• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Another reason to hate Dick's

So I stopped by to check out a few things on sale and saw this sign near the ammo section. Asked the guy behind the counter whats that all about, looks like new corporate rule... sucks for the 19 year old with an FID card that just got a 22 rifle for Christmas. I was told since the 22 fits handguns and rifles they had to change it to 21.

IMG_0849.jpg

It's ma. are you really surprised ?

This isn't an "MA thing" it's dicks being too ****ing lazy to properly instruct its employees on the federal requirements for selling ammunition to minors, which aren't
very complicated.

Would never buy anything there anyways, the ammo they have is usually shit, and without discounts or other special stuff, the price is usually shit, too.

-Mike

I have been playing back forth with their corp customer service about what they really do with my ammo purchase info.

This isn't an "MA thing" it's dicks being too ****ing lazy to properly instruct its employees on the federal requirements for selling ammunition to minors, which aren't
very complicated.

Would never buy anything there anyways, the ammo they have is usually shit, and without discounts or other special stuff, the price is usually shit, too.

-Mike

Under 21 is a minor now?

I have been playing back forth with their corp customer service about what they really do with my ammo purchase info.

Start a thread when you find out. I called and asked them what thats all about and they (2 different customer service reps at Dick's) couldn't give me an answer.

Think they used enough packing tape on that sign?

Professional company, apologize spelled incorrectly.

They always come in hot @ Dick's.

Look like they might have ****ed up spelling "caliber" too, and taped over it with the correct spelling.

Geniuses .22LR is the only ammo that can be used in rifles and handguns[rolleyes]
I wouldn't give them my personal info if they were giving ammo away. I'd much rather support my LGS

My experience at dicks in Dedham has been pretty good so far. When their ammo is on sale it's the cheapest in the area for me and they only take my DOB at the register.

My only bad experience was at the one in Scarborough, ME when the useless teen manning the gun counter couldn't ply his ugly mug from his phone.

You replied on 11/17/2016 8:41 PM.

Dear $#%@,

Thank you for contacting Customer Support at www.dickssportinggoods.com.

Thank you for asking about our ammunition and the surrounding policies and promotions. At this time, Dick's Sporting Goods does not sell ammunition online. This is not a state or federal law, but is our company's current policy.*

Due to certain state laws and regulations, some stores are required to record certain information on anyone that buys ammunition.We only store your purchases, we do not use them for any other purposes.

To purchase any type of ammunition or to inquire about promotional offers for ammunition, we invite you to visit one of our stores. Note that some products on our site have the option to see which stores are currently in stock on a particular item. If this option is available, you will see a "Find in Store" button on the page displaying the product, and you may find the store closest to you, by clicking link below:

http://www.dickssportinggoods.com/storeLocator/index.jsp?ab=Header_FindAStore

Thanks again for your interest in our online store and products. We hope that you will find this information useful, and we look forward to our next opportunity to assist you.

Please let us know if there is anything else we can do to assist, or feel free to visit our Online Help Desk at the following link: http://www.dickssportinggoods.com/helpdesk/index.jsp?ab=Header_Help.*

Sincerely,
Amy W.
Customer Support Representative
DicksSportingGoods.com
[email protected]*

---Original Message Web Case *#01521974---
Order #:None Entered

-
Hello, *Today I purchased ammunition at the Leominster MA store. *The clerk recorded my LTC information, but could not tell me why. *Why does Dicks record this information, and what does Dicks do with my purchase history/details? *I respectfully request a reply. *Sincerely,Hello, Today I purchased ammunition at the Leominster MA store. The clerk recorded my LTC information, but could not tell me why. Why does Dicks record this information, and what does Dicks do with my purchase history/details? I respectfully request a reply. Sincerely, &$&#&@

More vagueness and bad ENGRISH......
Dear *&#&q,

Thank you for the email ^&&#. The reason the store wanted to make recorded of the LTC is because, we require identification from each customer who attempts to purchase ammunition, regardless of the appearance of the individual, to provide consistency in each transaction. Our verification process is to ensure compliance with federal and state law. The information customers provide at checkout is not stored in our systems nor, shared to any other Dick's Sporting Goods location. We do apologize if we offended or caused any frustration.
If you have any additional questions or concerns *&*#&, please contact our customer service number provided below. Thank you for shopping Dick's Sporting Goods and have a great day!
Sincerely,
Michael
Customer Service
DICK'S Sporting Goods

Under 21 is a minor now?

Federal law prohibits federal firearms licensees from selling firearms or ammunition to people under 21 but makes an exemptions for rifles and shotguns and ammunition for rifles and shotguns. ATF has interpreted the law to not prohibit dual use ammunition from being sold to people between 18-20 (by licensees), if the purchaser intends to use the ammunition in a rifle or shotgun. Since passage of the gun control act, a number of major department stores with FFLs have successfully defended themselves from claims rising from the sale of dual use ammunition to 18-20 year olds- based on the "Is this for a handgun?". Unfortunately, defending against those claims is expensive and can be avoided by not selling dual use ammunition to 18-20 year olds.

Federal law prohibits federal firearms licensees from selling firearms or ammunition to people under 21 but makes an exemptions for rifles and shotguns and ammunition for rifles and shotguns. ATF has interpreted the law to not prohibit dual use ammunition from being sold to people between 18-20 (by licensees), if the purchaser intends to use the ammunition in a rifle or shotgun. Since passage of the gun control act, a number of major department stores with FFLs have successfully defended themselves from claims rising from the sale of dual use ammunition to 18-20 year olds- based on the "Is this for a handgun?". Unfortunately, defending against those claims is expensive and can be avoided by not selling dual use ammunition to 18-20 year olds.

This is not new.... K mart had this policy 20+ years ago. They would sell it to me if I showed the receipt for my 10/22 rifle.

18-20.99yr doesn't make someone a minor.

Back
Top Bottom