Another respiratory virus from China (Coronavirus Megathread)

Jason Flare

NES Member
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
That having them in your lap thing only works up to a point though. When my son was younger (like before he could walk) - I could hold him in my lap when I was working from home and he'd actually do ok. I'd put up something that moved on one computer monitor - while I used the other one to do what I had to do.

Now that he's older - and semi-talking - it would just be impossible, he'd be pulling the headphones off my head, throw the cordless mouse on the floor - and if I put him down in the room he'd go around the back of my computer and probably pull all the cables out. He already gets into the AV setup I have on the TV and changes the channels on the receiver, shuts off the powered subwoofer or changes all the dial settings around - etc.
Maybe try watching The Dog Whisperer.

calsdad

NES Member
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
a lot of people think that way. They have no idea what sacrifices were made to save for it, how long it took to save for it.

They walk around with $900 smartphones and LV handbags, have a 50+ inch flat screen and bitch that they're broke.

I agree with you - except for one thing: I wouldn't call what those people you describe are doing as "thinking".

Reactions: jpk

Jason Flare

NES Member
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Already there. We pull up the "Too Cute" show and some show about zoos on Animal Planet when we'd like him to sit and relax for 15 minutes or so. That's about as long as it lasts.
That wasn’t the point.

My kids needed a leader.

We brought them everywhere; the bank; lawyers offices; real estate closings.

They knew when it was necessary to be seen and not heard.

The rest of the time they could be kids.

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
A lot should change after this blows through. I'd go for no foreign nationals, no green cards, no Visa's. If you exit, you may not be allowed back in, or be sent to, or land at a 20 day, poke prod and test, isolation center. If you need to do business out of the US, or even in the US, then teleconference. 90%+ of the travel I did was total BS. If visitors do come in, then secure exchange zones need to be setup, or use that craigslist prison for sale location. We paid for all of these, time to re-purpose them as a result of this biological weapon attack. These sh*theads, and dimtwits, are not our friends!

haha you and me both are in SE MA and i'm a green card holder i contribute more then 70 % of the pathetic clowns in this general area + paying more taxes
I've been warning everyone on my calls not to be concerned if they hear kids in the background. We live on a small farm and have goats. It's kidding season, and we bring the new kids inside for the first 2-3 weeks. They can get vocal around feeding time (sort like this)
View: https://youtu.be/cVQUaecTlpU
bro mine is months old still sleeps in my bed, his name is baba sheep

Spanz

NES Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Yes, they did a test for flu first which came back neg in about an hour or two. At this point, I need to self quarantine until I get results..I don't think I have this, but I seem to have the fever and some symptoms. I got the tune M-m-m My Conona!
Stuck in my head
ha ha...

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Trump trying to push checks out to all Americans..."significant" amounts.

I dont' want it....just going to be a tax burden next year. Says "millionaires won't get it".

Interested to see how this plays out in Congress. I think the Dems are going to go against anything Trump tries to do, they're rooting for him to fail on this.
I'm curious too. If the Dems shut this down, Trump will parade this and court every low income voter in the country between now and November.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Dr. Paul Stoffels, chief scientific officer at J&J, on CNBC right now. He thinks a vaccine would be available (millions of shots) in early next year. They are doing animal "challenge" testing right now, and intend to do human trials by the end of summer. Everything, so far, is "on schedule".

So some good news.

He was not sure, but thought that normally if you get the virus once, you are immune in the future....so can not get re-infected

He also said there are possible drugs already in clinical tests that might be effective against coronavirus too....and that would speed up the whole process immensely.
The problem with the wait it out for the vaccine approach is most fail...

calsdad

NES Member
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
That wasn’t the point.

My kids needed a leader.

We brought them everywhere; the bank; lawyers offices; real estate closings.

They knew when it was necessary to be seen and not heard.

The rest of the time they could be kids.
Yeah, ok - I guess I get your point. Maybe I'm not a baby whisperer - and I haven't been around a ton of kids in my life - but in general we've been told he's well behaved and in general is not a kid with behavioral problems.

He does go out with us quite a bit , but obviously won't be going out now. I bring him with me when I make HD runs, when I visit friends, when we go to restaurants - etc. Maybe he's more out of control or something than your kids - but he's 16 months old - and it's pretty hard to get him to just sit and be quiet like I could with an adult or even a slightly older kid. Right now - he doesn't even comprehend getting yelled at or punishment in general. If I yell at him for something - he just laughs at me and thinks it's some sort of game. I don't have a lot of experience with kids - but in general I think he's pretty well behaved, he'll hold my hand when I ask him to, will eat in restaurants without throwing a fit, puts his jacket and hat on when it's time to go out, understands when I tell him to stay put while I do something .... stuff like that. But there's no way in hell he's going to sit still for more than maybe 10 minutes at best while I work. I think the biggest problem is that he's actually very outgoing - and likes to be around a bunch of people. He gets along really good with the other kids at his daycare - and I'm usually surprised when I pick him up or drop him off that all the other moms in the place seem to know who he is.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
China's been pushing a false narrative that the US army brought the virus into China....and has also been saying the US owes China an apology and the rest of the world owes them a "thank you" because of China's efforts to slow the spread....lol

