• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Another Mossberg question.

wasralex22

NES Member
I was finally able to remove my magazine tube. My next question is, if I can explain it well enough. I'm want to purchase a 18" barrel but I also would like to purchase a magazine tube I would be able to put an extension on. I would like the tube and barrel be the same length.
If that makes sense. I've looked everywhere for an open ended tube that isn't 20" and ideas?

Not many options with the 500 because of how the barrel attaches. The kit from Brownell's (they actually offer two, rifle sights or bead) has been out of stock for over a year now (both oos).

I was thinking of going with a 590 barrel and tube.
I don't want to go beyond 18.5". I know they have a setup like that I'd just have to get a 590 barrel and tube then an extension. I'm assuming.

I don't think the 590 and 500 are interchangeable. Most accessories are for one or the other, so there is likely a difference between them.

I am always trying to make things better than how they are. It doesn't always work. At some point you may be better off just finding a factory gun set up how you want. Mossberg offers a 500 and a 590 with extended mags and a short barrel. The Maverick 88 is also an option.

Back
Top Bottom