Another respiratory virus from China (Coronavirus Megathread)

cmcgraw2

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wait till this hits Africa.

It would not surprise me if the Chinese engineered this virus at the Wuban bioweapons lab just to kill off the Africans.
That way, they can swoop in and take the resources.
However, the virus escaped the lab and infected the meat market that just so happened to be right next door to the bioweapons lab.

I bet Bill Gates had something to do with it, too.
His company was running Corona Virus Fatality drills 2 months prior.

Gates recently invested in a company that makes Corona Virus vaccines as well - before the outbreak.

All the above are baseless conspiracy theories.
Well the Chicoms aren't going to tell us squat, but we can at least get Bill Gates in front of Congress and find out what he knows, under oath.

I'm not worried about Africa anymore either, just everyone older than five or ten years younger than me...

cmcgraw2

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's pretty much a government admission isn't it? (not quite) 'It is plausible that the virus leaked around and some of them contaminated the initial patients in this epidemic, though solid proofs are needed in future study.'

scut.edu.cn is a Chinese Ministry of Education Class A Double First Class University. according to wikipedia.

drgrant

NES Member
Rating - 100%
59   0   0
Just a thought... all of this makes me wonder if there are people who can carry coronavirus but not get "fully involved". Someone mentioned it seems not to hit children... but children could literally be the perfect carriers for this shit, If they don't get sick then nobody is testing them, because all the attention is focused on sick people.... With most young kids, everything they do is disgusting- it's just the nature of small children. Like some guy hacks and yews on a table in a restauraunt, table doesnt get cleaned, some family arrives 5 min later, toddler puts his hand on the table and immediately sticks his fingers in his mouth, etc. Now Johnny Snotgobbler is the ultimate carrier. He then infects his entire family from being in close contact with him.

Tinkermatic

NES Member
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
The container ship thing seems overblown. The factory I work with is back up and running after a 14 day forced closure and I've already received shipments. These are just shades and blinds, not anything of great consequence. Reduced capacity? Sure. Nothing at all making its way to and from China? At this point, absolutely not. It's obviously a fluid situation though.

cmcgraw2

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just a thought... all of this makes me wonder if there are people who can carry coronavirus but not get "fully involved". Someone mentioned it seems not to hit children... but children could literally be the perfect carriers for this shit, If they don't get sick then nobody is testing them, because all the attention is focused on sick people.... With most young kids, everything they do is disgusting- it's just the nature of small children. Like some guy hacks and yews on a table in a restauraunt, table doesnt get cleaned, some family arrives 5 min later, toddler puts his hand on the table and immediately sticks his fingers in his mouth, etc. Now Johnny Snotgobbler is the ultimate carrier. He then infects his entire family from being in close contact with him.

daycare.jpg

Rating - 100%
28   0   0
Probably not, but try to land an Air Force quarantine. Better chow and the hottest women in the military.
Yeah...but....in the Air Force don't you have to do a package check...just to make sure that "woman" isn't the result of some government financed medical procedure ?
States the R0 is somewhere between 4.7 and 6.6?????!!!!!!
That's the first time I recall reading anything claiming that the R0 is that high.

WTF.

cmcgraw2

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Asians have the highest median IQ on earth and they seem to be the primary victims of this thing. Can’t see how that’s a net positive for us as a species.
Who the hell puts a deadly virus lab inside a residential metropolis? That doesn't seem too bright to me -

Feb. 16

Nothing new here, but Sen. Cotton (Armed Svcs. Committee) has been the only one really pushing the potential lab accident. I would hope we have some intelligence assets over there instead of guessing. Hell BU and Harvard practically invite them to steal our research.

"A female Chinese military officer was charged with spying while posing as a student at Boston University, but was able to flee the country after FBI agents interviewed her about her links to the People’s Liberation Army. (Washington Times Feb. 1)

Rating - 100%
28   0   0
UK News:

View attachment 332141

The worldwide panic levels and completely out of the ordinary lockdowns still don't coincide with the published death rates - when you factor in the "x amount of people die from the flu every year" thing - where x = some amount many times the published rate of Cornholavirus deaths.

