Another respiratory virus from China (Coronavirus Megathread)

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Heard on NPR last night (I only listen to it on my evening commute to stay apprised of the other side's bullshit) that the gov't in China is basically offering bounties for neighbors to rat on each other....report friends, family and neighbors who are sick or showing fever signs and earn 80 to 300 USD. Xi has called for a "people's war" to fight this....terminology right out of the Chairman's little red book.

I'm guessing these videos of hazmat suit wearing goons violently ripping people out of their apartments are acting on those rat reports.

NHCraigT

NES Member
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
'It's Coming': CDC Director Warns Coronavirus To Become Widespread Throughout United States, 'Probably Beyond 2020'

"We don't know a lot about this virus," Redfield told CNN's Dr. Sanjay Gupta.

"This virus is probably with us beyond this season, beyond this year, and I think eventually the virus will find a foothold and we will get community-based transmission."

"Right now we're in an aggressive containment mode," said Redfield.

silversquirrel

NES Member
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Meh.

There's still (seemingly) about two or three billion Chinese left, and as long as I can still get my weekly Saturday dinner of chicken & mixed vegetables (with shrimp fried rice and appetizers etc etc) from Tiki Island in Medford?....
Meh.

Just sayin' 😁 (sarc)
China populaion is closing in on 1.5 billion.
But yeah, lots of potential for emmigration to USA, and gainful employement within our diverse culinary workforce.

Last edited:

In God We Trust

NES Member
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
I want to believe this I really do. But how do you possibly explain China's actions? If it was "just the flu" they wouldn't be locking down ever more cities, keeping factories shut down, and spraying disinfectant in the streets. I mean these are indisputable facts. It's not a conspiracy, its literally happening right now. So how do you reconcile those facts with your assertion that this will just become "part of the seasonal flu".
Because it’s a BIOWEAPON that escaped a lab. They know exactly what it is and what it’s potential is and they are terrified.

NHCraigT

NES Member
Rating - 100%
2   0   0

According to a new research lead by Swedish researchers from the Umeå University in Sweden along with collaboration with researchers from Heidelberg in Germany and Zhangzhou in China, the coronavirus probably has a stronger ability to spread than the World Health Organization has estimated so far.

new guy

NES Member
Rating - 100%
58   0   0
Because it’s a BIOWEAPON that escaped a lab. They know exactly what it is and what it’s potential is and they are terrified.

jpk

Rating - 100%
3   0   0

peterk123

NES Member
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Ask Mikey Bloomberg to get to the bottom of this. I hear he is pretty tight with Xi Jinping. Good old Bloomberg may even be an investor in whatever the chinese were cooking up and is now killing its own people.

In God We Trust

NES Member
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Ask Mikey Bloomberg to get to the bottom of this. I hear he is pretty tight with Xi Jinping. Good old Bloomberg may even be an investor in whatever the chinese were cooking up and is now killing its own people.
Winnie the Flu will never admit to this. The impressive (if ineffective)Chinese response to this tells you all you need to know,

hminsky

NES Life Member
NES Member
Rating - 100%
60   0   0

Article describes how people end up when they get into critical condition. The takeaway for me though is:
"What this is acting like — it's spreading much more rapidly than SARS [severe acute respiratory syndrome], the other coronavirus, but the fatality rate is much less," Fauci told 1A. "It's acting much more like a really bad influenza."

What experts fear is that, like the flu, COVID-19 will keep coming back year after year.
I'm getting used to the idea of a 10x severity seasonal flu. Maybe if we're lucky there will be a vaccine by next flu season.

Rating - 100%
28   0   0
Whelp,

I need to order some PPE products for lead paint involved renovation work this morning (Tyvek suites, respirators, spare filters, goggles, gloves, etc.) .

This out to be interesting.

I will call the NH company that we've been ordering from the past 10 years and see how this goes .....

