Another PPC question...

What are the requirements of a PPC semiauto? I heard of a trigger pull minimum, which probably puts most of my guns out of contention.

I've been meaning to order a rule book (they should make it downloadable).

You might want to send a PM to one of our new members PPCMASTER. I think he runs matches in NJ.

Adam

I found all the info I was looking for here:
http://www.wa1500.org/index.htm

The ppc9 and the 952 are nice. I sold my PC 945 around X-mas and that would have worked but I think I can use my Caspian 1911. I was unsure about it at first because it has a bull barrel.

Hopefully I'll meet George at a RIMLC meeting sometime.

GTOShootr said:
What are the requirements of a PPC semiauto? I heard of a trigger pull minimum, which probably puts most of my guns out of contention.

I've been meaning to order a rule book (they should make it downloadable).

They prolly won't allow your USPSA Open Gun in their more refined style of competition. [smile]

Cross-X said:
They prolly won't allow your USPSA Open Gun in their more refined style of competition. [smile]

Hey, only one of my pistols has a dot and a comp, but all of them are open guns [wink]. It is a shame i can't use it, my 9major gun has pretty much no drop at 50 yards and its groups are tiny. Too bad Bianci Cup/NRA Action Pistol is such a hassle to run (plate racks, movers, etc.).

Not yet. I've shot a little bit of bullseye, a bunch of USPSA, and some steel. I'm just starting IDPA. It seems like it would be a waste not to try PPC since it is so easy to practice for with just paper targets.

I guess I'll mess with my zeros/hold overs on my .45 this weekend.

I don't have one right now. Part of what sparks my interest is that I could you stuff I already have no investment. Also, any PPC shooting would just be practice for a part of my IPSC shooting I always need to work on.

You mean looking at that little bumpy thing at the end of your slide?

Your right, PPC could help out certain aspects of IPSC shooting for sure.

GTOShootr said:
I don't have one right now. Part of what sparks my interest is that I could you stuff I already have no investment. Also, any PPC shooting would just be practice for a part of my IPSC shooting I always need to work on.
The difficult thing for an IPSC shooter is to slow down. Go as slow as you think for the string, then slow down some more. It will help you reinforce the very important basics. I shoot bullseye in a legue all winter, it does help.

Back
Top Bottom