way......

Ounce of prevention vs pound of cure

Get NY'ers to wear masks when out along with social distancing and the xmission rate will drop to near nada........and then hospitals arent overwhelmed

Masks are out there......especially if you're a state entity willing to buy and distribute them
You say that like the average person doesn't have the IQ barely above retardation...real retardation. My run ins with New Yarkers is they think they are bullet proof. You hear them a block before you see them. You know where they are from before you talk to them.

No. It didn't/doesn't have to be this way. But look at even this forum and the 'just the flubros' bebobbing in here. People just don't get it. But they will, and it will be painful and in their face.

Zappa

Road Warrior
NES Member
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
This exact subject already has it's own thread here:

jpk

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
You say that like the average person doesn't have the IQ barely above retardation...real retardation. My run ins with New Yarkers is they think they are bullet proof. You hear them a block before you see them. You know where they are from before you talk to them.

No. It didn't/doesn't have to be this way. But look at even this forum and the 'just the flubros' bebobbing in here. People just don't get it. But they will, and it will be painful and in their face.
Generally true statement about your characterization with NY'ers........on the flip side there's a whole lot of whining/crying over nada....cuz statistically they're about the biggest hypochondriacs in the country.....true statement.....MIT actually did a study/published results

Look at how 90+% of the population panicked in the midst of a pandemic and packed nose to tail and side by side into supermarkets beginning around 3/11 or so.......you really going to try to tell me that the majority of the population isnt functionally retarded?.......its why the numbers of infected have blown thru the roof...community spread in supermarkets......

In places like NYC it would take city gov handing masks out for a couple days and threat of a 1k fine after 3 or so days.....no excuses.....you're in public with no mask you get 1k fine

Second offense you get a 5k fine, a beating and the cop tells you to lie there and bleed and think about what you did

Compliance after a week would be 100% in NY.

NYers are like Russians.....they respect force and the will/ability to dish it out

Edit....speaking of loud mouths......looks like the Kharma Fairy is working for Amazon now......

daveyburt

NES Member
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
PSA: This "Stay Home" guidance ins't happening.

I needed to check mail across town this evening (~7). More traffic than I've seen in a few days.
I live by a main road which is humming right along - for almost midnight - on a Wed. - during a 'lock down'.

More traffic now than I saw last weekend.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow.
Beautiful girl, definitely not guilty.
But I've known a few beautiful girls that were a few cards short of a deck, and failed in spectacular fashion when it came to critical thinking in times of crisis.

[angry]
I should have read the story. JFC, she was trying to be a crisis counselor, I bet she was doing counseling on her own in her sphere of influence and got overwhelmed. Not to read too much into a tragedy.

I've said it before, anyone on these front lines needs access to counseling or at least a 'pachenga' group to blow off steam.

10thSFFD

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Those people died in the nursing home in NO because everyone left their posts. Cops bailed, the firefighters bailed, the nursing home didn't have a plan to deal with a flood and bailed.

I'm not saying they may not have had legit reasons to take off, it was a complete crapshoot when the levees broke. But, learn from the past, when things go ugly, they go ugly fast. This time 99% of the country isn't unaffected. No Cajun Navy coming to assist, no masses of LEO's to get deputized and go to work, this time, like the preacher in Blazing Saddles, you're on your own.

I'm writing in 10thSFFD in for President. Screw Trump.
Thank you, but I was born in the communist country, so I can only run. I have been running all my life! :eek:

All my life I thought my enemies are ideologies, politicians, bad laws, bad constitutions. I was fighting Soviets, I could not stand them, and look at me, now in America, I volunteer in the senior home for former citizens of the Soviet Union. They were Red Army soldiers, colonels from the war in Afghanistan, survivors of gulags. Many of them did not have a life at all. Their lives were never ending struggle. I was against their homeland and now I am humbled by them. I learned from them that while you can you need to keep moving away from the hell on this Earth. This hell is created by people who have lost the moral code. It does not matter if you were born communist or Republican, if you are not working on yourself, you too can one day become just another number in hell.

What we are witnessing now is the beginning of the new era. We may still think that this is a flu which will go away, in reality the world order as we knew it collapsed. It was unprepared for hell. We have avoided thinking about hell. It is about economy, we thought. Our moral code is whatever now. We had a luxury to live our own lives and we blew it because we did not pay attention and we did not learn from our own mistakes.

When you are 15 and communists will throw you in gulag because your father had a bakery, you want to get out from that hell as fast as you can. When guards come and offer you to fight Nazis, you take that option because everything is better than gulag. You go and you fight. You get all the way to Berlin, your friends, your family, your relatives are all dead, you are alone, you want to start a new life because hell just ended. Instead of marching in the victory parade you are assigned to a gulag again. Now you are a person infected by a virus of capitalism. You need to be treated. Then, miracle happens, and Devil himself, Stalin, dies. Few years after his dead you are freed. Forever you are going to be just another ex-convict. Your future is none. You work hard on getting out this hell again and when you are finally out, you are 70 and you do not speak English. That, my friends, is what I cry about!

We do not teach this in America, because we think we do not need to know. I hope we will change that fast! It is just about time! Hard times are upon us and without moral code we will not survive as a nation, as people, or as individuals. Yes, many people will die, let's just not wait for the government to screw up again! It is about us and before you know it, you are a senior citizen, like it or not!

NHCraigT

NES Member
Rating - 100%
2   0   0

drgrant

NES Member
Rating - 100%
59   0   0
Lol... not another one of these...

"Agents attempted to arrest Wilson when he tried to pick up what he thought was a truck bomb. That’s when the shooting occurred. He was later pronounced dead. "

I'll take "FBI: Invent a Terrorist" for 1000, Alex....

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dwH1daa8NY8

Zappa

Road Warrior
NES Member
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
Top Bottom