Another Polymer 10MM

I have a Sig 1911 in 10mm and it's been reliable and accurate with everything I've shot out of it. My only complaint is 10mm brass is not easy to find lying around at the range and this pistol throws empties about 20 feet. I tried a heavier recoil spring but it didn't help.

my experience has been the same with 10mm 1911's presumably because manufacturers are mostly using hammer springs for 45 acp. my understanding is that increasing the recoil spring won't do much to slow down rearward travel of the slide but rather will cause the slide to close faster (and thus shorten cycling time).

my solution for over-cycling 10mm 1911 has been to swap out the curved firing pin stop for a flat one from EGW. this gives the slide less leverage on the hammer, thus slowing down the slide. one can also install a stronger hammer spring although that will increase trigger pull weight just a bit. the flat firing pin stop is an easier fix. the only downside is the slide becomes harder to manually rack while the hammer is down. so for some folk they will have to cock the hammer and run the slide as two steps.

Back
Top Bottom