• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Another Gas Scare...

As an aside, Conoco / Phillips is very anti- 2nd. They fired many employees for legally possessing firearms stored and locked in their personal vehicles after a "tip" and conducting (what I consider illegal) searches of said vehicles.

TonyD said:
As an aside, Conoco / Phillips is very anti- 2nd. They fired many employees for legally possessing firearms stored and locked in their personal vehicles after a "tip" and conducting (what I consider illegal) searches of said vehicles.

FWIW, I prefer to buy from Shell and Mobil. They both use oil from the Americas (Venezuela and Alaska).

At least I know they aren't stabbing me in the back.

And I heard that also about Conoco. Public parking lots, definitely ILLEGAL searches. They can keep their oil and gas.

They were on premises. However, a locked personal vehicle is an extension of ones home and persoanl property. This is were some are trying to create a grey area that does not exist.

While most of us are diligent to the erosion of our 2nd Amendment rights, few of us realize the ongoing erosion of our 4th.

IIRC, the American Rifleman covered this and said they were Public Access parking lots. Not public property, but search and seizure laws are the same as a street, I believe.

Nickle said:
TonyD said:
While most of us are diligent to the erosion of our 2nd Amendment rights, few of us realize the ongoing erosion of our 4th.

+1 on that. My BIGGEST beef with the Patriot Act is the trashing of the 4th Ammendment.

As well as, random DUI check points. Again, SWAT magazine, a pro LEO publication, spoke of the unConstitutionality of this and drug dogs being allowed to sniff (search) your vehicle.

Just because SCOTUS rules against the true meaning of the Constitution doesn't make it "legal". Can anyone say, "Imminent Domain"?

TonyD said:
As well as, random DUI check points.

Can anyone say, "Imminent Domain"?

DUI checkpoints. Very TIGHT restrictions on them in Vermont. They've been found in violation of the State Constitution, but are allowed under the guise of "Safety Checks" with very heavy restrictions as to where, how, how often, and which cars to stop.

Needless to say, if you're in VT on a Fri or Sat evening and have a light out, you WILL get stopped, if seen.

"Imminient Domain". Thanks to the help of the original Liberal (from NY, no less), FDR. He helped set that up in the 1930's, believe it or not.

SCOTUS upholding the Constitution?

We all do know that NFA 1934, GCA 1968 and several other "laws" are clearly unconstitutional, right?

In fact Federal Income Tax isn't completely Constitutional.

Sorry, you're right. One thing relevant is taxes, especially punitive taxes.

I also saw a reference to gas taxes being percentage. Wrong, I believe, they're priced per gallon, not by percentage.

Nickle said:
Sorry, you're right. One thing relevant is taxes, especially punitive taxes.

I also saw a reference to gas taxes being percentage. Wrong, I believe, they're priced per gallon, not by percentage.

I thought so, to. They are by percentage. Look up your tax laws to verify.

C-pher said:
Are they public lots? I know that a lot of our offices we own the land. So, our lots are company owned. Therefore you need to follow the same rules in the lots as you do in the office.

IIRC, the lots were company owned, but parking was not limited to employees and customers/visitors, so pretty much anyone would legally park there. The real stink for Conoco/Philips came about when they filed suit to overturn the Oklahoma law that removed any legal sanctions for violating company "no guns" signs/rules. Not content to fire people, it seems they also want to have them jailed.

Ken

Nickle said:
dwarven1 said:
So what stations does Conoco/Phillips own? I think that I need to avoid them out of principle.

Conoco

Phillips 66

I haven't seen one in the North East US, yet. They are down South, though.

Well, I'd heard of Phillips 66, but I've never heard of Conoco. Well, I'm good then. Won't buy from either of them, nope!

Back
Top Bottom