• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

another glock question, please

greencobra

NES Member
cerakote, what color black on their color palette would match the original factory slide color. there's a few different hues. just want to know what i'm asking for after having work done on a slide. lead time sending it back to ga is a bit long so cerakote it is.

cerakote, what color black on their color palette would match the original factory slide color. there's a few different hues. just want to know what i'm asking for after having work done on a slide. lead time sending it back to ga is a bit long so cerakote it is.

There are at least 5 different glock finishes around (and seemingly difficult to correlate to any given year) so good luck with that. IMHO the best looking is the black currently in use on gen5s but it really doesn't matter to me. It's kind of like a smooth almost matte black type deal. Like real black, not gray or charcoal etc.

-Mike

There are at least 5 different glock finishes around (and seemingly difficult to correlate to any given year) so good luck with that. IMHO the best looking is the black currently in use on gen5s but it really doesn't matter to me. It's kind of like a smooth almost matte black type deal. Like real black, not gray or charcoal etc.

-Mike
oh shit! never gave a thought to the color vs. generation thing. i'm doing a gen 2 slide but honestly by eye, finish looks identical to my 3's and 4's. i've never laid eyes on a 5 in person. maybe plan b, send it back for factory refinish.

oh shit! never gave a thought to the color vs. generation thing. i'm doing a gen 2 slide but honestly by eye, finish looks identical to my 3's and 4's. i've never laid eyes on a 5 in person. maybe plan b, send it back for factory refinish.

Gen2 is more likely to be some kind of dull gray finish but some guy will come in here and probably post a pick of a gen2 with a shiny black slide.... [rofl]

Actually now that I think of it, my Gen 2 Glock 19 had a shiny black slide on it too! but I had others like my G20 that, at the time, had a dull gray slide, etc.

-Mike

i'll make it into a tori nonaka tribute gun and color it purple. problem solved. [laugh]

IJECXZU5FZB4MMBINMHW4KXCUI.jpg

Gen2 is more likely to be some kind of dull gray finish but some guy will come in here and probably post a pick of a gen2 with a shiny black slide.... [rofl]

Actually now that I think of it, my Gen 2 Glock 19 had a shiny black slide on it too! but I had others like my G20 that, at the time, had a dull gray slide, etc.

-Mike

<raising hand>; yep. The first Glock I bought was a Gen 2 Glock 34, and it has a black slide. No question about memory - it's in my safe.

My gen 2 is very much on the grey end of the spectrum. But mine has been through the wringer and there is a great deal of wear. Still, the unworn areas way more grey than black.

My gen 2 g23 is wearing graphite black. That was a very close match to factory. Keep in mind there’s room to play with the mixture. It can lean towards glossy or look more flat like anodizing.

I think the perception of color on any handgun changes with lighting, mainly due to white balance of the source light. So a gun outside in soft daylight will look a lot different than a gun indoors with cold lighting (like LED's or commercial tube fluorescent). That being said, I did find this picture of all the standard 17's. Gen 2 seems a little bluer than the Gen 1, but both seem to lean towards graphite black. It's honestly really subtle between Gen 1 through Gen 4. Gen 5 is definitely a truer black though.

maxresdefault.jpg

Back
Top Bottom