• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Another 1911 Recommandation Post

Like my SR1911 alot. Mine is in 10mm though.
1-jpg.275314

I realize this thread is several years old at this point, but I’m surprised no one has mentioned Colt. I paid $900ish for a Competition Stainless and love it. Yes, it’s $100 over the OP’s price point, but it’s damn fine. So much so that I’m buying a Gold Cup Trophy Elite and am looking for a Delta Elite (though that’s 10mm).

I’ll love one of the Current Sigs, including their Ultra Compact, though I’m sure the Compact has one heck of a kick. I’d like plenty other 1911s too.
Don't mention colt to my buddy hell start vibrating. He got a new m45a1 a few months ago and the things a POS. Still can't get through whole magazine without failure. Been back to colt twice......and e spent like $1500 on that boat anchor.

I got a sig tacops edition 1911 back in September. I shoot it 2 -3 times a week in pin shoots plate shoots and general range practice. Has never had a malfunction......works perfectly. As accurate as any other 1911 I've ever shot.

I’ve got a Colt. While I think it is a decent gun, it isn’t any better than most of the rest of my 1911s. I certainly wouldn’t pay a premium for the Colt name.

Back
Top Bottom