• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Another Gun Store Suicide

FPrice

Retired Zoomie
NES Life Member
NES Member
Saw a short blurb on WWLP (Channel 22 in Western Mass). The owner of A Call to Arms gun shop in Enfield, CT apparently committed suicide.

"ENFIELD, Conn (WWLP) - A section of Route 5 by Belmont Avenue and Montano Road in Enfield was closed Friday due to a police investigation.

The roads have since reopened.

Enfield Police Chief Alaric Fox described the incident as a "death by suicide of a male business owner." Chief Fox said no news conference is planned at this time.

The business located at 660 Enfield Street, where the police investigation took place, is A Call to Arms. Authorities surrounded the business Friday afternoon, closing roads for about an hour with no traffic northbound or southbound by Belmont Avenue and Montano Road.

A 22News crew on Route 5 saw a SWAT team vehicle, the Enfield Police mobile command unit, and one ambulance in the parking lot of A Call to Arms gun shop."

Enfield PD: Incident on Route 5 a

Channel 40 crew filmed cruisers from more than a dozen towns plus a big green truck and cops going in and out for hours. They had roads shut down for hours. Sounds like there might be more to the story. RIP.

Last edited:
Channel 40 crew filmed cruisers from more than a dozen towns plus a big green truck and cops going in and out for hours.
Free Gunz Boys!

5YPHWG1.jpg

That’s terrible news. And of course all the stock goes to the local Pd’s gun locker, right?

That stinks.

I wonder if it was a major personal problem of if it was related to the business.

Suicide: a permanent solution to a temporary problem.

It does stink but at least he only killed himself and no others.

I stopped in the new location a couple of months ago. Mid afternoon on a Friday the doors were locked. The owner came to the door as I walked away and let me in. The place reeked of cigarette smoke and there were bags of garbage and empty pizza boxes laying around. Had very little inventory, mostly handguns that were strewn about on the counter top. There were some samples of a target .45 he was having manufactured and that was all he wanted to talk about. Sad decline from the shop that had opened up the road a few years back.

f***... I was just there about 2 weeks ago. Guy was just moving in to a new bldg. went to their first location a few times as well.

Try telling an ALS or Stage IV metastatic cancer patient that they are solving a "temporary problem".
I do not know the stats on underlying causes of suicide.

For the above stated problems, I can see suicide being an option.

Never been in those shoes, but as of now, I would rather die high on morphine surrounded by family than from suicide.

I hope never to be in that situation, but I have sympathy to those who wish to end their lives on their terms.

2A05C619-CFF8-4047-B672-4689DA14FE70.jpeg
Some of you are pretty damn callous ...

Yes. Dark humor isn’t for everyone, but it is pretty popular here. I’m not much into empathy so my humor is very callous, I admit. I have a brother in law with serious medical issues, I have to bite my tongue to keep from saying half the jokes that come to mind.

Never been in those shoes, but as of now, I would rather die high on morphine surrounded by family than from suicide.
Generally, you fade away when or morphine and by the time you die you are basically an emaciated unconscious corpse just waiting to check out. Seen it - twice. Not a pretty site. It is rarely the entire family gathered around the loved one who is conscious, lucid, tells everyone (s)he loves them, had a good life, and peacefully dies. Sure it happens, but them some people win by playing a single number of the roulette wheel. Of all my relatives and inlaws who passed, I only saw one live a full life up to the very end then pass away naturally and peacefully. I really loved and miss that dog.

You left out the part about a couple of years of a very low quality of life, and of the disease leaving you in pain for years, possibly unable to move or even attend to your own defecation and have it get to the point where you no longer have the physical capability to check out even if you choose to.

It is beyond disgusting that the papists managed to prevent MA subjects from being offered a legal and peaceful choice in this matter.

Generally, you fade away when or morphine and by the time you die you are basically an emaciated unconscious corpse just waiting to check out. Seen it - twice. Not a pretty site. It is rarely the entire family gathered around the loved one who is conscious, lucid, tells everyone (s)he loves them, had a good life, and peacefully dies. Sure it happens, but them some people win by playing a single number of the roulette wheel. Of all my relatives and inlaws who passed, I only saw one live a full life up to the very end then pass away naturally and peacefully. I really loved and miss that dog.

You left out the part about a couple of years of a very low quality of life, and of the disease leaving you in pain for years, possibly unable to move or even attend to your own defecation and have it get to the point where you no longer have the physical capability to check out even if you choose to.

It is beyond disgusting that the papists managed to prevent MA subjects from being offered a legal and peaceful choice in this matter.
If in that condition, assisted suicide might be good. Like a big dose of heroine.

I would not want it to be rough on my family though. If I had their blessing it would be much easier.

View attachment 282065

Yes. Dark humor isn’t for everyone, but it is pretty popular here. I’m not much into empathy so my humor is very callous, I admit. I have a brother in law with serious medical issues, I have to bite my tongue to keep from saying half the jokes that come to mind.
So, why bite your tongue? Asking for a friend.

So, why bite your tongue? Asking for a friend.

He had to be revived twice the Friday before Easter. When I made a joke about death not working well on Good Friday, the reception was chilly to say the least. I figured I’d hold off on the joke about the guy not wanting to see Trump’s second term. It is easier for me.

He had to be revived twice the Friday before Easter. When I made a joke about death not working well on Good Friday, the reception was chilly to say the least. I figured I’d hold off on the joke about the guy not wanting to see Trump’s second term. It is easier for me.

Damn. Too bad.

That Good Friday joke is a good one. I’m sorry it went wasted. You might never get that opportunity again.

[laugh2]

Back
Top Bottom