• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Another one outta the box

MuzzleDiscipline

NES Life Member
NES Member
So this isn't particularly special but it is interesting. M57 Yugo with an excellent barrel and a 9x19 barrel to boot. This intrigues me with hammer group module and the take down is simply foolproof. F5DC0035-4890-4391-8549-4C610FBC0409.jpeg E8D64829-9920-4CF8-BB53-0B9C1865FD79.jpeg

i have one in 30 cal love it thin and conceals well . the problem is that shit safety they installed for import: leave it off and carry with an empty chamber

I would never carry with an empty chamber. My manual of arms doesn't allow it. The safety cock on this weapon is the only one I have ever come across I would trust.

I like the 7.62x25 cartridge but having 9mm Luger as an option makes it cheap and easy to shoot with noncorrosive. It is thin.

View attachment 277373 Looks a lot like my Colt .380.

t

Tokarev can thank John Browning.

The TT-30 was a single-action, semi-automatic pistol developed by Feodor V. Tokarev in 1930, owing much of its internal and external design to the original John Browning FN Model 1903 automatic pistol. Tokarev designed several other weapons for the Red Army in his time, including other pistol types and automatic rifles. The TT-30 was devised using a simplified unlocked blowback operation system with a swinging link under the barrel, unlocking the barrel from the slide during recoil. Some 1,000 examples were ordered for further trials and the TT-30 was formally adopted as the standard sidearm of the Red Army. Production began at the Tula Arsenal in 1931 ("Tula-Tokarev" making up the "TT" designation in the "TT-30" and "TT-33" series). The TT-30 became the first Tokarev-designed pistol to see notable military service.

As promising as the TT-30 was, developments were already underway on improving the type already entering production. Within three years, the weapon was superseded by the improved TT-33 series, officially introduced to the Red Army in 1933.
Tokarev TT-33 Semi-Automatic Military Service Pistol / Sidearm - Soviet Union

I have a Romanian TTC. I did away with the lame add-on safety by taking it out, grinding it down so it would be flush with the receiver, and putting a more-than-heavy plunger spring in it so it isn't going anywhere. Works well, and looks better.

Back
Top Bottom