Another moving question...

But unfortunately not moving out of state.

The question is- Can the new city or town deny a change of address? I won't have to worry about renewing in this place as I'll only be there for a year, I just need to change the address. I have the GOAL form for changing address ready to go.

No, they cannot deny your change of address. In theory, the CLEO in your new town CAN request a change to your LTC from the issuing authority, but that is a relative rarity. Follow the rules and send your change of address. Then renew once you move out of your (Red?) town.

OP:

FYI, you do not, under MGLs need to use a form.

A letter, addressed to the old town, the new town, and the CHSB, with your name, old address and new address is sufficient. Sent by Certified Mail.

Some say that you should include your LTC number, though that is not part of the law. The PDs can look it up. There is no requirement in the MGLs that you send a photocopy of the LTC. Just that you notify them within 30 days.

Don't do anything in addition to what is spelled out by law. Don't try to be helpful or attempting to look like a goody two shoes.

Name. Addresses. Certified mail X3. Done.

Don't forget the RMV

But unfortunately not moving out of state. The question is- Can the new city or town deny a change of address? I won't have to worry about renewing in this place as I'll only be there for a year, I just need to change the address. I have the GOAL form for changing address ready to go.

No, they can't.

Back
Top Bottom