:confused:😐🙄

UPDATE:

I was able to place the order for "almost" everything needed. I generally do an order and have it shipped to me in NH.
They sell in bulk and so the costs are decent, and FWIW they are an industry supplier (type of company).

- Tyvek suites, respirators, filters, goggles, and some other things were in stock and prices had only gone up what they normally go up (slightly each year).

- Nitrile gloves had to be shipped from a different warehouse with a small lead time because they were all out at their NH warehouse.

- P95 disposable masks could be shipped from a different warehouse with an unknown lead time, and were $60.00 for a 20 pack. I skipped on those.
(we still have some in multi-pack boxes and so I loaded-up on extra re-usable respirators and disposable P100 filter sets instead).
You really ought to do your research if you're spending money on Tyvek suits for virus protection.

On Google enter the term " does Tyvek protect against viruses". ..... And the first result is going to say :
"DuPont makes no promise that Tyvek shields wearers from viruses"

Tyvek is a breathable fabric that passes water vapor , if water vapor can pass it's likely that a virus can as well.

hminsky

NES Life Member
NES Member
Rating - 100%
60   0   0
You really ought to do your research if you're spending money on Tyvek suits for virus protection.

On Google enter the term " does Tyvek protect against viruses". ..... And the first result is going to say :

Tyvek is a breathable fabric that passes water vapor , if water vapor can pass it's likely that a virus can as well.
I think he said he's spending money on PPE for lead paint removal.

jpk

Rating - 100%
3   0   0

If this gets to a point where the only way people live is in a bio containment suit then the game is over

However....this is a VIRUS......it is xmitted simply by touching skin

It needs to be inhaled/hit a mucous membrane or possibly an open cut

NHCraigT

NES Member
Rating - 100%
2   0   0

Thanks, I am aware of that.
As I stated in my post, the tyvek suits I ordered are for construction and renovation related work-use (not virus, pandemics, CBRN, or other protective use).

I would never recommend tyvek suits for virus or pandemic situations, as they won't work for the reasons cited.

But that still doesn't stop people in general from going out and buying up what they can find and hoarding them (when going into panic mode as some already have started to do). Just look at the current disposable mask situation already.

What should be used is something like the Dupont CPF2, CPF3, or high rated suites like the Tychem Line (full hazmat type suites):

Last edited:

NHCraigT

NES Member
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
So is anyone here on NES "out and about" = heading to the packy, 7-11, bank, post office, and running errands ..... looking like this yet?

1581710827152.png

[smile]🤪😬🤔😛😊

Where do you put your CCW?

Last edited:

Cowgirlup

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Worst case scenario...

If so many are sick or quarantined that nobody can work, the economy completely fails. Mortgages will go unpaid. Right now, banks cover the costs of a repossessed home (real estate taxes and maintenance utilities) because most mortgages are not in default.

But if virtually ALL mortgages are in default they own most of the houses in the country and have to pay those costs without any meaningful income to cover it. Then the banks fail.

If every banks fails, what happens to all those empty, ownerless houses?
The banks will never entirely fail. During the depression and dustbowl the bankers cheerfully threw people out of their homes, took the property and sold it when things went back to normal. Great way for them to get tangible assets cheap.

mibro

NES Member
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
The banks will never entirely fail. During the depression and dustbowl the bankers cheerfully threw people out of their homes, took the property and sold it when things went back to normal. Great way for them to get tangible assets cheap.
This. Disasters, natural or manmade, ratchet ever more wealth into the hands of the wealthy.

mibro

NES Member
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
And the new look in Chinese nursing:

Nurses fighting coronavirus in China shave their hair to improve their work efficiency

View attachment 331715
These young women are brave as are all the Chinese medical staff fighting this epidemic.

I wonder if American doctors and nurses will match this heroism when their time comes?

NHCraigT

NES Member
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
2/14/20 - China coronavirus outbreak updates

The World Health Organization (WHO) has warned the virus poses a "grave threat" to the world, with chief Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus saying the virus could have "more powerful consequences than any terrorist action".

Top Bottom