So Trump starts tweeting calling it the Chinese Virus. [laugh]

Gotta love this guy.

edmorseiii

Navy Veteran
NES Member
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
China's been pushing a false narrative that the US army brought the virus into China....and has also been saying the US owes China an apology and the rest of the world owes them a "thank you" because of China's efforts to slow the spread....lol

So Trump starts tweeting calling it the Chinese Virus. [laugh]

Gotta love this guy.
There are days I want to hate the guy but I can't. Worst case, he is entertaining. Best case, he is the best person for the job. I am honestly not sure of anyone I would rather at the helm for this shit show.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
5702 cases according to COVID19.info.

every source has a different number it seems.
Johns Hopkins has 5,702 and Wordometers has 5,723. I'd go with these numbers over a dead network news infographic any day.

jpk

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
5702 cases according to COVID19.info.

every source has a different number it seems.
Wordometers tends to be fastest to update
JH site is several hours behind them but shows state by state numbers

Currently NY alone is showing 1700 cases.........out of 5723 for the whole country

NY, Cali and Wa account for about half of all positives in the country.....NY now has as many cases as Wa and Cali combined.......

Anyone else want to bet that people are escaping ny actively who are pos and this will reflect in bordering states in upcoming weeks?

Cuomo is stating that its gonna take 45 days for NY numbers to peak

Spartan65

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hearing word that we are going to see a shelter in place order tonight. National by Thursday. Would be nice to just find out what the plan is here...

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
There are days I want to hate the guy but I can't. Worst case, he is entertaining. Best case, he is the best person for the job. I am honestly not sure of anyone I would rather at the helm for this shit show.
i have a love/hate relationship with him...Mostly like his policies, but in general his speeches and twitter are a national embarrassment.

We have the tests, and they're beautiful...

This virus, is under control, incredible virus, tremendous control

He sounds like a f***ing retard every time he opens his mouth. But I love it when he trolls the shit out of his enemies.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
If they put a national shelter in place order in, I'm still going out to ride my motorcycle all weekend. If I get pulled over I'll just take my helmet off and start hacking without covering my mouth.

I think Italy's shelter in place allowed people to leave for food and shit....Seems pretty unenforceable in a country of our size without going full retard martial law.

Varmint

NES Member
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Trump trying to push checks out to all Americans..."significant" amounts.

I dont' want it....just going to be a tax burden next year. Says "millionaires won't get it".

Interested to see how this plays out in Congress. I think the Dems are going to go against anything Trump tries to do, they're rooting for him to fail on this.
The US stopped using taxes to pay our budget years ago. The Fed will buy it all. We'll pay for it in the lost purchasing power of our dollars.

Picton

NES Member
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Yeah, ok - I guess I get your point. Maybe I'm not a baby whisperer - and I haven't been around a ton of kids in my life - but in general we've been told he's well behaved and in general is not a kid with behavioral problems.

He does go out with us quite a bit , but obviously won't be going out now. I bring him with me when I make HD runs, when I visit friends, when we go to restaurants - etc. Maybe he's more out of control or something than your kids - but he's 16 months old - and it's pretty hard to get him to just sit and be quiet like I could with an adult or even a slightly older kid. Right now - he doesn't even comprehend getting yelled at or punishment in general. If I yell at him for something - he just laughs at me and thinks it's some sort of game. I don't have a lot of experience with kids - but in general I think he's pretty well behaved, he'll hold my hand when I ask him to, will eat in restaurants without throwing a fit, puts his jacket and hat on when it's time to go out, understands when I tell him to stay put while I do something .... stuff like that. But there's no way in hell he's going to sit still for more than maybe 10 minutes at best while I work. I think the biggest problem is that he's actually very outgoing - and likes to be around a bunch of people. He gets along really good with the other kids at his daycare - and I'm usually surprised when I pick him up or drop him off that all the other moms in the place seem to know who he is.
Just park him in front of the TV. This does two things:

1. It gives you peace to work.
2. It gives you something to remove from him when he acts up.

Seriously, at 16 months he can understand punishment. I don’t yell, but I certainly punish, and my kids know when I mean business.

Rip off the band-aid. Lance the boil. He’s gotta learn sometime, and since your employment and your family’s income relies on him calming down, I’d say it’s time to calm him down.

I say this as a parent of an autistic ADHDer. Just gotta find what he likes and give it to him while you’re working. Good luck.

Top Bottom