• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Another C&R eligible gun

I'd get both. Unless you want a CZ82 to keep and never shoot, to me having 2 is overkill when the CZ52 is still available at a good price. They won't be around forever and once they start dwindling the prices will rise fast. They're already a lot more than what I paid for one a little over a year ago.

Well I just ordered 1 CZ-82 it was in stock and will ship today. I paid $10.00 extra for Hand Picked. I am new to the Surplus stuff, so I figured for the extra $10 maybee I would get a better looking gun. or I just wasted $10. If it goes well I may order a CZ-52 but I figured for the fist purchase I should try one. Now I bought it with a C&R so I believe all I have to do when it gets here is Log it into my C&R bound Book, and file an FA-10 with the state of Ma. Is this correct?

I know several of you already own or have recently purchased ... if possible please pm a trusted company that charges a fair price for these.

Now I bought it with a C&R so I believe all I have to do when it gets here is Log it into my C&R bound Book, and file an FA-10 with the state of Ma. Is this correct?

Exactly correct (FA-10 as "registration" per instructions on the form's cover sheet).

Congrats.

Well I just ordered 1 CZ-82 it was in stock and will ship today. I paid $10.00 extra for Hand Picked. I am new to the Surplus stuff, so I figured for the extra $10 maybee I would get a better looking gun. or I just wasted $10. If it goes well I may order a CZ-52 but I figured for the fist purchase I should try one. Now I bought it with a C&R so I believe all I have to do when it gets here is Log it into my C&R bound Book, and file an FA-10 with the state of Ma. Is this correct?

The hand pick was worth it for me. I ordered one and had a friend order one a day or so after. I paid the handpick, he didn't. When mine came it was mint, no wear, nothing wrong at all. His came in with just a little paint flaking, but he ordered another one and paid handpick on the second.[wink]

I will keep you guys posted when I get mine, and let you know what the condition is. I am going to have to get some ammo so I can shoot it when it comes in.

Recieved my CZ-82 Today, all in all it is in nice condition, it could be better, but I am pleased with it. There are a few spots where the black paint has worn completely away, most noticable on the front strap, probably from hitting the mag in the holster. The bore was fairly dirty, and the feed ramp has a heavy layer of rust on it, I soaked it down with break Free and will clean it tonight when I get home from work. I cant wait to shoot it, the Trigger pull feels very nice, I mean real nice.. This might become my new cary gun. Althought I might look a little silly with that holster.

Recieved my CZ-82 Today, all in all it is in nice condition, it could be better, but I am pleased with it. There are a few spots where the black paint has worn completely away, most noticable on the front strap, probably from hitting the mag in the holster. The bore was fairly dirty, and the feed ramp has a heavy layer of rust on it, I soaked it down with break Free and will clean it tonight when I get home from work. I cant wait to shoot it, the Trigger pull feels very nice, I mean real nice.. This might become my new cary gun. Althought I might look a little silly with that holster.

Give me the old range report if she cleans up properly for ya.

Glad you got one but I'd at least call back and explain what you found on the gun as far as rust, flaking paint, and ask if the handpick fee could be refunded.

I had to return my first CZ82 and just got the replacement today. This one has a bit more wear, scratches, and flaking but functions much better. I had to shave a little off the corner of the grip to get the safety to work but otherwise it seems like a good little shooter.

If someone could PM me on which company will sell these to a C&R here in MA, I'd appreciate it. I've been thinking I hadn't used my C&R in a while, but hadn't seen anything affordable that I wanted, or didn't have already. I finally seem to have cured myself of buying right handed bolt action C&R's.

Thanks

Range Report:
Took it to the range with 2 full boxes of S&B 9x18. Test fired from about 25' the double action trigger is a long pull but not terribly bad, and the single action trigger is also a long pull but it is smooth and fairly light.
@ 25' it was easy to do 3" groups which is about the extent of my current skills, I do not do alot of target shooting theese days, so I was very happy with the accuracy. Felt recoil is more than my .32 seecamp, but less than my Sig p232. most likley due to the weight of the CZ-82, the gun is heavy, but to me that means it is built solid, and I like that. All in all I think it is a great gun, and I will bring it with me on camping/motorcycle trips ect, where I dont care if it gets a little scratched up ect. Also I have ordered some Duracoat HK black and may repaint it. I have been wanting to try the Duracoat, any suggestions for or against. As far as the overall opinion of the gun I am glad to own it, and if funds were no option I would order another one.

