Another Anti-gun Gun Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just curious. I don't have a problem with either side in this "mini debate" but would those who are upset with the poster for saying he has a problem with a biblical reference in a store name...

Would you be as supportive of the business if it was called "Qu'ran Arms"

thanks, not quite my line of reasoning, but logical nonetheless

Just my two cents but if the shop owner thinks MA. conducts firearms sales correctly maybe he should check the national data on states that provide information to NICS. MA. is last in the nation. Don't get me wrong I am NOT for providing the government with ANY information but when you make a statement that MA conducts firearms sales correctly is IMHO Bull@$%*.

If I have proof of I.D. then I should be able to buy a firearm. PERIOD!

If you want a great read pick up Emily gets her Gun. Or check out the U Tube video of her with Piss Morgan, she states clearly MA is the worst in the country when it comes to providing NICS with information and in her book states MA has some of the strictest gun laws in the country. She lives in D.C. and what she went thru to obtain a firearm that CAN NOT be carried is just pure nuts. Sorry I digress.

just in case your interested:
http://dailycaller.com/2013/09/10/book-review-emily-gets-her-gun/

Last edited:
i agree to some point, first the comment made here is accurate for the most part, the other is there is no draft, so many young ones

have no exposure to guns. i was brought up in a family where no one hunted or shot. for someone to go to a gun store

with no knowledge could be dangerous. i never saw a gun until i got to boot camp.

Since they are members here, has anyone PM'd them that they might want to take a peek in at this thread?

I talked to him on the phone.

Not for nothing but he woks at the shop tuesday-saturday. From sunrise to sunset.

I sure he is spending time with his family today.

You have people that Actually go to the shop posting in this thread and sharing there expirences.

And then you have others just judging the shop from what the Herald said.

i agree to some point, first the comment made here is accurate for the most part, the other is there is no draft, so many young ones

have no exposure to guns. i was brought up in a family where no one hunted or shot. for someone to go to a gun store

with no knowledge could be dangerous. i never saw a gun until i got to boot camp.

Join a Sportsman club is one way to learn about firearms, hunting etc.. Most provide training if you ask. I understand your point but there are other alternatives than the Goverment, state or federal. JMO.

he's a gun shop owner opening in hostile territory. I can't blame him if he's towing the line given the maggots in government whod think nothing of finding a way to screw with his business for uttering a criticism of how things work here.

I think they were trying to sound PC in the media. Those guys got yanked around for months before they were allowed to open.

Personally, I think he was stating that every gun shop should strive to educate their customer.

Knowing both Mike and Matt - If you are in the store, just ask. They may not have realized how their comments sounded played against our aggressive view of the subject.

Next time I see Matt or Mike, I will ask.

I have had several lengthy conversations with those guys and my anti-sense never tingled. They seem to be good guys excited about guns and the new shop. I certainly never heard anything in favor of the Ma bullshit. If anything the conversations centered around how ridiculous everything is here. I wouldn't be surprised to find out they were "creatively quoted" by the journalist.

You may want to actually go meet them before ripping them up here because of something you read in the FR Herald of all things. You may as well be basing life decisions on info from the Onion...

Im with this not to long ago the same paper ran a letter in the opinion section ripping the city for letting 2 gun shops in the south end saying it was going to increase crime. IMHO the guy who wrote it was and uneducated moonbat.

I was in the store last week and the guys were super nice, took the time to say welcome as soon as i came in even though he was helping other customers.

Knowing Matt and mike i would say its out of context.

I know the fellas over there fairly well now My wife.and her friends took a class at the shop.. I will say the quote is likely taken out of context... That's what news reporters do they chop up what you say.... They use one quote put it in "quotes" and use it as they see fit.... I am actually surprised this came out as gun friendly as it did.. Spend 10 minutes in that shop..... You will see how they feel....Its quite obvious when you look around..... Make a trip down or over

doesnt add up.............

I talked to him on the phone.

Not for nothing but he woks at the shop tuesday-saturday. From sunrise to sunset.

I sure he is spending time with his family today.

You have people that Actually go to the shop posting in this thread and sharing there expirences.

