• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Another AR question

SKS Ray

NES Member
Ok the sky is falling, or most likely will be falling sometimes in the near future. I would like to get an AR rifle eventually but money is tight and birthdays and christmas are coming so my wallet will be taking a beating for a few months to come. Unfortunately with the rumors of what could be banned during the first quarter of the new year my wanting an AR situation is kinda bleak.
One idea I had is getting a basic but reliable and well made receiver to eventually build on. I'm sure uppers, barrels, handguards, etc. will be available for a while but the lower will need an FFL and would be a part I'd be getting soon, plus should be fairly affordable on most anyone's budget.
Any ideas? Take into consideration I'm totally green on AR rifles.

I'd just order a striped receiver. You might be able to go in on a large order and get 10 or more at a slight discount. If you want to be real trick, have them engraved with a northeastshooters.com logo.

These guys do some pretty kewl stuff.

http://www.orion-arms.com/custom.php

I will most likely be getting another stripped lower in the near future to build an m4gery on. My Varmint build was done on a Stag lower. It is good fit and finish.

Nearly finished varmint build.

DSCF0375.JPG

I picked up a stripped Rock River lower from a Ma. dealer at the Marlboro show for $115.00. IIRC, he was also selling Stag lowers for $105.00. I waiting on a pre94 Colt lower that's coming in.[smile]

Back
Top Bottom