• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Another ‘No Knock’ killing

What happened to surveillance and due diligence? Making sure the person they are looking for is at the residence before violating civil rights and executing innocent people. It seems like some departments are more than happy to play GI Joe with their cool toys Instead of doing actual police work. The amount of lives that are put at risk by this type of law enforcement action is mind boggling. Everyone sleeping in that thin walled apartment complex was needlessly put in danger. This man did everything right in life and that still wasn't enough. We all should be disgusted, concerned and want better from our government. No family deserves what this one is going through. No citizen deserves to die because he can't figure out what's going on in his home at 3am from a sound sleep in 10 seconds.

end the war on drugs and 95% of the no knocks go away. They can only typically justify them because they believe evidence will be destroyed if they wait upon entry.

What happened to surveillance and due diligence? Making sure the person they are looking for is at the residence before violating civil rights and executing innocent people. It seems like some departments are more than happy to play GI Joe with their cool toys Instead of doing actual police work. The amount of lives that are put at risk by this type of law enforcement action is mind boggling. Everyone sleeping in that thin walled apartment complex was needlessly put in danger. This man did everything right in life and that still wasn't enough. We all should be disgusted, concerned and want better from our government. No family deserves what this one is going through. No citizen deserves to die because he can't figure out what's going on in his home at 3am from a sound sleep in 10 seconds.

Yep.

That's about the size of it.

We've allowed militarized police to make our bed, and now we're sleeping in it. Well. I mean, we're sleeping in it if we're lucky; if we're not so lucky, we're sleeping under a blanket on the couch with the cops smashing our door open and then ventilating us.

Blm had the eyes and ears of the world last year….imagine if they had demanded the end of no-knocks and QI instead of demanding defunding? This man just might be alive today…..

It doesn’t need to be nuked, but it does need to be seriously revamped…. But the people that think everything is black & white in terms of this stuff are a huge reason I got out.
It does need to be nuked .
A simple fact of human nature since the beginning of time is that as long as people have had authority over others , that authority has been abused.
Leave that door open even a crack and it will literally and figuratively be kicked in.

It does need to be nuked .
A simple fact of human nature since the beginning of time is that as long as people have had authority over others , that authority has been abused.
Leave that door open even a crack and it will literally and figuratively be kicked in.

Cool

Minneapolis protest of Amir Locke shooting death draws more than 1,000 marchers: reports​

Andre Locke, father of the man who was killed, called for 22 days of peace in memory of his son. 'Because we aren't police bashers,' he said​

realistically there will be a wrong house no knock at some point that goes really bad for the leo's and I think that is what its going to take for them to reevaluate the actions. Dropping a dude on the couch in a blanket isn't causing em any problems because they all went home at night to their families.
When that happens legislators will reevaluate firearm laws instead, at the behest of the police union.

There is one of two things going on.

1. You need to fire every police officer in Mini-Apples and start completely from scratch. Burn teh current buildings down. Dump all of the vehicles into the Lake. Start over.

2. This is one of those "you can't get anything right" situations. I've got an attorney I work with. He's very competent. But if he makes a SINGLE minor mistake with a client, he continues, more often than not, of making a series of errors in the paperwork. It just gets worse and worse. No matter how hard I try to stop it, it just blows up. Mini-Apples could be this. They ARE trying harder and then screw up royally again.

Sucks in either case. But someone should be losing their job over this one. Hell, I would say every time you injure or kill on a screwed up no-knock, you gotta fire the guy who authorized it. I bet they'd be extra extra extra sure at that point.

I mean, I would consider doctors to be pretty damned competent people. Think of the sharpie work they do BEFORE surgery to ensure they don't operate on the wrong leg or what-have-you. You'd think a DOCTOR and his/her ENTIRE STAFF wouldn't screw that up. But they do. Often enough they need a sharpie procedure BEFORE the procedure to ensure they are cutting into the right areas.

The police should have the same. Maybe more so.

1. You need to fire every police officer in Mini-Apples and start completely from scratch. Burn teh current buildings down. Dump all of the vehicles into the Lake. Start over.

after that video surfaced of the police driving around in unmarked vans shooting people with non-lethals and going for "high scores" the entire police force should be fired. Its beyond clear the entire force is corrupted. There isnt any fixing it.

2. This is one of those "you can't get anything right" situations. I've got an attorney I work with. He's very competent. But if he makes a SINGLE minor mistake with a client, he continues, more often than not, of making a series of errors in the paperwork. It just gets worse and worse. No matter how hard I try to stop it, it just blows up. Mini-Apples could be this. They ARE trying harder and then screw up royally again.

Sucks in either case. But someone should be losing their job over this one. Hell, I would say every time you injure or kill on a screwed up no-knock, you gotta fire the guy who authorized it. I bet they'd be extra extra extra sure at that point.

I mean, I would consider doctors to be pretty damned competent people. Think of the sharpie work they do BEFORE surgery to ensure they don't operate on the wrong leg or what-have-you. You'd think a DOCTOR and his/her ENTIRE STAFF wouldn't screw that up. But they do. Often enough they need a sharpie procedure BEFORE the procedure to ensure they are cutting into the right areas.

The police should have the same. Maybe more so.

I don't understand how failure of that level can be so monumental. Here is a story from right here in Massachusetts so this isn't some far away 'it will never happen here' kind of problem. Our own police can be as ignorant and stupid as the Mini-apples keystone cops:

Want to know what makes this story even worse? The police got caught lying about this multiple times until bodycam footage exposed it.

They claimed they loudly announced who they were, etc. for over nine seconds. Obviously they didn't.
They claimed the guy pointed a gun at them. Obviously he didn't.

So this goes far beyond even negligence, which is bad enough on its own. They 100% fabricated a false scenario that was absolute lies in order to try to cover up what really happened. Beyond simply losing their jobs, they should all face charges for criminal conspiracy.

If they stormed in my house like that at least one of them would have have some dog bites on them. My dog does not like strangers and she doesn't like most friends of the family. Of course they would have killed the dog also in my case.

Any cops who enters a house with a no knock warrant deserves what they get however unfortunately it never works that way.

The use of no-knock warrants has been completely corrupted and the issuance of them needs to be stopped. The original purpose of the no-knock was to prevent drug dealers from disposing of evidence, usually by flushing it down the toilet. In this case the warrant was originally request by the St. Paul police investigating a homicide in their city. They requested a standard search warrant and, per usual for police requesting a warrant in another jurisdiction, asked the Minneapolis police to execute it. The Minneapolis police refused to execute it unless it was reissued as a no-knock (St. Paul has not used no-knocks for several years). In order to get Minneapolis police cooperation, St. Paul went ahead and changed it to a no-knock, even though there was no danger of evidence being destroyed.

There was no justifiable reason for a no-knock and the cops who executed it did a poor job. Their biggest fail was that they were all shouting at once. Other than the initial call out of “POLICE”, which the victim probably didn’t hear cause he was asleep, all you could hear was a bunch of shouting, nothing distinct. Then the one cop kicks the couch the guy is sleeping on completely upsetting him. The one thing you’ve got to admire is the victim's trigger discipline. In the stop action shot of the gun you can see he didn’t have his finger on the trigger but had it along the slide as you should when not on target.

This was an epic fail from the judge who approved the no-knock down to the cops who executed it.
Preventing the disposal of evidence isn't a valid purpose for a no-knock either.

Minneapolis officer who fatally shot Amir Locke in SWAT raid will not be charged​

Minneapolis police shot and killed Locke, a Black man, while executing warrants related to his cousin, later charged in St. Paul murder.​

Back
Top Bottom