Another respiratory virus from China (Coronavirus Megathread)

Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Gentlemen, please. We need to fight the virus not each other
I was going to post something along this line but you alluded to my feelings as well.

There is quite a lack of decorum and respect concerning the circumstances we are in. A lack of love as well. It’s been said before, “The love of the many has grown cold.”

Let’s unite rather than infight about this and I hope we’ll extend neighborly love to as many as we can now and more so if things get worse. On this forum we have many things in common: love for country, love for family, love for God (no so many but that’s ok), love for guns, love for freedom, love for our fellow man.
So I should ban you again for trolling?
No no... Dench has joined the fold. Welcome and please spread your knowledge. I am feeling it for real this time...

PappyM3

NES Member
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Im surprised subsaharan africa hasnt exploded yet...tho they prob have very limited anility to test
I’ve been trying to sort that one out for a while. It’s either an inability to test, or the virus doesn’t handle their climate/summer very well. It has to be one of those two because there’s no way Chinese businessmen, engineers, and “diplomats” didn’t bring it over all across sub Saharan Africa. There is far too many Chinese infrastructure projects and natural resource exploitation.. er, extraction companies throughout region.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
The Yankee stadium example was wild.
What was this?

So my sons and DIL all share a house together. On Thu last week, older son started feeling sick, when checked in on Sat, full blown fever and cough. Mostly better today, still some cough. DIL on her way, other son not doing so well yet. Will say old

All had flu shots.

One is convinced they had corona virus and believes they beat it. I am not sure, it seems way to quick to get rid of it it was pretty much 5 or 6 days. It seems even mild cases are pretty bad?

Is there an anti body test to see if you have had it? I don't want them walking around thinking they are immune when in fact they really just had the regular flu?
I'd be more concerned with them still being contagious!!!!!!!

I’ve been trying to sort that one out for a while. It’s either an inability to test, or the virus doesn’t handle their climate/summer very well. It has to be one of those two because there’s no way Chinese businessmen, engineers, and “diplomats” didn’t bring it over all across sub Saharan Africa. There is far too many Chinese infrastructure projects and natural resource exploitation.. er, extraction companies throughout region.
It could just be a lack of communications there. They probably don't have much Internet or cell service.

Rating - 100%
39   0   0
Im a little dumb founded by the China numbers, the rest of the world is blowing up and China stopped at 80K 10 days ago?
Xi Jinping showed his ugly face in Wuhan the day before. Even his reputation and power had been under great challenge due to internal power struggle and he needed a little photo’op and show of force, no way he put himself in harms way if the outbreak is at least contained for the most part.

10thSFFD

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
View: https://youtu.be/myOw_iEAu5c

calsdad

NES Member
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
Let’s not forget all the money that is spent on disaster preparedness! WTF were they buying? Is there a warehouse somewhere filled with billions of dollars of neosporin and fingertip bandaids? We all of course know they have spent mountains of cash paying people to sit around and talk about what we need, must have blown the budget on that...
Don't you remember the stories from a few years back ? They stocked up on millions of rounds of ammo.

10thSFFD

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

mibro

NES Member
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I had pneumonia when I was in college. I still have scarring in one lung from it. So yeah, Dr. jpk, I will be taking your medical advice ... not.
Yeah, I had aspiration pneumonia when I was 17. Most painful experience of my life, so painful I tried very hard not to breathe at all. Every breath felt like a knife through my lung and I could only find one comfortable position. I remember sitting up all night, in the dark, measuring time one agonizing shallow breath at a time. Longest nights of my life.

mibro

NES Member
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Im a little dumb founded by the China numbers, the rest of the world is blowing up and China stopped at 80K 10 days ago?
"You stop coronavirus or you die!"......CCP General Secretary Xi Jinping to Party Secretaries

I am 100% certain the epidemic in China has been stopped...on paper.

cmcgraw2

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ha! Forgot about that one....
I bet his current optimism is tempered by his higher risk - he'll get the best care though so it will be interesting to watch.