Also I have ordered some Duracoat HK black and may repaint it. I have been wanting to try the Duracoat, any suggestions for or against. As far as the overall opinion of the gun I am glad to own it, and if funds were no option I would order another one.

I've thought of ordering another to keep the one I have mint. I must have gotten lucky for my handpick because the one I got looks like it was never carried or fired.
Call me odd but I'm a purist when it comes to military guns and unless I could find exactly what they used in the Czech armory where it was made, I'd leave it be. IMO if you really want to refinish one with Duracoat, wait untill you can afford another and refinish whichever one that has more wear. That way you can keep the nicer one original and collectable.

Yeah I thought maybee I should not paint it. And I might order another one, and just paint one of them.

There is a member (TTH I think) that posted on the Makarov forum at Gunboards that he refinished his Bulgarian Malarov....Duracoat. He has Duracoated several Maks, P-64s was working on a Garrand (ruining it in my opinion) and says he finished his CZ-82 but hasn't posted picturers of it yet. There a pictures of the Mak and I think P64...they look fabulous!!

He followed instructions by disassembling, media-blasting the old finish off, parkerizing and then spraying with Duracoat. Lots of work, cost, skill to disassemble and re-assemble but it looks worth it. I'd love to have my CZ-82 duracoated...I love this pistol!

Good luck.

There is a member (TTH I think) that posted on the Makarov forum at Gunboards that he refinished his Bulgarian Malarov....Duracoat. He has Duracoated several Maks, P-64s was working on a Garrand (ruining it in my opinion) and says he finished his CZ-82 but hasn't posted picturers of it yet. There a pictures of the Mak and I think P64...they look fabulous!!

He followed instructions by disassembling, media-blasting the old finish off, parkerizing and then spraying with Duracoat. Lots of work, cost, skill to disassemble and re-assemble but it looks worth it. I'd love to have my CZ-82 duracoated...I love this pistol!

Good luck.

I did the same thing with my CZ-52 (hell... it only cost me $129.00), except that I used matte black Gun Kote instead. I also replaced the brown bakelite grips with a new set of black plastic grips. It came out really nice looking. [smile]

Tip... if detail stripping a CZ-52 for refinishing, be prepared for a lot of @#&*@!!* when trying to reinstall the hammer spring (ask me how I know). [wink]

I just received my second CZ82 its the second batch and i picked the hand picked one for the very first time i paid the fee. I received a brand new excellent cz82 for my collection. The first one will be my new carry gun. I'd like to get a few more before they runout or the prices go up.

I think the CZ line of pistols is as good as it gets in quality and price wise too. I think there the best bang for our buck in pistols.

I have used brownells aluma-coat on my french 49/56 in 308 to touch up the worn gray park finish and it looks like new again. Its perfect and matches the orginal finish.

Last edited:
Where to get a CZ82?

Like the other poster, I'd appreciate a PM about where one can order a CZ-82 on a C&R FFL from Massachusetts. The sticking point is the magazine. I've seen it in two fliers, one of which says categorically "no high-capacity magazines to MA" and the other wanted me to send my "high-capacity magazine permit." (I'll try the second place again after they've had a chance to update my file from the letter I just sent ... and can PM who it is if I have any luck the second time around ... but just in case, if there's another place to go it would be good to know.)

Come on guys/gals don't wait till we hit the bottom of the barrel on these awesome pistols get one soon!!!! Get the hand pick and get one with no hand pick this way you have a shooter and a good one for your collection.

I cleared up my problem about the "high-capacity magazine permit." It was already part of the standard, necessary photocopies of licenses I'd sent--but someone hadn't put in the "high capacity permit" info when they updated my file. It took a few minutes on hold, but my sales rep finally was able to clear that up.

So I now have a CZ-82. A nicely designed gun from what I've seen so far. My copy has a bare spot on the front strap just below the trigger guard (I wonder why--it's really bare in just one spot, not just a little worn), and I wish the importer's stamp had disturbed the finish around the stamped letters a little less, but I'm happy, and this breaks a long C&R dry spell for me.

Back
Top Bottom