• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Another Anti-gun Gun Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello NES community,

Forgive the late reply, the shop is normally closed today and a friend of mine sent me a text about this thread.

Many of the posts with this thread could not be further wrong from our actual interview with the reporter. There were several things listed in these pages from people that were taken upside down, backwards and haywire.

First off we love guns, we would not have spent the time, money and effort to open a gun shop in Massachusetts if we didn't think we could be trying to help gun owners. As an NRA instructor my stance is that safety with firearms is crucial. The last thing we need for people who don't like firearms is a reason to point and tell us responsible owners that we shouldn't own guns because of carelessness. There are plenty of news articles and YouTube videos as examples. I understand that anyone who wants an LTC must have a safety course, so therefore if you own a business "why wouldn't you offer a class."

The quote about "Massachusetts doing things right" was in reference to the Mircs system and background checks. Living in Rhode Island and having to wait 7 days to get a firearm after running my NICS is batty. It would be very convenient to have RI do a check so we could get our firearms same day like Massachusetts. I do NOT like the idea of having the Massachusetts gun registry so the state knows what I have. People made it sound like we were making new laws or regulations to curb firearms.

The quote regarding "not having to sell a gun and making a difference in someone's life is a victory" is about our charity and contributions to the community and church. I still cannot understand why people who have never met myself, the owner or have even stepped foot into my shop dislike us or our business because we're Christians. Not once in any conversation with the people or customers have we been judging, snobby, snooty, or using some "holy than though" statement or actions. We have never "pushed or crammed" our views upon anyone regardless of their religious or non-religious views.

We have always been supportive of gun right for all Americans. I did not write the gun laws, neither did anyone else in our shop. We have always and will continue to have an open door policy at Ephesian Arms. We believe in accountability, considering that I have met lots of NES Members who have come into the shop to just say hi and who have taken some time to chat with us to learn what we're about. I'm hopefully thinking that since this is the reply to this post that we would get a fair and honest evaluation from our stance. If anyone here, or any gun owner as any questions or comments regarding our practices please contact me at our shop during normal hours or send me a message her at NES.

thank you all for your time, looking forward to seeing you sometime soon.

Godspeed,
Michael
Well said!! Now lets close this thread and move on.

Tje he fact that I think mandatory training/ competence test for ccw is not a bad thing

What are you basing that off of? Do states that have required training and competence testing experience significantly lower firearms accident rates than states that do not? Or is this one of those "common sense" regulations I hear so much about?

wow this thread went downhill fast

believe nothing you read & only half of what you see

as the rep from ephesian has stated what came out in the paper was not even close to what he said

i am a new shooter age 55-60

i had zero experience with firearms before the required mass course (live fire)and i took the additional nra basic pistol course before i started shooting. MY CHOICE. i just wasn't comfortable enough.

it's up to the individual to exercise personal responsibility to ensure he or she is able to handle a firearm safely & properly. keep the government out of the way it's none of their business. but we're stuck with here in mass and i haven't met a firearms dealer yet in mass who isn' t aware of the bs we all go through

as for people bashing ephesian for the bible leaning/quoting name you sound like democrats(all religions suck except for islam in their world)

what if you found out the owner of your favorit lgs went to to temple on saturday or church on sunday? would you stop buying from them?

don't like it? don't shop there

i personally will make a trip down this weekend just to show my support

Last edited:
I have no problem with a private shop being run by a religious man. And I stopped believing anything I read in the papers a long time ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom