• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Another new H&K

I'm picking up a H&K USP Compact 45 today I ordered this week. That's my second in two weeks. I was so blown away by my USP Compact 40, I ordered a Compact 45 to give it a big brother. The design, feel, and accuracy of these pistols is way ahead of anything I've ever shot. I'm not a guy that does back flips over much, but for me H&K pistols are the finest I've ever owned or shot. I sold a S&W 1911 target model and a S&W CS45 to be able to afford these two pistols. Believe me, selling any of my pistols for any reason is like passing kidney stones, but I would do it again in a second if it got me a H&K. :D

Buffalo Bill said:
Believe me, selling any of my pistols for any reason is like passing kidney stones, but I would do it again in a second if it got me a H&K. :D

I hear that...Congrats on the new acquisition. If you can, take some pics and post the "Family portrait" in the gallery. [lol] [lol] [lol]

I love my HK USPC .45. Which Variant did you get? Mine was a Variant 1 before I got the LEM Trigger installed on it. The LEM is very different than what I was used to, Long light trigger pull with a VERY short reset. ENjoy you new purchase. Did you try to order a stainless by chance, I heard they had stopped selling them in the US. That sucks, I would love to be able to get a stainless .40.

Which variant?

Hey 03roushs1,
Got a variant 1 on each. 3 postion lever is a great idea. My Beretta's have two, either fire or decock/safety. H&K gives you a safety position, a fire position, and a separate decock position which automatically returns to fire after decocking. Great idea. Just have to remember to place it on safe after decocking if finished shooting. Also allows it to be carried cocked and locked if one is inclined to carry that way. :)

One the that I was not aware of, when I put the LEM trigger mod on mine, the Armorer originally took of the the safety/decocker lever. I told him that is not what I had ask him to do and got him to put it back on. I had already talked to HK and new it could be done. Unfortunately, the only functions it performs on mine now is safety. Apparently the decocker function is not compatible with the LEM trigger. I wish I had known that before bought the LEM trigger kit. Just so you or anybody else that mey be thinking about understands what is does to your gun.

I tried one with the LEM trigger -- a fellow that I know is an ICE (nee INS) officer. I wasn't that impressed with it.

If I carried my USPcs, I'd probably have them changed so that the lever only works as a safety, not decocker (variant 9?). But I guess I'm an troglodyte...

Back
Top Bottom