Hanks was diagnosed with Type 2 diabetes in 2013. At the time, he said his fluctuating weight because of roles such as Castaway and Philadelphia could be related to his diagnosis.

Canndo

NES Member
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
My son, who is home from college, just informs me that his friends dad, where he just came from visiting tonight, had dinner with a Coronavirus victim, two weeks ago. Wtf!
After I screamed at him and sprayed the whole house with Lysol, I told him to jump in the shower. He hasn’t been down since. [laugh]

Last edited:
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
NBA season, Coachella, Burning Man, Live Concerts, Oh my!

Futures market already down 900 points.

This is gonna go full retard tomorrow morning.

Globalism is a cancer. As much as it may bring pain to many it is very important for the future of the US to be both safe and secure. Make sure your ammo stores are well stocked.
The market is going to go retard tomorrow for good reason and it's because the biggest countries in Europe are going to get whacked hard by COVID with extremely high death rates due to lack of ventilators for the severe cases that require hospitalization if it's not contained. It's spreading fast in Spain, France, Germany, and other EU nations, fast enough that lockdowns must be implemented in the next few weeks or by the end of May millions of people will be infected.

Once the big GDP nations of the EU go on a 4 week lockdown, that further cripples the world economy.

I think Trump has been told this and realizes now that we're in a real shit pickle.

drgrant

NES Member
Rating - 100%
59   0   0
Im surprised subsaharan africa hasnt exploded yet...tho they prob have very limited anility to test
I'm not. Contrary to popular belief I think shithole nations have a built in buffer to this stuff. Not that they're more resistant, it's just that the travel rates in and out of those places aren't exactly stupidly high. Less people less exposure. Same thing with the bums, etc. Sure once the bums get it, it might take off like a rocket, but how many people that can afford plane tickets are hanging out with people under bridges doing heroin? The vectors for a disease from china to get to a bum camp are pretty convoluted. Antarctica might see a coronavirus infection before some mega shitholes in Africa... because literally... "nobody goes there". Now that world travel is mostly shuttered, if they're not already hit they might dodge most of it.

Not saying impossible... just it's difficult.

drgrant

NES Member
Rating - 100%
59   0   0
The fact that ChiCom was so quick to blame it on the former tells me it was most likely the latter. It is simple math really...
The fun thing is they blame the wet market yet, no ban on that shit nationally. The rumor is that the $$$$ types actually buy shit from those f***ing places, and there's a lobby within the commies to keep them open.....

Zappa

Road Warrior
NES Member
Rating - 100%
27   0   0

JayMcB

NES Member
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
I don't understand how anyone is conflating politics and this pandemic. Talk about derangement syndrome - the left is inside your heads, same as Trump is in theirs. This is not a political event no matter how hard the media and the deniers try to make it into one.
did you not see drunk Nan and Suck Chumer whining about needing everything on their commie hit list funded for the duration?

calsdad

NES Member
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
Meh....I'll just keep going to the store like normal. When all the sheep and toilet paper hoarders lock themselves down, I'll just go on living as usual and buying shit from the then fully stocked shelves in stores that have no lines.

This clearly peaked in China. They've been sitting at ~80K cases for a while now. Even with their draconian lock down measures, they're not 100% effective. If this wasn't actually peaking they'd still be adding more than just a few cases daily, especially in the cities not part of the original lock down, given that it's a filthy shithole country.

This will peak in the US in the next month or so, probably basically go away for the summer, and return in the fall. We'll have probably one more season of this thing before the vaccine comes out and we'll be done with it. The hysteria over this isn't even remotely justified.

I get that it's 'exciting' and fun to have something to talk about but it's so f***ing retarded at this point.
The second time around might be the one to really worry about. Thats what happened with the Spanish flu, when it came back is when most of the deaths occurred. It's also what Martin Armstrongs cycle analysis is predicting: next year is going to be when this thing really takes off.

Last edited:
Top Bottom