• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Another good day.

Darksideblues42

NES Life Member
NES Member
My recovery is going well enough that I scheduled a range day with my friend and my step-daughter.

Fun was had, got to shoot my new to me PTR91, as well as the 1884 Springfield Trapdoor I am working on bringing back to presentable but well loved condition.

I shot an "OK" 5 shot group at 100 yards, not bad for a rifle I haven't learned yet, not my best by any stretch, but not bad overall. I then turned my attention to something more reactive, my 8 inch gong.

The only downside is that the .45-70-405 broke my AR500 gong at 100 yards, I hit it right at the carriage bolt and the ear sheared off.

We then moved to some pistols, and I had one other not so great malfunction, the right side ambidextrous decocker lever on my S&W 659 went flying off and was lost amongst the detritus at the pistol range. Looked for it for another 20 minutes, then called it a day!

Realized I was warn out, so came home and took a nap for an hour!

It was, over all, a pretty decent day.

IMG_20190928_103002.jpg IMG_20190928_103004.jpg IMG_20190928_093605.jpg

If the rifle is reasonably accurate in my unpracticed hands, would those folks who hunt on a regular basis consider it acceptable for deer harvesting?

It will be a gift for the president of my company when he retires, and he is an avid hunter, typically goes black powder, just to give the deer a fair chance.

Great day for shooting, that's for sure. Good on you!

Back
Top Bottom