• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Another C&R eligible gun

SKS Ray

NES Member
Saw this on a site that doesn't ship to Mass. :

Czech CZ-82 12rd 9x18 Pistol Now 03 C&R!

I'm also seeing people selling Romanian TT-33 pistols for sale on auction sites listed as C&R. Could it be that we'll finally have some new psitols to buy up now that everybody has a CZ52 and Nagant revolver? [grin]

That's odd. Wasn't the CZ-82 aka VZ-82 designed in 1982? It was in use throughout the 80's, so I'm not sure how it could be C&R already. It would be nice if it was, though!

Price and what website (I assume that would be kosher since they don't ship to MA anyways)?

Last edited:
That's odd. Wasn't the CZ-82 aka VZ-82 designed in 1982? It was in use throughout the 80's, so I'm not sure how it could be C&R already. It would be nice if it was, though!
A gun can be C&R if A) it's over 50 years old OR B) if the BATF puts it on the Curios or Relics list.

For example, the .44 and .357 AutoMag (there was a .357 AutoMag????) are listed as a curio or relic, and they were manufactured from 1969 through 1985.

A quick Google search shows three dealers listing the CZ82 as C&R. One doesn't ship to MA, but I think at least one of the others does.

Gary

Heres a post from Gunboards made by Dennis Kroh replying to a WTS post concerning a CZ-82 pistol:

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by The Mr Mitch

A 1986 CZ82 is C&R eligible? Please enlighten me on that and maybe we could deal. Thanks!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Th CZ82 i indeed C&R eligible. . . I have personal confirmation from ATF technology branch and I would not lie about anything like that.

Brad, I will buy all you have remaining @ $200 FTF if you wish to finance your new project.

Denny~~~~~

Dennis Kroh

It won't be shipped to MA because it takes a 12-rd mag. Go to aimsurplus.com and it says on there no shipping to MA. As for the Romanian TTs, they are not being sold by distributors as C&R, but some are over 50 years old, thus individuals who buy them can resell them as C&R.

PM sent gws.
FWIW, I've heard from a few folks I know why some Massachusetts residents get turned down for ordering C&R eligible guns. A lot of places now are requiring you to fax a copy of your Mass FID, LTC along with your C&R. I do this every time I send in a copy.

I just jumped on one and it should be here tomorrow!!!!! If i like it there maybe more on the way too. The CZ82 in 9mm mak should look good with my CZ83 in 9mm mak, CZ85DB in 9mm luger and my CZ83 in 380acp.

Don't forget that awesome 1911a1 made right here in your home state too my new auto-ordnance army ww2 copy is the best new 1911a1 i have ever owned. I had new colts and springers that weren't this good. My hats off to the people at auto-ordnance for manufacturing a dependable and reliabile 1911a1. Its MASS. compliant too.

You can't pass up these afforable quality pistols at such silly used prices too when there still in new condition(CZ83's & CZ85's) besides the CZ82's too. We were just shooting my CZ85 and my norinco 1911a1 at 70yds this weekend. There was a guy with a ar15 trying to hit a piece of paper on the berm with a scope so we had to shoot it with the handguns just for ha's ha's. I did notice my 9mm shoots about two feet low at 100yds. I like to practice longer handgun shots too. I know my 44mag can do it but thats too easy.

Last edited:
My CZ82 showed up today and its a purdy one too. It has very little holster wear. Its double action on the first shot just like my CZ83's are too. It has the laynard, the cleaning rod, a great looking soft leather holster and an extra mag too. It also has the amberdexterious safety lever( i hope i spelled it right but you guys know what i mean) too. The grips look flawless too. I rate the bluing at about 99%.

Last edited:
A friend of mine just got his today and it came with a soft camo holster and all the goodies. I might have to see if I can track down one of the camo holsters on E Bay because I got the traditional leather with Czech stampings. Its just cool to have extra goodies.[smile]

A friend of mine just got his today and it came with a soft camo holster and all the goodies. I might have to see if I can track down one of the camo holsters on E Bay because I got the traditional leather with Czech stampings. Its just cool to have extra goodies.[smile]

I got the surplus bug again and its worse than ever. I been drooling over the CZ82 I just received and i think it needs a twin soon too.

I got my CZ-82 yesterday. Thank god for C&R licenses. Its a great gun, very solid and well made, though a bit on the heavy side for small pistol. Mine has little wear, and seems not to have been fired much. Now if I can only find a place that sells 9x18 ammo.

Is anyone concerned about the hi capacity mags that are the norm with the CZ 82? 12 round mags! These may have been manufactured prior to 1994(?) but don't they have to have been owned with the weapon in state prior not just manufactured? Hi cap mags are not just illegal to buy or sell but just to possess!

Opinions are welcome!!

I picked up a CZ 82 but got new 10 round mags for the CZ 83 that work with it.

Did I get a lemon?!?

I just got my CZ82 today and at first was very impressed with the condition. The finish is in great shape and has hardly any signs of wear.
Functioning so far has been a dissapointment.

First the trigger: (Dry fire only)
Double action only seems two work properly left handed or by putting pressure on the left side of the trigger. Pulling the trigger normaly the hammer goes back but does not release until the trigger is released part way forward.
In single action I can feel it break but the hammer seems to stay "connected" to the trigger. The trigger pushes my finger forward as the hammer falls.
And the mag release:
The ambidextrous mag release is so hard and sticky I usualy need to hold the gun in both hands to get the mag out. Sometimes it will not release from the right side at all. I certainly wouldn't trust it for ccw.

If anyone has any insight into these issues I'd love to hear them. I was planning to shoot it this weekend but now wonder if I should call the distributer instead.

I am a C&R Lic Holder, and was having trouble deciding between the CZ-52, and the CZ-82. Does anyone have experience with both, or is the CZ-82 just a better choice because it is a newer design? Also who is the supplier that will ship to Ma. I just got a few flyers, but before I start making calls If someone could save me some time and email me the name of a supplier that ships to ma, it would be great. Thanks...

Back
Top Bottom