• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Another gun buy back destroying valuable firearms

"Hey take a look at this cool pistol grandpa owned that I found in the attic."

"Wow, looks ancient. I wonder where it came from."

"I bet it's something he brought back home from WWII with him."

"Ooooo, look at those markings. I bet some general owned this."

"Wow, I wonder if Grandpa killed the general who owned this and took it as a souvenir."

"I bet it was an important general. His death might have even changed the course of the war!"

"Yeah, probably. This thing must be worth a fortune."

"I bet.........lets go trade it in for a $50 Wal-Mart gift card."

"Yeah, Grandpa would have wanted it that way."

AT LEAST DONATE THEM TO A MUSEUM IF YOU DON'T WANT THEM!

Last edited:
"Hey take a look at this cool pistol grandpa owned that I found in the attic."

"Wow, looks ancient. I wonder where it came from."

"I bet it's something he brought back home from WWII with him."

"Ooooo, look at those markings. I bet some general owned this."

"Wow, I wonder if Grandpa killed the general who owned this and took it as a souvenir."

"I bet it was an important general. His death might have even changed the course of the war!"

"Yeah, probably. This thing must be worth a fortune."

"I bet.........lets go trade it in for a $50 Wal-Mart gift card."

"Yeah, Grandpa would have wanted it that way."

AT LEAST DONATE THEM TO A MUSEUM IF YOU DON'T WANT THEM!

This is enough to make a grown man cry!

At least they realize the significance of these items:

McGuire said he’s already reached out to the military to tell them about the historical weapons. He said they could likely be displayed in a museum.

But goes to show, most people are idiots.

I don't blame a city or town that has a buy back program, but for the love of god call the damn NRA or local gun groups to come and help out. That way and they buy the good stuff and keep it in the firearms community.

The perks here are:
1. History is not destroyed.
2. The guns are still being taken off the streets.
3. The town\city spends 50 bucks for the gun and then makes a profit on selling it to a collector.

It should be WIN WIN, too bad its stupid is as stupid does.

Cities and states are broke, do the buy back, then sell them to people legally, I bet they will cover all of the cost of the buy back and them some.

I don't blame a city or town that has a buy back program, but for the love of god call the damn NRA or local gun groups to come and help out. That way and they buy the good stuff and keep it in the firearms community.

The perks here are:
1. History is not destroyed.
2. The guns are still being taken off the streets.
3. The town\city spends 50 bucks for the gun and then makes a profit on selling it to a collector.

It should be WIN WIN, too bad its stupid is as stupid does.

The guns aren't "on the streets", they were in people's homes. Just like yours are. We should get yours off the streets too... you know, they're dangerous!

Cities and states are broke, do the buy back, then sell them to people legally, I bet they will cover all of the cost of the buy back and them some.

That makes too much sense for .gov to understand.
The guns get chopped up and melted down.
Hell, the Boston Police don't even sell or trade-in their own department weapons when they upgrade.
They toss them into the grinder!
More taxpayer money literally thrown away. [angry]

[sad2]

Back
Top Bottom