Something just isn't jiving here - the numbers don't justify the lockdowns.

Rating - 100%
28   0   0
Keep in mind also that some people just want to watch the world burn. I can see some a**h*** spreading this on purpose.

if there is not a .gov ordered quarantine, how many of us can afford to live for 3 months without a paycheck? The bills are not going to stop and my landlord doesn’t care about a pandemic. I imagine The phrase “f*** you, pay me” will be used quite a bit.

I know I couldn't live for 3 months without a paycheck - I've been back to work for about 14 months at this point - after being out of work for 14 months, with the wife being out of work for 22 months, overlapping the time I was out of work.

She's back to work now too, and both of us have the ability to work from home too. So we likely wouldn't be "out of a paycheck" - as I think we rather easily could fully get our jobs done completely from home for three months. So that's not really the problem. The problem is getting some level of "management" - whether it's at m company, or at some level of government - to issue an edict that everybody who can possibly work from home - is going to do so - for the foreseeable future.

I could make the decision completely on my own tomorrow to say "eff this -I'm not going to risk catching cornholavirus - so I'm not going into the office anymore" , but that would lead to issues - especially considering it seems a lot of people - and the government - just don't think it's all that serious yet.

Mountain

NES Member
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Bring back Krampus?

TLB

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
The worldwide panic levels and completely out of the ordinary lockdowns still don't coincide with the published death rates - when you factor in the "x amount of people die from the flu every year" thing - where x = some amount many times the published rate of Cornholavirus deaths.

Something just isn't jiving here - the numbers don't justify the lockdowns.
The lockdowns are because this thing is likely a few times deadlier than the seasonal flu and are China's only option for containment. I think they'll be moving to mitigation before too long.

PennyPincher

NES Member
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
So China has quarantined 760 million people.

The US has FINALLY chartered flights to get people off the cruise ship docked in Japan and yet there are STILL stupid americans who would rather fly home first class. Do they not realize they will then be put into quarantine AGAIN if my understanding is correct about passengers coming from Asian countries?

Ms. Tsukamoto stuck a Post-it note on her door reading: "I’m staying." Three military doctors came to her door and advised her to go. Their emphatic tone, she said, was “scary,” but she is standing her ground.

"I’d rather go home first class on United Airlines than a cold, noisy military charter when the Japanese Ministry of Health releases us," she said. "I refuse to be fearful but respect the U.S. government to help others who feel more comfortable rushing home."

TLB

Rating - 100%
1   0   0

The US has FINALLY chartered flights to get people off the cruise ship docked in Japan and yet there are STILL stupid americans who would rather fly home first class. Do they not realize they will then be put into quarantine AGAIN if my understanding is correct about passengers coming from Asian countries?

Ms. Tsukamoto stuck a Post-it note on her door reading: "I’m staying." Three military doctors came to her door and advised her to go. Their emphatic tone, she said, was “scary,” but she is standing her ground.

"I’d rather go home first class on United Airlines than a cold, noisy military charter when the Japanese Ministry of Health releases us," she said. "I refuse to be fearful but respect the U.S. government to help others who feel more comfortable rushing home."
VIPs gonna VIP

Rating - 100%
28   0   0
I would have thought our toilet paper was made in the USA , given how many trees and big pulp companies there are (or used to be). I find it hard to believe that really been outsourced to China? I suppose its possible that environmental protection laws here made it cheaper to manufacture overseas, but I'm skeptical.

Anyway, I think people are overthinking the China supply chain problem; even if 2% of their population is gone (and it seems like that is skewed to
elderly or already sick), they're not going to shut their economy down. They really seem to like making $ over there, regardless of the supposed communist government. The shutdown is an attempt to confine the virus, and if that fails, they'll just proceed with the assumption that it's
going to spread where it will. Yes there might be some delays, due to their probably overblown and too-late attempts at isolating the spread, but they aren't going to have their workforce idle for long.

I may be wrong on this - but I really don't think that toilet paper production has been outsourced to China. China just doesn't have the sources of wood pulp to become the world's manufacturer of toilet paper. Plus they don't use the stuff - so why would they?

