• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Another gun shop owner fudd.

At Lewis Arms in Bow, N.H., the store's owner said not only does he support the proposal, but he also has ideas about how to pay for it.

"Possibly, part of the payment for that could be to put a tax on some guns and ammunition, and the gun owners, I think, would be proud to support guarding the children in the schools,” said Brad Lewis, of Lewis Arms
Posted on wmur

he must've missed the part where the nra offered to pay for it.

Last edited:
Another NES member fudd, starting a thread on a subject without really saying the subject. "the proposal" I assume the proposal you elude to is armed officers in schools. Is that the proposal? Link to the article would help explain better, sorry little bored this evening/ morning.

How the hell does that make OP a Fudd?

3335867+_f13c506fea94774b91cdc07e9da7ca57.jpg

Easy I don't even know what fudd stands for just sounded good, just seemed a little vague. Im sorry[sad2]
Is there a thread somewhere to learn all these fudd, ibtl teotwawki and things like that, I can't keep up to date on these.

Last edited:
Nothing like some good home schooling at 1 am. So really is there a thread that explains all these terms? ( sorry for potential thread hijacking)

Here's the article @ wmur http://www.wmur.com/news/nh-news/Ne...rol/-/9857858/17879294/-/fnywe6z/-/index.html

Wonder, if he really said that. If so, that should hurt his business big times.

Yes - we need to get this clarified to see he goes on the Zumbo list:

http://www.northeastshooters.com/vbulletin/threads/182111-Official-Zumbo-Candidate-Thread

- - - Updated - - -

Here's the article @ wmur http://www.wmur.com/news/nh-news/Ne...rol/-/9857858/17879294/-/fnywe6z/-/index.html

Wonder, if he really said that. If so, that should hurt his business big times.

Oh yeah, and David Freedman of Madison is a moron.

At Lewis Arms in Bow, N.H., the store's owner said not only does he support the proposal, but he also has ideas about how to pay for it.

"Possibly, part of the payment for that could be to put a tax on some guns and ammunition, and the gun owners, I think, would be proud to support guarding the children in the schools,” said Brad Lewis, of Lewis Arms
Posted on wmur

he must've missed the part where the nra offered to pay for it.

never been there and now never will.

Posted on wmur
The problem with this. more than the tax, is the concept that legal gun owners are somehow at fault for the danger the criminals pose.

It makes about as much sense as suggesting that products sold to law abiding black people should bear a special tax to help combat urban black crime.

The problem with this. more than the tax, is the concept that legal gun owners are somehow at fault for the danger the criminals pose.

It makes about as much sense as suggesting that products sold to law abiding black people should bear a special tax to help combat urban black crime.

Right. This becomes increasingly obvious if one were to suggest a "DUI Tax" for every new vehicle transfer to help fund anti-DUI efforts, e.g. checkpoints, awareness campaigns, etc. Why should responsible car owners, which again, is the fast majority of people that own cars, be forced to pay for a problem that they bear no responsibility for?

Right. This becomes increasingly obvious if one were to suggest a "DUI Tax" for every new vehicle transfer to help fund anti-DUI efforts, e.g. checkpoints, awareness campaigns, etc. Why should responsible car owners, which again, is the fast majority of people that own cars, be forced to pay for a problem that they bear no responsibility for?
More like pay extra when buying a car to fund sobriety checkpoints fk that

Nothing like some good home schooling at 1 am. So really is there a thread that explains all these terms? ( sorry for potential thread hijacking)

You can also type the acronym into Google and most times come up with an answer. The search always brings you to an acronym/slang dictionary of some sort.

I have been in his store once. Once is all that I intend on going there. I talked with him about some K98's he had in there. The guy came accross as a know it all jackass that really had no clue what he was talking about. When I called him out on it he walked away.

I have been in his store once. Once is all that I intend on going there. I talked with him about some K98's he had in there. The guy came accross as a know it all jackass that really had no clue what he was talking about. When I called him out on it he walked away.

this +1000 ^^^^ I went into his place once to look at LCP's when they were relatively new...his price was $349...I asked him if he could budge on the price because I could drive a bit further north and get one for around $299 at the Barn Store...nope he said snarkily...fine, I walked out and went the Barn Store and bought it there...last time I've been in that store...

and after looking on the website just now, they really need a proofreader...one thing I can't stand is going to a "professional" website and seeing really bad spelling and misuse of words like to, too, two, there, their, they're and on and on and on....sorry...just one of my pet peeves.

Last edited:

This...

I'll just go ahead and cross that place off my list of supportable shops... NOOO problem...

Went to Lewis Arms once to look for an IWB holster. Guy goes behind the counter and brings back a $128 holster. I laughed and asked for something cheaper, and they guy got visually upset with me and came back with a $10 nylon one. Perfect. All I wanted to begin with.

While checking out, one of the clerks was harassing a guy because he was leaving empty handed.

I can live without Lewis Arms.

I stopped by a few years ago.I was the only guy there so I tried making small talk about his place. Very cold and picked up the paper and started reading it. I didn't want to waste his time so I left and never went back.

I stopped by a few years ago.I was the only guy there so I tried making small talk about his place. Very cold and picked up the paper and started reading it. I didn't want to waste his time so I left and never went back.
WTH is it with some of these smaller shops treating potential customers like hired help ? Sounds like alot of NES'ers wouldn't go to this place more than once even if this thread never existed.

I have seen shops like that and they are no longer in business. There was or is one in Dracut that changed over to trains with guns being a secondary.

No longer there. I did buy a gun from him though only because he had a model 63 that I could not find anywhere else. Really didn't have good people skills. Was primarily a toy store.

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Tapatalk 2

Back
Top Bottom