Another respiratory virus from China (Coronavirus Megathread)

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Does this mean we get to lock down...errr uhhh...."Quarantine" the UN?

Wow....you can count on this being the Nevada Gov's last term.....might not even make it to the next election by effing with treatment options for sick/dying people.....

In other news the trump administration issues guidelines for anyone thats been in NYC or is bugging out of NYC to self quarantine for 2 weeks......

Thats not gonna happen.......folks are bugging out to second homes in Fla and NE and in almost every case they've got no food/supplies.....so the majority of these walking Wu Flu bombs are gonna be in local supermarkets
Funny. I have a standing item on my list to scan parking lot for nonlocals before going inside. Neighbor took my advice in it and went home. There were at least ten people with newyork tags filling up here as it's right off i95. Moving in a group. Two people were masked up and coughing. He showed me a cell phone shot. They were cross loading water and bags of chips.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think Trump is just hedging his bets - if it turns out this lockdown was unnecessary, he can say "look, I said we should end it early." He knows it (early end to lockdown) won't happen so it's just insurance words at this point.
I get he's an optimist, maybe it will float the stock market for a couple more days. But if the market soars the next 5 days, then he doesn't lift the shutdown, BOOM goes another trillion. I can't see anyone with pandemic experience saying 'open the doors back up'. I don't believe for a second China is 'doing fine'. Population percentage wise, we are no where near where Italy is. My BIL (ER doc) is scavenging masks anywhere he can find them for local hospitals. They are still building triage facilities. Someone is wrong, I don't know who it is, but there's pain no matter which way the next 5 days unfold. Either money or lives will be lost, I'm glad I don't make the decision.

Varmint

NES Member
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
I get he's an optimist, maybe it will float the stock market for a couple more days. But if the market soars the next 5 days, then he doesn't lift the shutdown, BOOM goes another trillion. I can't see anyone with pandemic experience saying 'open the doors back up'. I don't believe for a second China is 'doing fine'. Population percentage wise, we are no where near where Italy is. My BIL (ER doc) is scavenging masks anywhere he can find them for local hospitals. They are still building triage facilities. Someone is wrong, I don't know who it is, but there's pain no matter which way the next 5 days unfold. Either money or lives will be lost, I'm glad I don't make the decision.
like I said I think Trump has no intention of trying to open it up in 5 days, or even a few weeks. He's just putting it out there so he can mention it later.

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Welll I think the purpose is to get money out circulating to keep the economy moving. Their excuse for this is to "help people in this time of need" but really its to grease the skids. Give $ to responsible people and they will to a large extent save it. Give it to dipshits and it will be spent within a day or two. Dipshits are the target audience here not people with a brain.
I am not alone in the "one extra paycheck worth means we are good for the year" group. This stimulus may mean my IC job just turns back on too. Heck, I'd rather those developers all ha e their jobs back and get floated for a month.

napoleon1815

NES Member
Rating - 98.3%
57   1   0
Korean film. I noticed IMDB seems to give a good rating to all movies made in Asia. Dunno if that's political correctness or Chinese hackers.
Asian films - especially in the horror genre - are first rate and put most Americans films to shame. Check out Train to Buscan for a great zombie flick.

mcb

NES Member
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Funny. I have a standing item on my list to scan parking lot for nonlocals before going inside. Neighbor took my advice in it and went home. There were at least ten people with newyork tags filling up here as it's right off i95. Moving in a group. Two people were masked up and coughing. He showed me a cell phone shot. They were cross loading water and bags of chips.
Did he get off any shots?

Rating - 100%
18   0   0
I don't believe this is true Trump. I see it as more outside his element and is dealing with a lot of interior manipulation. Right or wrong no other U.S. President ever has had to deal with an issue of this magnitude in such a short time. This is not WWII or the Civil War or even the Great Depression. This is zero to sixty in two months. Lets try and cut the guy some slack...

Varmint

NES Member
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
I don't believe this is true Trump. I see it as more outside his element and is dealing with a lot of interior manipulation. Right or wrong no other U.S. President ever has had to deal with an issue of this magnitude in such a short time. This is not WWII or the Civil War or even the Great Depression. This is zero to sixty in two months. Lets try and cut the guy some slack...
what I like about Trump is he's never afraid to change his stance or policy. Politicians will stick with a bad plan or policy to avoid looking bad. He's not a politician.

it's good for him to mention the fact that the economic cost could be larger than the virus, he even mentioned suicides, which could be massive in a country of delusional snowflakes experiencing an economic depression.

McReef

NES Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
It doesn't work that way. You don't sit there and steep in it while it's working. You fire it up, get the f*** out, it does its thing (and kills the bacteria or whatever that cause the odors)

Then you air it out. Then you can safely occupy the space again. Think of it like using a bug bomb to kill fleas or something. Same idea.

-Mike
What he said.

We went over this before, don’t hook it up to your bong and you’ll be fine.

All the hype over this is sort of funny at a time when a lot of people are probably hanging out in a yellow fog of chlorine bleach fumes.

That weird burn you feel in the back of your throat when you spray tilex in the shower, splash bleach around your house like holy water to ward off the evil corona spirits, or swim in an over chlorinated pool? Yeah, that’s the same thing. Ozone isn’t some especially nefarious thing. It’s and oxidizer, just like chlorine or hydrogen peroxide. Any of those things will ruin your day in too high a concentration.

Oxidizers gonna oxidize, that’s what they do, and why we use them. Be smart when you use them, air that shit out when you’re done, and you’ll be fine.

10thSFFD

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
no. If we did Trump would be announcing it daily.
Let me try again: China announced first that this came from a snake, then from a fish, then from a bat eating person, and finally from USA. Every doctor, every scientist who started talking was epsteined or died of COVID and you want evidence? Like what? Little vial with a bunch of furballs in it?