My opinion on this is based on a few things I have seen over the years. First: an awful lot of the recycled paper products (cardboard included) - are shipped over to China. I have heard this from multiple sources - and in all cases I have been told that it's because the Chinese don't have a sufficient supply of wood pulp so they need to import from overseas (that's the US in most cases). The next thing that makes me believe this is that a few years back when I was up at Chappell Tractor in Milford buying a new tractor - they took me out back , where they own a bunch of land. There was a couple of big 40ft containers there - both being loaded up with wood chips. I asked the guy what that was all about - and he said that China is a huge importer of wood pulp - because they lack the sources over there (no big forests in China I guess?). So instead of sending back empty containers - they're loaded up with wood chips and recycled paper stuffs over here - and sent back over to China.

My last source is a coworker of mine who has been looking into a recycling business - and the product he wants to recycle has a large paper component. His claim was that there is a big market for recycled paper - and not enough supply. That's because of China.

Plus I just looked at the paper towel and toilet paper packages the wife bought yesterday - they both say "Made in the USA".

I don't think we're getting toilet paper from China.

SpaceCritter

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
I know I couldn't live for 3 months without a paycheck - I've been back to work for about 14 months at this point - after being out of work for 14 months, with the wife being out of work for 22 months, overlapping the time I was out of work.

She's back to work now too, and both of us have the ability to work from home too. So we likely wouldn't be "out of a paycheck" - as I think we rather easily could fully get our jobs done completely from home for three months. So that's not really the problem. The problem is getting some level of "management" - whether it's at m company, or at some level of government - to issue an edict that everybody who can possibly work from home - is going to do so - for the foreseeable future.

I could make the decision completely on my own tomorrow to say "eff this -I'm not going to risk catching cornholavirus - so I'm not going into the office anymore" , but that would lead to issues - especially considering it seems a lot of people - and the government - just don't think it's all that serious yet.
The WFH thing isn't the whole situation. Without a nanny, people are sent WFH will still go to PT appointments, massage sessions, yoga.

It's gotta be a clean cut.

Gas station attendants assigned at pumps. Touchless pay only. That way only one dude or dudette touches the pump.

Grocery stores go into TO GO mode only. No interactions. Staff only inside would bring the number of potential vectors from a tens of thousands per store down to a few hundred.

That sort of thing.

Cowgirlup

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I read another quote from a passenger who didn't like that he would be bussed with other passengers and flying home with other passengers on the chartered plane and potentially quarantined again after testing. I was like WTH?! Fine, Stay on the plague ship you ungrateful moron. You have no idea when Japan will let you leave. I'd rather be back home getting medical care than on that ship where people keep getting infected.

cmcgraw2

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the nightmares. Ugh this shit gonna be bad
Dozens of Americans on cruise ship test positive for coronavirus

"Forty of them have gotten infected," Dr. Anthony Fauci, director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases at the National Institutes of Health, said on "Face the Nation," referring to passengers aboard the Diamond Princess cruise ship.

Approximately 400 U.S. citizens are aboard the Diamond Princess. According to Anthony Fauci, director of the U.S. National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, 44 Americans on the cruise ship have been infected, though not all are sick. (NPR)

That's almost half.

Some of the confirmed cases (in China, not the ship) are on their second or third transmission, Fauci said, adding that while the coronavirus isn't technically a global pandemic, it is trending that way.

Sounds like you can keep getting this bug until it gets you [tinfoil]

Last edited:

Spanz

NES Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I read another quote from a passenger who didn't like that he would be bussed with other passengers and flying home with other passengers on the chartered plane and potentially quarantined again after testing. I was like WTH?! Fine, Stay on the plague ship you ungrateful moron. You have no idea when Japan will let you leave. I'd rather be back home getting medical care than on that ship where people keep getting infected.
No shit!

I would be kissing the feet of the military people coming to save us!
AND President Trump for authorizing it.

NHCraigT

NES Member
Rating - 100%
2   0   0

(Note: its been mentioned that the video could actually be about homeless sleeping outside, and some have said that one or more appear to move, which might support that belief)

Last edited:
Top Bottom