• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Another "bring your gun to store day" backfires

That response is just damage control by the restaurant. They want to keep customers on both sides of the debate. Regardless, it's still a move in the wrong direction.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

There's more to this story.

The initial police/news reports, claimed that the employees hid in the freezer out of fear for their lives.

The truth is, that never happened...

Sergeant Raymond Bush of the Fort Worth Police Department in Texas told the Examiner Monday that statements regarding employees locking themselves in a freezer at a Jack in the Box establishment in Texas were "taken out of context."

The story, first reported at a local NBC affiliate, written by Ken Kalthoff, created a media firestorm and was used by Bloomberg's "Moms Demand Action" gun control group to pressure Jack in the Box and Home Depot (where members of Open Carry Texas were demonstrating) to disallow open carry demonstrations on their premises.

The original news story reported that employees "were scared about the armed men protesting outside of the restaurant." Kalthoff cited an email from Sgt. Bush that quotes him as saying, “They locked themselves inside a freezer for protection out of fear the rifle-carrying men would rob them...” Moms Demand Action started an aggressive social media campaign, releasing a statement that said in part that the companies are subjecting customers “in search of building parts or burgers, to the potential for bullets.”

The statement laments,

Texas moms were saddened to hear that, according to Fort Worth police, employees of the Jack In The Box were terrified of the armed group and even locked themselves in a walk-in freezer to protect themselves – and we can’t help but wonder, ‘what if one of our teenagers worked there?’"

ABC News declared, "Gun Advocates Spook Fast Food Workers Into Hiding in Freezer," and quoted Sergeant Bush as saying, “The employees were in fear for their lives.”

But Jack in the Box management disputed the claim. Jack in the Box’s President of Corporate Communications told the New York Times,

“Our employees told us that they did not hide in the freezer.”

As reported at Tavern Keepers, Jack In The Box Director of Asset Protection Gene James said,

“What I can raise my hand on and swear to an oath is that what I was told by my employees is that they did not seek refuge in the freezer. On its face, the freezer thing make no sense.”

http://www.examiner.com/article/exc...ush-says-freezer-comment-taken-out-of-context

That response is just damage control by the restaurant. They want to keep customers on both sides of the debate. Regardless, it's still a move in the wrong direction.

What did you think they were going to do? It's a total non statement, just like Starbucks. It might as well say "Please, stop going full retard."

-Mike

- - - Updated - - -

Ralston Purina owns Jack in the Box..

'nuff said [puke]

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not seeing anything from JITB about this policy, or any statements about firearms. I'm wondering if they just told this to the moms to shut them up and get them to leave.

Moms: "We demand that you ban firearms at your business."
JITB: "Sure, whatever. We'd prefer it if people didn't bring firearms here."
Moms: "Great, that settles it. We win!!!" <they walk away>
JITB: "Wow, they really are that gullible. We won't be having any changes in policy around here. Hey Bill, copy this and send it to all our locations. It's instructions on how to shut the moms up if they ever come back."

The facts do not matter to the 60% who are not gun owners. It is perception whcih is what Bloomey is aiming for. The NRA should counter with like Ads that show indeed you can carry in JITB and its not illegal. Of course having a guy with an AR slung over his shoulder in line would not be the way to. Rather just a pic of say a Dad and his daughter with the caption "I carry because my familys protection is my duty" One day the gun orgs will hire a good marketing person

Sent from the blind

What did you think they were going to do? It's a total non statement, just like Starbucks. It might as well say "Please, stop going full retard."

-Mike

- - - Updated - - -

The response is predictable. The point is that it was a dumb idea to begin with, just like the Starbucks thing.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:
Seriously, Are any of you going to give up your right at any time to protect your family or your self based on what you are aware of today?

The gubberment is broke and running out of free money to give away even at Odumbo's level
Odumbo released 40,000 criminals back into your cities and towns and continues to not enforce the law along with the AG.
The IRS and Media is attacking every Conservative group under the sun as racist and radical
Islam fundamentalism is acceptable and off topic for media but "in god we trust" is not
Every kid is in debt up to his ass and half are incapable of any meaningful performance at 22 and live at home until they are 28 or more.
Schools no longer give a rats ass about what you think about what they teach
Parents no longer have the ultimate rights in decisions about the health of their children when the state steps in
The government tracks your internet, license plates, phones, financial activity....

This is not freedom!

Islam fundamentalism is acceptable and off topic for media but "in god we trust" is not !

Hey, leave me out of it!

Seriously though, good post. The libtards are playing for the long haul. They know they can't change things now, but in 50 years, this country is going to look a lot different than it does today.

I still think it is complete jackassery to sling an AR and waddle your fat ass into a JITB to thank some 16 year old pimple face cashier for supporting the 2A.

I wonder *how many* of these event are organized by people that secretly advocate gun control?

At first I thought this, but then I figured out the reality, that there are a bunch of gun owners who consider themselves activists but they're just really ****ing stupid about how they conduct themselves. It's kinda like having a bunch of car enthusiasts petitioning for an elimination of speed limits on divided highways... you'd have one group of "professional" drivers trying to sell this and then there is going to be a group of clowns that think its cool to hold signs while laying down burnouts in front of the local daycare center, covering the soccer
moms in clouds of rubber smoke.

What's that saying, although somewhat overused.... "There is a time and a place for everything." VCDL used open carry of handguns as a rather successful tool in changing public opinion and getting the laws changed. The thing is, they did it in a very organized, calculated manner, in a state (VA) that normally is pretty friendly to gun rights on the whole. Instead of just showing up at a restaurant or something ahead of time with a bunch of armed people, they called the restaurant owner to make sure it was OK before having an OC dinner there. When the manager and the waitstaff are "cool with it" then you set the stage- one where the anti gun people who complain about "why do you allow those people here carrying guns while they eat" are cast as the irrational idiots and not the group of well dressed people carrying guns. I think that activists need to measure the pulse and the locale before they set out to do things like this, and make a cost/benefit calculation. If more RKBA activists did this kind of thing, we'd have FAR more success and less setbacks like this and the starbucks crap.

-Mike

Back
Top Bottom