Another poll. This one to change the 2nd amendment

doctorbossman

NES Member
Amend the 2nd Amendment? Who should bear arms?

This is their insane proposal...

PROPOSED AMENDMENT: “Because a well-regulated National Guard and Reserve, and well-regulated Federal, state, and local public safety departments, are necessary to the security of our free states and our free nation, the rights of citizens, while serving in their capacity in the aforesaid organizations, to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.”
Read more at Amend the 2nd Amendment? Who should bear arms?

Those that support it are getting crushed...

Approve 131 (8.9%)
Reject 1347 (91.1%)

I wouldn't take the proposal or rewrites too seriously since any changes to the BOR is ever likely to happen now or for the foreseeable future.

There's a similar poll regarding the 4th amendment too..

CURRENT VOTE: Defining a constitutional right to privacy for the 21st Century.

PROPOSED AMENDMENT: “Each person has the right to privacy, including the right to keep personal information private; to communicate with others privately; and to make decisions concerning his or her body.”

Do you approve or reject the Right To Privacy amendment proposed above?

Approve 67.72% (86 votes)

Reject 32.28% (41 votes)

http://blog.constitutioncenter.org/...itutional-amendment-about-a-right-to-privacy/

How many more times could they put free in there??
As many times as it takes to convince people, that "it is for our own good"

Voted. Will this sh!t never end?
ZoomButt.gif

B-b-b-but, at all the gun violence forums and public hearings so far everybody has said they aren't trying to undermine anyone's 2nd amendment rights!

I don't think they understand what "free state" means vis-a-vis the 2A.

It means "free state" as in freedom. You can't secure freedom without individuals being able to store and carry firearms.

PROPOSED AMENDMENT: “Because a well-regulated National Guard and Reserve, and well-regulated Federal, state, and local public safety departments, are necessary to the security of our free states and our free nation, the rights of citizens, while serving in their capacity in the aforesaid organizations, to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.”
The communist Chinese, North Korean and Cuban military and police, to name just a few, also have rights to keep and bear arms in their respective countries. This proposed change to the Second Amendment (which basically abolishes it), uses their logic. This protects us citizens, how?

These moron antis really, actually, and truthfylly think that the 2nd Amendment was drafted to establish standing armies that are controlled by the state.

The progressives have chaged the definition of 'regulate' to mean 'control' over the years. When the 2nd Amendment was first drafted "well regulated" meant well disciplined or well behaved NOT well controlled.

Thinking from their perspective this simply spells out to what they believe to be true, that the 2nd Amendment was intended to create a standing army under the control of the state.

I'd rather they waste their time trying to change the amendment than the current bullshit they do.

The communist Chinese, North Korean and Cuban military and police, to name just a few, also have rights to keep and bear arms in their respective countries. This proposed change to the Second Amendment (which basically abolishes it), uses their logic. This protects us citizens, how?

The morons that drafted this revision believe that all good comes from govt and by disarming the populace that gun violence will go away and we will all be safer.

I giggled when I read that.

huh, says nothing about free citizens, must be some minor oversight.

What about tsa and homeland? Idiots.

-Proud to be dad every day, a licensed plumber most days, and wish I was a shoemaker on others.

I posted this last week, but if you missed it and are interested, here is a good essay on the explicitly "insurrectionist" intent of the 2A, which makes it necessary to understand the right to bear arms as a right of the people.

Pride of Ignorance on Firearms | National Review Online

No, I don't want to "start a revolution", but history is history. People who think that because the 2A mentions "militia", it means only the army can have arms are ignorant, as are people who thinks it means you can only have muskets.

However, the people who crafted this rewrite of the 2A understand very well the original intent, and want to do away with it.

Back
Top Bottom