And then you have others just judging the shop from what the Herald said.
People with businesses never have a moment off, especially a new biz that took a year+ to get opened.
I hope he's carefully thinking about how to respond (or not) to this bit of silliness that's going on here.

Since they are members here, has anyone PM'd them that they might want to take a peek in at this thread?

I did hours ago as soon as the thread was started. I was hoping they would get on and head off some of this panty twisting and crying from people who have never spoken to them and just want to rely on the "quotes" from an anti rag like the herald.

I could easily see the now infamous quote being incomplete. Maybe something like. "Mass does a good job keeping guns out of the hands of criminals. But they do it by stepping on the right of everyone else." Strike the second sentence of that line and you get a completely different statement.

People here bitch HOURLY about the liberal media twisting stats, quotes, whatever. To spin a story to suit their agenda. But now for some reason when a local lib. rag does it all of a sudden it is the evil shop owner's fault. You know the guy who went out of his way to jump through many many more hoops than the rest of us will, just to open one of the most unwanted types of businesses in the state. Only to get ripped up by a dozen people who have never even spoken to him and have nothing to base their opinion on other than that article.

Call me crazy but that sounds exactly like what the antis have been doing country wide. I defy anyone on here to come step up and post one single interaction at that shop that gave them the anti impression. I have been there several times since a few months before they opened. Everyone I have talked to there was friendly, personable, and from the conversations I have had, every bit as fed up with the bullshit in this state as anyone here. If it weren't for the fact that I am leaving the state in 2 weeks that place would be a weekly hangout.

Hello NES community,

Forgive the late reply, the shop is normally closed today and a friend of mine sent me a text about this thread.

Many of the posts with this thread could not be further wrong from our actual interview with the reporter. There were several things listed in these pages from people that were taken upside down, backwards and haywire.

First off we love guns, we would not have spent the time, money and effort to open a gun shop in Massachusetts if we didn't think we could be trying to help gun owners. As an NRA instructor my stance is that safety with firearms is crucial. The last thing we need for people who don't like firearms is a reason to point and tell us responsible owners that we shouldn't own guns because of carelessness. There are plenty of news articles and YouTube videos as examples. I understand that anyone who wants an LTC must have a safety course, so therefore if you own a business "why wouldn't you offer a class."

The quote about "Massachusetts doing things right" was in reference to the Mircs system and background checks. Living in Rhode Island and having to wait 7 days to get a firearm after running my NICS is batty. It would be very convenient to have RI do a check so we could get our firearms same day like Massachusetts. I do NOT like the idea of having the Massachusetts gun registry so the state knows what I have. People made it sound like we were making new laws or regulations to curb firearms.

The quote regarding "not having to sell a gun and making a difference in someone's life is a victory" is about our charity and contributions to the community and church. I still cannot understand why people who have never met myself, the owner or have even stepped foot into my shop dislike us or our business because we're Christians. Not once in any conversation with the people or customers have we been judging, snobby, snooty, or using some "holy than though" statement or actions. We have never "pushed or crammed" our views upon anyone regardless of their religious or non-religious views.

We have always been supportive of gun right for all Americans. I did not write the gun laws, neither did anyone else in our shop. We have always and will continue to have an open door policy at Ephesian Arms. We believe in accountability, considering that I have met lots of NES Members who have come into the shop to just say hi and who have taken some time to chat with us to learn what we're about. I'm hopefully thinking that since this is the reply to this post that we would get a fair and honest evaluation from our stance. If anyone here, or any gun owner as any questions or comments regarding our practices please contact me at our shop during normal hours or send me a message her at NES.

thank you all for your time, looking forward to seeing you sometime soon.

Godspeed,
Michael

Does anyone think the Herald would do a story about anything gun related without doing a hatchet job?
Don't know the guys or the shop , but come on guys.
Taking anything you see in the Herald for the truth is like believing Obummer believes in the 2nd ammendment.
I'll wait and see what the guys have to say.

Edited : 1 minute late.

