Another respiratory virus from China (Coronavirus Megathread)

10thSFFD

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They (Kaiser, the institutions, and the government) f'ed up. No stockpile or contingency. Instead of honestly discussing the situation; blame, shame, and threaten everyone instead of themselves.
Could this be possibly connected to what I have posted here recently that Europe is reporting that respirators on already infected people do not protect healthy populations while surgical mask do?

10thSFFD

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Trust no commies! Including our own!

The Doctors’ Alliance, an independent trade union of medical workers, has openly accused the government of lying to the public about the figures.

The skepticism has been further deepened by the two fatalities that involved people exposed to the coronavirus yet whose deaths have been classified otherwise.

On March 19, Moscow’s task force coordinating the coronavirus response announced that a 79-year-old woman who had tested positive for COVID-19 died at a Moscow infectious disease hospital. The woman, who had been hospitalized a week earlier, had diabetes and other health problems and was later transferred to an infectious disease unit, where she later died.

Doctors attributed her death to the coronavirus, but authorities later attributed it to a blood clot. They also did not say how she contracted the virus in the first place.

Prepper

NES Member
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
I know nothing about this stuff, but that would seem to be a pretty fast and loose assumption to make. A person receiving this treatment is potentially going to be in a highly compromised state. Logic would seem to say if something was going to go wrong, being on death’s door would certainly help it along.

Again, I have no place speaking about whether or not this would be a good treatment, I just see some flawed logic there.

Having personally been on the receiving end of poor calls for medications when I was sick, I can vouch for the fact that normally tame medications, given under the wrong circumstances, can have very unpleasant effects.
If they really are in such bad shape that they can't survive chloroquine, then they are even less likely to survive the virus. I grow tired of this fear mongering designed to convince people on deaths door that chloroquine is too risky for them.

headednorth

NES Member
Rating - 100%
17   0   0
Unbelieveable. I'd let them fire me. Or just quit and find another job.

This is a s stupid as something I just read where Trader Joe's doesn't want their employees wearing gloves because they want things to appear normal.
A co-worker of mine was in a McDonalds, maybe a week and a half ago. Cashier has no gloves which my buddy points out and asks why. Kid says manager wont let them wear gloves because it might make the customers nervous. Kid says "why, should I be wearing them?". Buddy says hell yeah and kid goes and talks to manger who says "sure go put on some gloves if you want". [rolleyes]

10thSFFD

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unbelieveable. I'd let them fire me. Or just quit and find another job.

This is a s stupid as something I just read where Trader Joe's doesn't want their employees wearing gloves because they want things to appear normal.
Home Depot leaves it up to employees. As I reported already, I did not see an employee in Home Depot, Salem, NH, wearing mask this past Sunday.
I was told that Home Depot offers protection for every employee but employee can refuse it.

In CVS stores you may see pharmacists wearing masks but employees are wearing only gloves. You would expect that infected people will frequent CVS.

10thSFFD

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A co-worker of mine was in a McDonalds, maybe a week and a half ago. Cashier has no gloves which my buddy points out and asks why. Kid says manager wont let them wear gloves because it might make the customers nervous. Kid says "why, should I be wearing them?". Buddy says hell yeah and kid goes and talks to manger who says "sure go put on some gloves if you want". [rolleyes]
After COVID expect tsunami of ambulance chasers overwhelming our already overwhelmed legal system.

10thSFFD

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

In an interview with the German business daily Handelsblatt at Davos 2017, Bill Gates warned of the threat of a pandemic: "It will most probably be a pathogen that we have never seen before. Our biggest fear is an influenza virus that quickly mutates into other forms, spreads rapidly and can be deadly."

mcb

NES Member
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Public distrust of the government and managers of the healthcare system has to be approaching a perfect score of 100%.

Us: there are no masks available
Them: nobody need masks anyways, but if you did hoard masks, donate them to someone who needs them

Us: test me
Them: we can’t, you prob don’t have it. Just pretend you have it. It’s deadly, Don’t panic. Stop the economy. Wash your hands. Here’s a $1000 digibucks, go help the businesses we closed

10thSFFD

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Business opportunity:

The Gerber PPE Task Force is helping manufacturers switch to production of masks & other personal protective equipment.

10thSFFD

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Public distrust of the government and managers of the healthcare system has to be approaching a perfect score of 100%.