Why should we announce anything right now? We are weak and quite incapable. We have lost, and if you do not get it, I can't help you. It will take us years to recover and we will be begging for loans from guess whom?

Our President is not an idiot.

Mountain

NES Member
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
That's not reality. You don't want to see what's really 'showing' down here. That picture, I could live with, but normally you need eye bleach.
LOL I just go straight to the forks. It's not all bad- I've seen Bourbon on a pretty good night. Sure as hell wouldn't be there with this mess and hope it doesn't get too bad in N.O. My niece had a close call- nursing student in N.O. and doing work for clinicals. Had some symptoms that 'thankfully' ended up being strep.

Boris

Son of Kalashnikov
NES Member
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
Actually no. Have you read pandemic / disaster laws? They are already covered.

what I really want to know is where they want to draw the line.

We all know that Trump would absolutely be resuscitated. So what determines the "worth" and how high up do you have to be?

If they do it, they may remember something about Sam Colt ... making people equal, ... and that's the reason they don't want you to have guns during disaster.

10thSFFD

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We are now experiencing life in the communism. We are all pretending working from home, or we just simply do not work and depend on the government instead. Government pretends that it knows what to do. Our hospitals are overwhelmed, our police has to ignore criminals, jails were emptied out, gun shops and gun clubs closed, no licenses issued. Bernie and his rabid donks should announce Mission Accomplished any day now!

Communism is a disease. It welcomes weak and beaten down. Instead of providing everyone with a protective gear we have decided to close the country down.

If tomorrow Chinese will start the invasion, we will just make sure they'll promise to us that All You Can Eat Buffets will be open in 24 hours from the time of an invasion.
We can't possibly take any suffering or discomfort. We became adult dogs waiting for adoption in our foster homes we will not be able to pay for soon.

Give me a brake!

And now this, another questionable action from the last century. China must be laughing all the way to the lab!

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Yep. No way at all. We even got to see how heavy handed ChiCom was before they tightened the noose entirely.

Yet we still have all this just a flu, China has no more cases, nothing to see here type ignorance even on this forum where suspicion and suppression are every day topics.

All I can say from the comfort of my own 100% locked down compound is “Wow! I’m sorry. Good luck with that...”
Untitled-2.jpg

seems legit

Prepper

NES Member
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
As unpleasant as it may be here, the so called lock downs here are nothing compared to what they are doing in the Philippines (where my wife's family is). Started yesterday, for the next 3 weeks, no one is allowed to even leave their house. All public transportation down. Guards/police/whatever will be watching for those walking around and will demand to see papers to show they are allowed to, which is a few people such as medical workers. You may be wondering about food if you can't leave. They will be delivering food to each household. That sounds good, but if they know an American owns the house or is supporting the household, they get no food; the house gets skipped. Yet, you can't leave to buy any.

So we found this out a few hours before the complete lock down was due to begin at midnight. And we're like oh crap, 20 people live in the house, and we also have 4 workers also living in the house because our house is still being constructed by them. It's about 80% finished with important details like doors and windows still missing! The workers can't just go home because travel is forbidden, plus I think most of them live 5+ hours away. And, there are lock downs between cities too, so no one is moving around. So, that means we have 24 people there who can't get food and won't be given food, because American. We're not rich... we're spending every cent of both our paychecks to get this thing built. We had to send an emergency Western Union to them at the last minute in the amount of $900 so they can go rush to buy 3+ weeks of food for 24 people, then they bought what they could. A month or so ago, we already had them buy a ridiculous amount of rice (500 kgs), but who wants to eat 100% rice for 3 weeks.

So, we're rather concerned about them. They're all there now in total lockdown, and the workers are actually still working with what materials we had bought in advance. No more materials can be bought for at least 3 weeks. Uh oh... I'm not sure how we can pay them until the lockdown is over because there is no way to WU money to them if no one can leave the house. They may have to wait.

Spanz

NES Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Let me try again: China announced first that this came from a snake, then from a fish, then from a bat eating person, and finally from USA. Every doctor, every scientist who started talking was epsteined or died of COVID and you want evidence? Like what? Little vial with a bunch of furballs in it?

Why should we announce anything right now? We are weak and quite incapable. We have lost, and if you do not get it, I can't help you. It will take us years to recover and we will be begging for loans from guess whom?

Our President is not an idiot.
you forgot the pangolin (ant eater)!

10thSFFD

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
'seems legit' is a common sarcastic remark
Sorry, another lost in the translation senior moment.

I am pi44ed today. America, country of my dreams, became a communist country almost overnight. Let's give masses few pennies, so masses can go and have some drinks and smokes or sniffs. Let's tell business owners that they can take LOANS but they need to shut down while we keep searching for more of everything. WTF? What do you expect from such a mess? Recovery?

We have learned nothing from our ancestors. We have learned nothing from our enemies. We can only repeat what everybody else does: Sit on the f-ing couch and watch excuses on tv like a Groundhog Day.
===========================================================================
Quoth the Raven

Congratulations to every single person that took on that second or third job last year to earn more than $99,000 and then lost those jobs due to coronavirus. You'll be getting $0 from the government as your reward for working so hard last year.
---------------------------

What pi44es me even more that none of you "gotimers" realized that we have reached the full blown communism. Such communism was not even achieved by Albania!

Our kids will be paid by individual sheets of TP for decades to come because we have decided that it is too hard for us to even try!

View: https://twitter.com/i/status/1242900333560463364

Last edited:

Reptile

NES Member
Rating - 100%
98   0   0

The nursing home situation reminds me of all the seniors who died in the nursing home that was under water during one of the hurricanes.

Top Bottom