Last edited:
Here is where I will get flamed and if you feel this is a coming out or showing your colors thing, so be it. I do NOT agree MASS has it right. Having said that, I have no problem with the US being shall issue like NH, but I also do not have a problem with having to have someone demonstrate some level of proficiency in a safe gun handling course in order for a ccw permit. The course would be loading, unloading and handling. The state or certified people (NRA or what ever) could administer the class. As for the cost, I would do it for nothing if need be.

I had an open mind on this but this is what I currently think.

Why so statist?

Large quantities of "The state or certified people" are incompetent hacks. Why should us peons have to pay the state to give thier holy statist approval to exercise our rights?

Training is good. Telling me what to do is not cool. You probably think Obamacare is cool too. ;)

Hello NES community,

Forgive the late reply, the shop is normally closed today and a friend of mine sent me a text about this thread.

Many of the posts with this thread could not be further wrong from our actual interview with the reporter. There were several things listed in these pages from people that were taken upside down, backwards and haywire.

First off we love guns, we would not have spent the time, money and effort to open a gun shop in Massachusetts if we didn't think we could be trying to help gun owners. As an NRA instructor my stance is that safety with firearms is crucial. The last thing we need for people who don't like firearms is a reason to point and tell us responsible owners that we shouldn't own guns because of carelessness. There are plenty of news articles and YouTube videos as examples. I understand that anyone who wants an LTC must have a safety course, so therefore if you own a business "why wouldn't you offer a class."

The quote about "Massachusetts doing things right" was in reference to the Mircs system and background checks. Living in Rhode Island and having to wait 7 days to get a firearm after running my NICS is batty. It would be very convenient to have RI do a check so we could get our firearms same day like Massachusetts. I do NOT like the idea of having the Massachusetts gun registry so the state knows what I have. People made it sound like we were making new laws or regulations to curb firearms.

The quote regarding "not having to sell a gun and making a difference in someone's life is a victory" is about our charity and contributions to the community and church. I still cannot understand why people who have never met myself, the owner or have even stepped foot into my shop dislike us or our business because we're Christians. Not once in any conversation with the people or customers have we been judging, snobby, snooty, or using some "holy than though" statement or actions. We have never "pushed or crammed" our views upon anyone regardless of their religious or non-religious views.

We have always been supportive of gun right for all Americans. I did not write the gun laws, neither did anyone else in our shop. We have always and will continue to have an open door policy at Ephesian Arms. We believe in accountability, considering that I have met lots of NES Members who have come into the shop to just say hi and who have taken some time to chat with us to learn what we're about. I'm hopefully thinking that since this is the reply to this post that we would get a fair and honest evaluation from our stance. If anyone here, or any gun owner as any questions or comments regarding our practices please contact me at our shop during normal hours or send me a message her at NES.

Godspeed,
Michael

Orson_Welles_Citizen_Kane_clapping_.gif

Bravo...

Hello NES community,

Godspeed,
Michael
Works for me.

+1 to you and good luck with your business.

As someone who has stopped in twice now I can say, read his messege above. its a great shop and filled with EBR's so whats not to like? BTW to the people who asked earlyer, they build the AR's there and have a ?full? machine shop.

The quote about "Massachusetts doing things right" was in reference to the Mircs system and background checks.

OK so as I stated earlier, MA is LAST in the nation to provide information to NICS. So how can you sate MA is doing things right?????? Doing a NICS check on a person from MA when the Commonwealth provides ZERO information to them IMHO isn't doing it right. Its a joke to even conduct a NICS check on a resident in MA. With no information provided to the Feds then its providing nothing.

I applaud you opening a store in this god forsaken state however when I see a quote about how MA does in right I have to respectfully disagree.

They have a EOPS approved firearms roster, and a non published AGs list....that makes folks like you crazy I am sure however it is one more example on how MA is far from doing anything "right" when it comes to firearm ownership. In fact it is one of the most anti 2A states in the country. OK rant over.

Again I wish you success in your endeavor and hope to stop by your new store soon.