Us: there are no masks available
Them: nobody need masks anyways, but if you did hoard masks, donate them to someone who needs them

Us: test me
Them: we can’t, you prob don’t have it. Just pretend you have it. It’s deadly, Don’t panic. Stop the economy. Wash your hands. Here’s a $1000 digibucks, go help the businesses we closed
Where did we see that already? Wait, right here:

The pharmacies are sold out of everything: They have no face masks, no gloves and no alcohol for disinfection. Ambulance sirens can be heard all day long. Three of the five family doctors in town have been infected by coronavirus themselves, which is why military doctors have arrived to help. The church publishes the names of the dead each day on its Facebook page.

In families, it often goes like this: Someone gets sick, a family member calls the Red Cross and the patient is then picked up by ambulance. The family members often don't know to which hospital their mother or father has been taken. Then, at some point, they receive a call with news that their loved one has died and are told that the sealed casket will be delivered to this or that morgue. Or they are told where the victim has already been buried. People can't even see their mother or father after they have died. They just disappear. It is terrible. In response, we have set up a telephone hotline in the bishopric where 70 priests, nuns, laypeople and psychologists can offer sympathy and support.

At the cemeteries, our priests can only bless the coffins at the graveside and briefly pray with family members -- if any are there at all. When somebody dies of coronavirus, it is frequently the case that the entire family is quarantined. In those instances, no family members are able to attend the burial.
-----------
The catastrophe simply won't stop. My mother has had a high fever for a week, and now she has developed additional symptoms, like a strong cough and breathing difficulties. We called the outpatient corona emergency hotline, but the doctors told my mother that she had to stay home in bed because there wasn't a bed available for her in the hospital. They gave her an oxygen concentrator and some pills and told her that she needed to remain completely isolated from the family.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Sergey Shoygu, Minister of Defense of the Russian Federation, being tested after his visit in Syria:

View: https://twitter.com/i/status/1242325851032690688
When I got tested for the flu last year I swear the swab was so far up my nose it scrambled my brain. I said I would never do it again!!! When I heard trump speak about it I got the impression it was the same test. This looks like they are barely in the nose when they swab. Maybe false negatives?

headednorth

NES Member
Rating - 100%
17   0   0
When I got tested for the flu last year I swear the swab was so far up my nose it scrambled my brain. I said I would never do it again!!! When I heard trump speak about it I got the impression it was the same test. This looks like they are barely in the nose when they swab. Maybe false negatives?
The other day Pence made mention of when they tested him. Said it went "quite a ways up into" his sinuses or something to that effect.

10thSFFD

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll provide an update in two weeks or so.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What's worse than taking medical advice from the President? A McDonalds manager.

Wut? How can this possibly be a thing?

10thSFFD

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Several hundred people took part in the procession held in Vardavard, west of the Iranian capital, on March 24 for former IRGC Rasulollah division chief Hossein Asadollahi, according to photos published by Iranian media.

The photos highlight a clear breach of health-safety measures being preached by Iranian authorities in the fight against the coronavirus, which had officially killed 1,934 Iranians as of March 24.

Many of the mourners were seen wearing face masks but they were standing very close to each other while holding the casket of Asadollahi.

Iranian media reported he died from an "illness" caused by his exposure to chemical weapons used by Iraqi dictator Saddam Hussein during the Iran-Iraq War of 1980-88.

Believed to be in his 60s, Asadollahi was reportedly involved in the fight against "Takfiri terrorists," meaning he played a role in Iran's efforts in Syria.

There are an estimated 100,000 such injured veterans from that conflict and many are extremely vulnerable to the coronavirus because they suffer from respiratory diseases or lung injuries.

Estimates of the number of Iranian who have died from the pandemic are much higher than the 1,934 deaths and 24,811 cases of infection thus far reported by the Health Ministry.

Authorities have also been blamed for the intensity of the outbreak due to their initial slow response and failure to quarantine the city of Qom, where the first two deaths from COVID-19 were reported on February 19 and from where the virus is thought to have spread throughout Iran.

Atlantis

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What's worse than taking medical advice from the President? A McDonalds manager.

Wut? How can this possibly be a thing?
This is the scotch talking I'm sure, but mark my words, if this keeps up and gets as bad as we fear, that tree of liberty may get watered. You got bureaucrats telling people they can't have medicine and you've got TN and NJ shutting down background checks effectively shuttering the 2nd amendment. Fed says our time/money is worth whatever they say it is? How long can this paradigm last before someone says ENOUGH.

Reptile

NES Member
Rating - 100%
98   0   0
Nurses not allowed to wear masks???

Then how will I be protected if one of them is sick who is treating me???

If masks prevent sick people from spreading coronavirus - but may not prevent people wearing them from getting the virus - NOBODY WOULD GET SICK!!!

I hope those nurses sue the hospital. The hospital must be broke already though if they have no masks.

Top Bottom