• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Another looking for a range thread.

Darksideblues42

NES Life Member
NES Member
I know, another thread.....

I live in Hudson MA, am looking for a simple rifle/shotgun/pistol range.

I would like a minimum of fudd drama, or drama overall for that matter, the ability to bring an occasional guest (I have active duty and reserve friends across the country who pass through from time to time) and I would like to be able to introduce new folks to shooting.

Any suggestions? Reasonable drive from Hudson, like 30-45 min or so.

What is the climate at Riverside? I know there was quite a bit of political infighting a couple years back, which was a big reason I never joined there (along with having to pass throught the smoking bar area to get to the indoor range)

Marlborough Fish and Game isn't bad. Indoor range is .22 only, outdoor is out to 100 yards and is covered. One guest per visit is allowed. They also have 3 ponds for fishing.

Theres going to be fudds wherever you go, its one of the constant in the universe. Nevertheless I highly recommend harvard sportsmans club.

I don't mind fudds exactly, I do mind people giving me crap for owning an AR or three......I keep rounds on target, I know my rifles, I am aware of range hot/cold status, I am aware of my safety and that of those around me and don't need a lecture when I fire more than 2 rounds in 10 seconds.

That is what I don't have time for.

I don't mind fudds exactly, I do mind people giving me crap for owning an AR or three......I keep rounds on target, I know my rifles, I am aware of range hot/cold status, I am aware of my safety and that of those around me and don't need a lecture when I fire more than 2 rounds in 10 seconds.

That is what I don't have time for.

I've been at Southboro Rod and Gun for 4 years. There are FUDDs there, but no one has ever give me any crap for my AR's, M1 Carbine, Garand or barrett (which I was just sighting in) at the outdoor regardless of rate of fire. You can bring a guest. There's steel at 50 feet outside at the pistol range. Membership fee isn't a budget buster. Trap and Skeet, also a fish pond for the kids. PM me if you want to come there as my guest.

If you want a walk around riverside PM me.
The clubs not too bad. There have been changes in directors over the years. The clubhouse has been non smoking for a few years now.
There are 2 pistol pits being added, so there will be 5 outdoor ranges in addition to the skeet and trap fields.
I have not had issues with fudd in fact most people are super nice.
However rapid fire is limited to double taps. Neighbors complain about extended rapid fire and machine guns (ironically I think the most of the rapid fire comes from the police training pit that is the property next to the club) also it's to mitigate the amount of holes in the roof.
Indoor range is ok, one of the better in the area however NOT 24 hrs.

I'm there because I'm 12 min away even at 5 pm.

I like the people and events at Hopkinton. The 300yd range at Harvard is awesome too.
There are a few choices in the area. Maynard has a club as well. So you have all sorts of options.

Riverside is expensive in my opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've been at Southboro Rod and Gun for 4 years. There are FUDDs there, but no one has ever give me any crap for my AR's, M1 Carbine, Garand or barrett (which I was just sighting in) at the outdoor regardless of rate of fire. You can bring a guest. There's steel at 50 feet outside at the pistol range. Membership fee isn't a budget buster. Trap and Skeet, also a fish pond for the kids. PM me if you want to come there as my guest.

Love shooting trap there. Was a member for a long time until the 200 yd range was closed down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom