• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Another AR question

Ok I'm thinking about this stock.. Seems much lighter.
BCM™ Milspec M4 Stock (Generation 2 type / USGI M4) it comes with a carbine buffer but upgradable to a H, H2, H3 buffers. Don't know the difference in the buffers. Can anyone explain?

Ok I'm thinking about this stock.. Seems much lighter.
BCM™ Milspec M4 Stock (Generation 2 type / USGI M4) it comes with a carbine buffer but upgradable to a H, H2, H3 buffers. Don't know the difference in the buffers. Can anyone explain?

Personally, I like the MagPul stocks a lot more. Especially the CTR stock.

The different weight buffers can help slow down the cycle rate of the rifle. It can also help to reduce felt recoil to the shooter. I would suggest starting with the standard (3oz) weight and see IF you need to change it.

Personally, I like the MagPul stocks a lot more. Especially the CTR stock.

The different weight buffers can help slow down the cycle rate of the rifle. It can also help to reduce felt recoil to the shooter. I would suggest starting with the standard (3oz) weight and see IF you need to change it.
The CTR was the first one I looked at... I liked them also

I got in on the group buy for a CTR and ACS stock... [smile] Good discount levels over normal, plus no shipping costs. I can pick up the rest of the parts at my own pace and not worry about it.
I just checked the group buy it was $58 and I found it on BCMs web site for $59 plus shipping..

I just checked the group buy it was $58 and I found it on BCMs web site for $59 plus shipping..

Yup, $58 with no shipping costs... IF we had managed to get it rolling sooner, it would have been $54. Oh well. Still, if you're not ordering anything else from BCM at the same time, the shipping turns that $59 to $65-$68. If you're also getting more items from them, then it makes it more worth it.

Personally, I'd get the CTR even at $59. It's really that good of a stock. You can add one of their thicker pads onto it later, if you want, easily. I'm actually getting two of the enhanced pads with my order, one per stock.

I now have everything except for charging handle and Muzzle device... I just bought an Eotech 522 for it also and looking into a magnifier to add to it..

Get a BCM Mod4 or Mod3 charging handle (the Mod3 is the largest). The 'training' models are good to go. I got one in my 300 Blk pistol and it works just fine. At ~$25 each, it's a really good deal.

All I have to do is install the brake and the pin the stock.. Need to shoot it a few times before deciding where to pin it..also need to tighten down the gas block. Here it is

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    184.8 KB · Views: 17
Back
Top Bottom