• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Annual Goal Breakfast

Hey I'll answer my own question.
Probably a little over a hundred attendees-- breakfast was put out catering style; eggs, pancakes, sausage, bacon, home fries and a variety of muffins and danish. Met a lot of nice people, the meeting started around 950 or so-- it lasted over an hour covering the years progress and setbacks. Goal Operational Team was introduced. They sold raffle tickets at the door for 20 assorted guns. I had a chance to talk to a few folks from the GOAL offices about an FFL I was doing this week with them, found them very helpful and easy to work with.

So, overall, good meeting. Good to hear that the Healey Lawsuit is moving (slowly but its moving) and its nice to put faces to the names of GOAL who are working an uphill battle to maintain gun rights for us.

Meeting was in Maynard which was about a 40 min drive for me. The clubhouse was pretty typical.

Is GOAL perfect? Nope. But we need them and they need us.

They pulled the winners at the breakfast and announced them there, but they've not posted them yet. They were closed yesterday for President's Day so I'm sure they will be putting them up soon. Several of the winners were at the breakfast.

As for going alone, there were a lot of people who went stag, but the members were all very friendly so nobody was alone for long.

Hey I'll answer my own question.
Probably a little over a hundred attendees-- breakfast was put out catering style; eggs, pancakes, sausage, bacon, home fries and a variety of muffins and danish. Met a lot of nice people, the meeting started around 950 or so-- it lasted over an hour covering the years progress and setbacks. Goal Operational Team was introduced. They sold raffle tickets at the door for 20 assorted guns. I had a chance to talk to a few folks from the GOAL offices about an FFL I was doing this week with them, found them very helpful and easy to work with.

So, overall, good meeting. Good to hear that the Healey Lawsuit is moving (slowly but its moving) and its nice to put faces to the names of GOAL who are working an uphill battle to maintain gun rights for us.

Meeting was in Maynard which was about a 40 min drive for me. The clubhouse was pretty typical.

Is GOAL perfect? Nope. But we need them and they need us.

Thanks for the information. I thought about going quite a bit, but knew I was working the 24 hour period prior and would probably be dragging butt, which I would've been. I've taken a few classes through GOAL which have been very good, with very friendly people attending as well as representing them.

Maybe next year.

John

Back
Top Bottom