Another example of a lame Mass law in action

Just got a call from a friend while at Bass Pro in Foxboro and they would not sell him bullets or powders because he was a NH resident (although he just moved there from MA)a few months ago.

I know there is a law and I am sure someone will post the Mass law that shows you need to provide an FID or LTC to purchase ammo or components.

Mass just lost out on that tax revenue. I guess he has no choice but to go to NH and buy tax free. Way to go Deval and Martha.

Just got a call from a friend while at Bass Pro in Foxboro and they would not sell him bullets or powders because he was a NH resident (although he just moved there from MA)a few months ago.

I know there is a law and I am sure someone will post the Mass law that shows you need to provide an FID or LTC to purchase ammo or components.

Mass just lost out on that tax revenue. I guess he has no choice but to go to NH and buy tax free. Way to go Deval and Martha.

Why attempt to give more money to this state as a non-resident? That's exactly what we don't want, so we can get people on the sales-tax repeal ballot in a month. As for the needing an LTC thing, yep. That's the way things are around here, pilgrim.

Here, have a free turkey. We gots lots of them here. Both on the hills in rural MA, and over there at Beacon. But only one of those types tastes like chicken. The other simply IS chicken.

After my initial shock (don't know why) I was thrilled because he would buy in NH tax free. The check out girl said it was lame too but the camera above her register was watching. She also expressed she couldn't wait to get out of MA.

I am confused, is he a former MA resident who now lives in MA or the other way around? If he now lives in NH he needs a Non-Resident License to carry in order to bring a gun into MA. I am not sure if said license allows him to buy ammo and powder in MA though.

Even so, why the hell would you want to buy ANYTHING in MA if you live in NH?

NR permits allow POSSESSION ONLY in MA!

Can't buy anything in MA even with a NR LTC. That was the Simons Rock Law passed ~10 years ago.

Closer to 20 years ago, and the law has worked perfectly. Wayne Lo hasn't managed to shoot a single person since then. [rolleyes]

Ken

Back
Top Bottom