another "it lives again" post

heron163

NES Member
this old High Standard has seen many a bullseye competition in the '70's and 80's...

Tim the gunsmith brought her back to life... had to machine the slide to accept the correct parts and do a transplant of some internals. May the **** be upon texas high standard...[angry]

I just ran 200 rounds of a mix of CCI .22 short without issue. Accurate as hell...[grin]

brings back memories...sweet pistol. i shot a high standard victor in the day, a little quirky sometimes but nonetheless a winner also.

Bought one of those new in 1975......sold it, and wished I hadn't.

Great gun, well made and super accurate.

It was $300 in 1975, a lot of money for a .22 pistol.

I bought the HS Supermatic Tournament in 1976 used, I am not certain but think I paid ~$90 for it. In 1977 I bought the HS Victor and pretty sure I paid $160 used for it. Still own both of them, safe queens.

Nice high standard pistol. those are quite coveted nowadays. Tim Gostling does excellent work. Any projects that I cannot do myself go straight to him.

Nice.... last week a,old timer was shooting his colt woodsman target pistol... just nice and accurate.
Another guy had is tricked out MKIII and was talking with us and he asked the old man .
How did you get it to shoot so nice..... Old man " I bought it and shot it ....a lot."

I like the high standard stuff always well made. Even their store branded guns where nice.

you guys make me wish i had my gun back. i've had a rule for a long time...never get rid of anything....but unfortunately it was put in place too late for a lot of neat stuff that's passed through my hands.

Another HS fan here. Shot a Victor back in the mid 80s. Also owned a Citation 2. Sold both when me and my GF (wife now) wanted the extra money. Own a mint H-D Military with the box now. Never shot it.
Bought a Texas HS ser # 0962. What a POS that I never could get to run right.

I still shoot my Victor in our weekly outdoor Bullseye league.
It's my dedicated iron sight .22.

I originally was a bullseye shooter and shot the HS every week, shot one season only with the pistol team. In the 1980s as my work at DEC consumed me I pretty much stopped shooting other than police qualifications for a number of years. The shooting I do now is mostly defensive based, not bullseye.

Back
Top Bottom