• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Another Bout of Collectors Disease - Mauser!

USMA-82

NES Member
OK, this time it didn't jump out and grab me. I was doing my usual unauthorized perusal of the various used gun lists on the internet, when I saw an entry for an 8mm Yugoslavian M24/52c Mauser. Doing some quick research, I found very little about it, other than the fact that folks who had them loved them. They were also for sale at Samcoglobal.

Long story, short - paid a little visit to the Collector's Gallery in Stoneham:

YugoM24-52cMauser1.jpg

YugoM24-52cMauser3.jpg

YugoM24-52cMauser2.jpg

YugoM24-52cMauser4.jpg

Quick history for those of you not familiar with this rifle. It is actually a Czech Vz-24 that was somehow transferred to Yugoslavia after WWII (war reparations) and rearsenaled around 1952 - hence the M24/52 designation. The "c" at the end is for Czechoslavakia.

It is a full-size action mauser with a 23" barrel and the usual ramp-style rear sight. The nice thing about this one is that all component serial numbers match.

I saw that the rifle was going for $139.95 at Samco, and then you can add shipping to that. So I thought the $150 price at Collector's was worth it.

Best part was buying it with the C&R license. Two minutes of paperwork, and I was out of there!

mauser disease

anymore like that one at collectors??? not like i am going to run right
down @ 0905AM on Monday [lol] to get one!
but it is a thought [roll]

thanks S.D.

Check out their "Used Gun" list on the website frequently. They keep it fairly well updated. There was at least one other Mauser there last week, a bunch of nice looking Mosin Nagants, and miscellaneous other Milsurps.

Great rifles, I picked one up from Terry G. at one of the first gun shows I went to years ago. Gotta love em when they're squeaky clean like that. A good investment for any collection and a step in preserving history. [wink]

Dang, that looks familiar...I had traded one in to Collectors a few years ago after finding a nicer one. Is the s/n P103xx? I might still have a bayonet around for it, mis-matched numbers though.

Wherewolf:

I think we have a match! I just ordered a bayonet for it, but I'm not sure it is the correct one. I may be interested in getting yours if the one on route is wrong.

Hey - I haven't shot it yet. Any range info you'd like to share?

Thanks!

Ken

Back
Top Bottom