• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Another no-knock, and the table got turned

June4th

NES Member
SWAT officer shot in the face breaking into window during no-knock raid

http://www.policestateusa.com/2014/killeen-texas-fatal-raid/

KILLEEN, TX — A police officer suffered fatal injuries while performing a pre-dawn no-knock raid on a local residence to search for drugs. Several officers were shot by a resident as they tried to enter an apartment through a ground-level window under the cover of darkness.

Detective Charles “Chuck” Dinwiddie, an 18-year veteran of the department — died two days after being shot on Friday morning. Approximately 5:30 a.m. on May 9th, the Killeen Police Department sent its SWAT team to execute a surprise raid on a middle-aged couple because they allegedly possessed substances without government permission.

Dinwiddie and several other SWAT agents snuck up to a window and tried to breach it to gain entry. The commotion caused one of residents to fire on the unidentified intruders, and Dinwiddie was struck in the face. Three others were shot; 2 were shot in the armor and 1 was shot in the thigh.

Marvin Louis Guy, age 50, is being held in the Killeen City Jail on a $3 million bond. His charges include 3 counts of attempted capital murder. He has not yet been charged with Dinwiddie’s death.

Police spent 12 hours combing the house for evidence of drugs. No drugs were listed on the evidence sheet. They did seize a laptop, a safe, a pistol, and a glass pipe, according to documents obtained by KWTX.

Note: This is not the same no-knock case that resulted in no-prosecution of similar event: http://thelibertarianrepublic.com/texas-man-wont-prosecuted-killing-cop-knock-raid/#axzz35O0uMI3z

P.S. Killeen is a pretty badass name for a town, I think.

From another article.

But all of that is mostly beside the point. The fact that the police didn’t find any drugs in the house suggests that Marvin Louis Guy didn’t know he was shooting at cops. Drug dealer or no, unless he had a death wish, it’s unlikely that a guy would knowingly fire at police officers when he had nothing in the house that was particularly incriminating. Unless we learn more, the simpler explanation is that he was awakened by armed men breaking into his home and did what he thought he needed to do to defend himself. Especially since that’s exactly what these raids are designed to do: take you by surprise. It’s yet another example — and the second in Texas in five months — of how using this sort of violence to enforce the drug laws not only unnecessarily puts citizens at risk, but puts law enforcement officers at risk as well.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...hat-claimed-the-life-of-texas-police-officer/

Withholding comment.... I don't need a SWAT at my door if I say what I really think.

theres the one time I would actually welcome jury duty.

It's amazing. The .gov "thinks" you are guilty. They forcibly enter your home with weapons when they think you don't expect it. As most humans will do, they react to a violent confrontation with violence, then the .gov locks them up for their reaction to the violence they started.

'Merica. It's no wonder LEOs aren't liked a whole lot anymore.

. on May 9th, the Killeen Police Department sent its SWAT team to execute a surprise raid on a middle-aged couple because they allegedly possessed substances without government permission.

how Orwellian is this statement ? wow, love it!!

Hope this guy gets off

this guy is lucky to be alive

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cory_Maye

Last edited:
I imagine it went:

*smashy smashy*
*bang bang*
"police! drop the weapon!"
followed by compliance

here's an idea, lets change the order on that up a little and maybe no one dies? just a thought

what doe leo's expect is going to happen when they use the same methods of criminals who break into houses. they are going to get shot. the real problem i see is the officer and judge face no charges after this happens for violating peoples rights. clearly there was either a false affidavit or a very poor investigation before the warrant was issued.

I imagine it went:

*smashy smashy*
*bang bang*
followed by compliance

here's an idea, lets change the order on that up a little and maybe no one dies? just a thought

Or, actually knock and have a conversation when the door is opened?

Or, since it is only because of alleged "drugs" that they might have, how about they do nothing? No victim, no crime.

you guys are lame. When you announce who you are it saps all the fun out of your call of duty live action role playing games. These poor police officers are already doing a tough job and you want to take away their GI Joe play time, the only fun they get! Shame on you

I imagine it went:

*smashy smashy*
*bang bang*
followed by compliance

Frankly I'm suprised it didn't go like this:
*smashy smashy*
*bang bang*
police: GUN!!!
*bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang*
plolice: STOP RESITING
*handcuff the corpse*

I imagine it went:

*smashy smashy*
*bang bang*
followed by compliance

Or we could change it up just a little more and get rid of the idea of "substances that need government approval", then the whole thing wouldn't have needed to happen. But yeah, no-knock raids need to go.

*smashy smashy*
*bang bang*
*bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang*
Police: Oh sh*t, we're out of ammo! DON'T SHOOT, POLICE!
Compliance by the home owner

Might have been like that.

Pretty surprising he's still alive, which would lead me to believe the cops figured out halfway thru a window that they might appear to be burglars.

*smashy smashy*
*bang bang*
plolice: STOP RESITING
*handcuff the corpse*
I am also surprised that the guy is still alive. I will be very interested to see how this case ends up, it seems like it would be impossible for a reasonable jury to convict, especially not of capital murder charges.

- - - Updated - - -

Pretty surprising he's still alive, which would lead me to believe the cops figured out halfway thru a window that they might appear to be burglars.

Police being reasonable while performing a no-knock raid? Methinks you give too much credit ;)

Or they wimped out after figuring out that the other guy was a better shot than they were. Seeing your comrades falling with a bloody face can be quite persuasive.

I am also surprised that the guy is still alive. I will be very interested to see how this case ends up, it seems like it would be impossible for a reasonable jury to convict, especially not of capital murder charges.

- - - Updated - - -

Police being reasonable while performing a no-knock raid? Methinks you give too much credit ;)

Never underestimate sheep who can't wait to enforce the WOD blindly. BIG mistake.

- - - Updated - - -

Or they wimped out after figuring out that the other guy was a better shot than they were. Seeing your comrades falling with a bloody face can be quite persuasive.

Proof positive that when they start dying during every raid this shit will stop. No one likes getting shot in the face.

Marvin should face the same consequences as if the invaders were "normal" criminals: None.

He shot in self defense. He'd be dead now if he did NOT comply as soon as they identified themselves as police.

Shamelessly profiling based on his picture: we're talking about a middle aged guy that uses drugs, not a distribution king pin.

theres the one time I would actually welcome jury duty.
Yup. No-knock = not guilty. Don't care about the other details.

- - - Updated - - -

Proof positive that when they start dying during every raid this shit will stop. No one likes getting shot in the face.

and to think some have panties in knots about gun confiscation

Back
Top Bottom