• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Another Anti-gun Gun Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
he's hyping training to boost his business, other than that, he's a basic 'gun store'. He's looking for the edge which will bring him customers. While stating "Mass does a good job..." he should have also said they do a shitty job on the Rooster list, the AG's list, the fact you must buy a 15yo Glock and can't buy a new one, but the LEO's can!, etc. he had a bully pulpit and should have capitalized on it.

after looking at their inventory, they have Eighteen (18) AR15's in stock, manufactured by Delaware Machinery ! [thinking]

wonder who put those together....

Last edited:
The guy might have said something and/or named his shop after something you don't necessarily agree with so let's just ban/boycott everybody/everything!

"I don't like what he said." "His logo offends me."

[rolleyes]

Some of us are apparently so perfect, ultimately there will be no one you'll ever consider doing business with...and that will be your sad choice.

We can all talk a good game but when it comes down to it, there are plenty of you on here with some very sensitive skin...glass houses tossing stones...

And I'm sure my crucifixion will now begin... [popcorn]

he's hyping training to boost his business, other than that, he's a basic 'gun store'. He's looking for the edge which will bring him customers. While stating "Mass does a good job..." he should have also said they do a shitty job on the Rooster list, the AG's list, the fact you must buy a 15yo Glock and can't buy a new one, but the LEO's can!, etc. he had a bully pulpit and should have capitalized on it.

after looking at their inventory, they have Eighteen (18) AR15's in stock, manufactured by Delaware Machinery ! [thinking]

wonder who put those together....

I have three of them from the group buy a few years back. They're great lowers, tight specs and good finish quality. I use them for my service rifle competition rifles.

do you guys beleive everything the Newspaper writes? Especialy an Anti-gun Liberal newspaper like the Herald?

Pretty sure Matt did Not say that. I dont think half the stuff in that article was said.

BTW thats me on page A7

Not to split hairs here, but I think your quoted text was intended as specific to the state's background check and record keeping system "MIRCS":

I don't think it was intended as a general endorsement of all things gun-related in the PRM. I hope it wasn't anyway. [thinking]

Local gun shops say training, teaching responsibility are key parts of their operations - Fall River, MA - The Herald News

Im with this not to long ago the same paper ran a letter in the opinion section ripping the city for letting 2 gun shops in the south end saying it was going to increase crime. IMHO the guy who wrote it was and uneducated moonbat.

I was in the store last week and the guys were super nice, took the time to say welcome as soon as i came in even though he was helping other customers.

I have three of them from the group buy a few years back. They're great lowers, tight specs and good finish quality. I use them for my service rifle competition rifles.

I have one also, from the GB a couple of years ago. I'm wondering what else the DM rifle is made from, cause DM didn't assembly it?

do you guys beleive everything the Newspaper writes? Especialy an Anti-gun Liberal newspaper like the Herald?

Pretty sure Matt did Not say that. I dont think half the stuff in that article was said.

If that's the case then maybe the shop should clear the air, because the article casts them in a bad light with that comment.

-Mike

The guy might have said something and/or named his shop after something you don't necessarily agree with so let's just ban/boycott everybody/everything!

"I don't like what he said." "His logo offends me."

[rolleyes]

Some of us are apparently so perfect, ultimately there will be no one you'll ever consider doing business with...and that will be your sad choice.

We can all talk a good game but when it comes down to it, there are plenty of you on here with some very sensitive skin...glass houses tossing stones...

And I'm sure my crucifixion will now begin... [popcorn]
You won't get crucified by me.....I agree with "most" of what you say.....except my opinion is if the owner believes in the mass way of gun laws being an example for the nation he believes in infringement of my individual right and I won't give him my business. What's wrong with that?

Guy opened a gun shop in this State, filled it with ARs, and is putting his financial ass on the line. What have you done?

Having dealt with reporters as part of a town committee...often times what appears in print is not what you told the reporter. Things are often twisted to cater to their agenda....

Just because we all despise the hoops we all must jump thru does not mean that those hoops provide no benefit. Training is useful, etc, etc.

Having dealt with reporters as part of a town committee...often times what appears in print is not what you told the reporter. Things are often twisted to cater to their agenda....

Just because we all despise the hoops we all must jump thru does not mean that those hoops provide no benefit. Training is useful, etc, etc.

we've been over this hundreds of time on NES

Training is good but to force people is wrong.

Just curious. I don't have a problem with either side in this "mini debate" but would those who are upset with the poster for saying he has a problem with a biblical reference in a store name...

Would you be as supportive of the business if it was called "Qu'ran Arms"

Just curious. I don't have a problem with either side in this "mini debate" but would those who are upset with the poster for saying he has a problem with a biblical reference in a store name...

Define "supportive of the business."

Define "supportive of the business."

Any way you like... this isn't a scientific survey! :D :D :D Just a springboard for understanding why some people are upset about the name and why some are upset about people who are upset with the name.

Any way you like... this isn't a scientific survey! :D :D :D Just a springboard for understanding why some people are upset about the name and why some are upset about people who are upset with the name.

Well, I'm not going to commit to supporting or not supporting anything if you can't define what exactly that means.

I would be if they called it Arms Mecca and gave great service, good prices and supported the 2nd amendment in words and in action. Bonus points to them for service bacon at an open house

Not being in the S.E. part of the state, it's unlikely I'll make it down there, but I'm thinking the article was a hack-job by the reporter and editor. Possible they're commitment to the 2a is watered down, but I'm thinking it's more the newspaper that's the problem here.

Oh, and earlier someone said Jesus was for sword control. Not so much. Yes, Jesus commanded his Apostles to go out and get swords. Historical perspective --- He told them to go out and get Roman battle swords. It was ILLEGAL for Jews to own these swords. Yes, He told them to go out and break the law. Not comply. He'd be telling you to go out and get the full-auto carbine of your dreams if this were happening today. He then told them they had enough, because let's remember, the Apostles were packing a fully loaded Jesus. He could layeth the smacketh downeth! [smile]

Here is where I will get flamed and if you feel this is a coming out or showing your colors thing, so be it. I do NOT agree MASS has it right. Having said that, I have no problem with the US being shall issue like NH, but I also do not have a problem with having to have someone demonstrate some level of proficiency in a safe gun handling course in order for a ccw permit. The course would be loading, unloading and handling. The state or certified people (NRA or what ever) could administer the class. As for the cost, I would do it for nothing if need be.

I had an open mind on this but this is what I currently think.

Here is where I will get flamed and if you feel this is a coming out or showing your colors thing, so be it. I do NOT agree MASS has it right. Having said that, I have no problem with the US being shall issue like NH, but I also do not have a problem with having to have someone demonstrate some level of proficiency in a safe gun handling course in order for a ccw permit. The course would be loading, unloading and handling. The state or certified people (NRA or what ever) could administer the class. As for the cost, I would do it for nothing if need be.

I had an open mind on this but this is what I currently think.

What problem are you trying to address here?

I know the fellas over there fairly well now My wife.and her friends took a class at the shop.. I will say the quote is likely taken out of context... That's what news reporters do they chop up what you say.... They use one quote put it in "quotes" and use it as they see fit.... I am actually surprised this came out as gun friendly as it did.. Spend 10 minutes in that shop..... You will see how they feel....Its quite obvious when you look around..... Make a trip down or over

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom