Another new scam today

PL-52

NES Member
In my own little world, minding my own business
Email came in early this afternoon from semi normal looking notice from Norton anti-virus that my trial 30 days was up and my checking acct. was being billed for $280.00 for a full version. Well I never had Norton and don't want it anyway so I figured it's time to have some fun. Called the number and got Habis and his supervisor from boiler room with lots of back ground noise. Habis wanted me to go to Google Chrome and open a browser NOPE I said I don't have Chrome. Now he has to get another Supervisor, and he wants me to open Firefox .Nope I don't have Firefox. Now all 3 Simpletons are on the phone trying to get me to open any browser And I won't be co-operative at all, and all they are trying to do is help me. I'm rolling out of my chair by now as they are getting twisted up beyond what I was hoping for . I'm bored and needed some entertainment today AND that was just what I needed. SCORE!!!! Now I have his number I call it back and get an answering machine , so I leave a message with another phone number .10 minutes later a 4th simpleton calls back and I start the game all over again!

Last edited:
Email came in early this afternoon from semi normal looking notice from Norton anti-virus that my trial 30 days was up and my checking acct. was being billed for $280.00 for a full version. Well I never had Norton and don't want it anyway so I figured it's time to have some fun. Called the number and got Habis and his supervisor from boiler room with lots of back ground noise. Habis wanted me to go to Google Chrome and open a browser NOPE I said I don't have Chrome. Now he has to get another Supervisor, and he wants me to open Firefox .Nope I don't have Firefox. Now all 3 Simpletons are on the phone trying to get me to open any browser And I won't be co-operative at all, and all they are trying to do is help me. I'm rolling out of my chair by now as they are getting twisted up beyond what I was hoping for . I'm bored and needed some entertainment today AND that was just what I needed. SCORE!!!!

That’s not a new scam. But anyways, these guys are scumbags who prey on, mainly, elderly. There are a bunch of YouTube channels of guys who bait them and several who actually hack them. Jim Browning is the best.

Email came in early this afternoon from semi normal looking notice from Norton anti-virus that my trial 30 days was up and my checking acct. was being billed for $280.00 for a full version. Well I never had Norton and don't want it anyway so I figured it's time to have some fun. Called the number and got Habis and his supervisor from boiler room with lots of back ground noise. Habis wanted me to go to Google Chrome and open a browser NOPE I said I don't have Chrome. Now he has to get another Supervisor, and he wants me to open Firefox .Nope I don't have Firefox. Now all 3 Simpletons are on the phone trying to get me to open any browser And I won't be co-operative at all, and all they are trying to do is help me. I'm rolling out of my chair by now as they are getting twisted up beyond what I was hoping for . I'm bored and needed some entertainment today AND that was just what I needed. SCORE!!!! Now I have his number I call it back and get an answering machine , so I leave a message with another phone number .10 minutes later a 4th simpleton calls back and I start the game all over again!
I got a very similar email, but they wanted to charge me $340. I called to mess with them too! I told them that I don’t own a computer, I use the library. The guy laughed pretty loud and hung up. I’ve gotten this one before.....

HAhahaha. I was just watching Schitt's Creek. Bob - the moron car repair guy - rents out office space to this guy who is fixing computers over the phone. "Johnny, he fixed my computer without even touching it. It has no problems - which is how you know it's working." ROFL!!!!

I find some of the best piss off the scammer videos from The Hoax Hotel on YouTube. The guy is great at getting them to flip out from crank calling them and wasting them time.

Some great ones are Two scammers threatening each other, Two IRS scammers from the same call center have it out with each other, and the always funny CRA scammers vs IRS scammers. My current favorite Betty videos are Betty vs NYC thug jury duty scam Betty screwing with a Nigerian scammer.

Other great videos I've found on YouTube have been people tricking the a**h***s who are the fake IT people into somehow giving them access and then uploading ransomware/encryption viruses into the scammer's own network before recording the scammers having a meltdown.

Back
Top Bottom