I was just notified of this article a short while ago after leaving a client. We (FTS Guns) have been working with and helping Matt and Mike with things with their shop while they were delayed. I can absolutely tell you that the conversations I have had with these guys is in no way what was portrayed in the context of that article. I have heard Mike state it in the past that the process to be able to walk out with a handgun the same day in MA is so much better than in RI where he lives. These guys really enjoy firearms and are not ones who should be compared to some of the "rat" shops or shops who will generally say anything to get their name in the paper. They are good businessmen so I think they may have wanted to get some free publicity for the shop but weren't quite expecting what transpired in the final article. I think they are sure to now think twice. NEVER....EVER trust a ****ing reporter and certainly not one from a liberal newspaper. I have had no problem in the past berating a shop or owner when I feel they have put themselves in front of gun owners rights but this certainly isn't one of those times.

We may not agree with the stupid laws and "safety regulations" imposed on us as shop owners but we are forced to follow these at the very lowest level we need to in order to remain in business. Anyone going above and beyond these already bullshit laws cares nothing about our rights...but that is just my .02.

Charlie

What continues to amaze me is how everyone around here distrusts the media, yet takes this story at face value. We just love to gobble up one of our own, don't we? The hypocrisy that is NES astounds me by leaps and bounds. We love to pound on our fellow 2A supporters if they don't buy into our other political agendas, we hate this guy because he uses a biblical reference to name his gun shop. His friggin' GUN shop.

The only way for you to get the facts IS GO TO THE SOURCE, otherwise believe everything you read in the media. [rolleyes]

You don't know what context the questions were asked, and how the interview was edited and neither do I.

Some of you guys would have fit right in back in Salem in the early 1690's.

Ephesian Arms! [thumbsup]

Sad you had to even address this bull$hit but no matter where you go, the masses are a$$e$.

What continues to amaze me is how everyone around here distrusts the media, yet takes this story at face value. We just love to gobble up one of our own, don't we? The hypocrisy that is NES astounds me by leaps and bounds. We love to pound on our fellow 2A supporters if they don't buy into our other political agendas, we hate this guy because he uses a biblical reference to name his gun shop. His friggin' GUN shop.

The only way for you to get the facts IS GO TO THE SOURCE, otherwise believe everything you read in the media. [rolleyes]

You don't know what context the questions were asked, and how the interview was edited and neither do I.

Some of you guys would have fit right in back in Salem in the early 1690's.

Just another note that a lot of folks are skipping right over. If you actually read the whole article, and not just the cliff notes and knee-jerk reactions:

Despite the mountains of paperwork required to buy and possess a gun in Massachusetts, the state does a good job of managing the process of background checks and applications, Ford said.

“Massachusetts really does it right,” he said. “It is not often I say that about the state. It really should be looked at as a model for the rest of the country.”

Not "I agree that these background checks are necessary." Not "Thank goodness we have an application process to weed out the undesirables."

He simply stated that the state does a good job of processing all the paperwork that is submitted. Because of course, it would be a great idea to talk **** about the FLRB and DCJIS when you've just opened a new gun store.

Put down the pitchforks until you read the whole thing.

Let me adress a few things as the guy who started this train wreck/thread. First I never called for a boycott or a lynching or anything of the sort. The title was meant as a question Because I was seeking opinions of others, as what little I knew comes from the article.
Second I would thank Mike for stepping up and posting in this thread, I will be stopping in to talk to you guys and make my own decisions.
I know how media can twist things around and it can be difficult to keep statements concise enough that they can't be misunderstood.
Sorry if I ruffled any feathers.

I know how media can twist things around and it can be difficult to keep statements concise enough that they can't be misunderstood. Sorry if I ruffled any feathers.

The same is true of this forum. Something as simple as a question mark at the end of the thread title would have given a completely different feel to everything that followed in the body of the post. Just like the "creative editing" on the part of the media that has been discussed here.

Second I would thank Mike for stepping up and posting in this thread, I will be stopping in to talk to you guys and make my own decisions.

That probably should have been step one...

His opinions on gun ownership don't bother me. If he based his shop's name on the bible, that does.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ephesus

Just because Ephesians is a book in the Bible, doesn't mean it wasn't a city long before that. I know reading can be hard, but a little knowledge can go a very long way.

Sent from my barely functioning EVO running a horribly unstable build of CM10.2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom