Another respiratory virus from China (Coronavirus Megathread)

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They are lucky a goon squad didn't throw the entire family into a mobile 'medical waste' incinerator.
That's the one thing that made me hesitant to post it. Are they REALLY standing up to CCP admins like that? That twitter feed is filled with all kinds of odd stuff. Could be the anti-gov movement making stuff up as well. But hey, it's all about getting them likes? Right?

Tinkermatic

NES Member
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
What the eff did he just say? “We do more testing in 8 days than they do in 8 weeks.” What?!? Why say such factually false things?? I don’t, I just can’t... Freaking protocol around here has been reported to be “don’t test unless it will alter treatment and outcome” correct?? I’m pretty sure I read that in this thread. I’m done with the whole situation. I’m out of work now and trying to stay positive, but it’s getting difficult.

Varmint

NES Member
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Well, duh, they made the thing there in Wuhan, so surely once the Party's wisdom said to do so (the dirty dog capitalists have learned their lesson), they released The Antidote!!1!

[thinking]
western scientists have already studied the virus and said very unlikely it is man-made. And doctors in Italy reported it's been around since November.

TLB

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
What the eff did he just say? “We do more testing in 8 days than they do in 8 weeks.” What?!? Why say such factually false things?? I don’t, I just can’t... Freaking protocol around here has been reported to be “don’t test unless it will alter treatment and outcome” correct?? I’m pretty sure I read that in this thread. I’m done with the whole situation. I’m out of work now and trying to stay positive, but it’s getting difficult.
I'd rather they didn't make any comparisons like this, but here is a pretty good explanation:

Atlantis

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
western scientists have already studied the virus and said very unlikely it is man-made. And doctors in Italy reported it's been around since November.
I don't deal in tin foil often, but I want to be clear on this point, it is possible that the virus originated in nature, and was also tweaked by mankind.

I don't know of a single credible analyst suggesting that this virus was completely man made. The fact that it is NOT is a strawman. It is a coronavirus originating from the resivoir of bat borne coronavirii. There is no "west sceince" indicating that it was not subsequently harvested from nature, modified, and now exists in its current form.

SpaceCritter

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Never mind my humor, I'm not buying that. This thing WAS the "art" of the Wuhan lab. Probably not released intentionally, but that's hardly the point now.

TLB

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Watching Joe Rogan #1439 with Michael Osterholm is a real eye opener and should dissuade most from thinking this was man-made. Plus there is some pretty scary talk about changes in prions that cause CWS in deer.

Varmint

NES Member
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
I don't deal in tin foil often, but I want to be clear on this point, it is possible that the virus originated in nature, and was also tweaked by mankind.

I don't know of a single credible analyst suggesting that this virus was completely man made. The fact that it is NOT is a strawman. It is a coronavirus originating from the resivoir of bat borne coronavirii. There is no "west sceince" indicating that it was not subsequently harvested from nature, modified, and now exists in its current form.
I'll look for the article I read but it said you wouldn't start with a harmless virus if you intended to modify it as a weapon. The virus is constantly mutating without our help.
I like a good conspiracy theory but this one just makes no sense and there's zero evidence supporting it.
Much more plausible is the virus was being studied in the Wuhan lab and escaped.

SpaceCritter

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Much more plausible is the virus was being studied in the Wuhan lab and escaped.
Of course. But as part of the study, they could have been - and probably were - playing with it a bit.

Bigger tell was the behavior of the Chinkcoms when news was it got loose... and they found out exactly what it was they were playing with.

mcb

NES Member
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Looking at the JHU site ... seems like many of the top ten countries on the leader board had peak new cases around 3/21-3/22 and now all off that peak... but last few days of data are not plotting for me ... all while the negotiations underway for a 2 trillion stimulus for the worlds favorite economy...

[tinfoil]

Atlantis

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll look for the article I read but it said you wouldn't start with a harmless virus if you intended to modify it as a weapon. The virus is constantly mutating without our help.
I like a good conspiracy theory but this one just makes no sense and there's zero evidence supporting it.
Yeah that scenario is totally possible.

So is this one.

I would also point out that you are on one hand saying "this virus is harmful and dangerous and came from nature" while also saying "you would not have used natural virus as a starting point because its harmless". They can't both be true. The harvesting of virii from natural reservoirs is a pretty logical place to start if you are looking for a weapon. Let nature do your work for you. Then mold it to fit your specific need.

Anyways, that's enough tin foil for me for one day, just pointing out that "natural origin" does not preclude "modified in a lab"

Zappa

Road Warrior
NES Member
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
Rogan is two weeks younger than my little brother, they were friends in high school (Newton South class of 85'), and he's been to the house we used to live in. I've met him myself a few times and I thought he was a douche back then. My opinion hasn't since changed.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
My wife works for a call center that does app. scheduling for Dr. appts in NYC area hospitals and Dr. offices. She has been working from home for a few days now, I've been listening to some of the calls and I haven't heard this anywhere on the news but I don't listen to everything, but my wife and the rest of the call center have been instructed to tell callers that New York is no longer testing for the virus (unless you are already hospitalized and critical). Has this been reported anywhere?

Varmint

NES Member
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Of course. But as part of the study, they could have been - and probably were - playing with it a bit.

Bigger tell was the behavior of the Chinkcoms when news was it got loose... and they found out exactly what it was they were playing with.
I find this discussion pointless, we already know China (and the US) both develop bio weapons, and we have no credible evidence or Trump would jump on it, it would be a huge coup.

so discussing a possibility with no evidence is pointless.

Varmint

NES Member
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Are you willing to put up with what China did to 'make that happen' then? Welding doors shut. Not leaving your house at all for a month?
that's not my point. My point is the virus probably isn't any more dangerous than the flu. You could save hundreds of thousands of lives quarantining the country every flu season. It's not worth the economic cost.

Tinkermatic

NES Member
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Reactions: TLB
Top Bottom